B.C. NDP on track to win provincial election in a landslide

my5cents
Guru

Re: B.C. NDP on track to win provincial election in a landsl

Post by my5cents »

Personally I think the ads that the government have used our hard earned tax dollars to buy ,,, er a,,, borrowed on our future hard earned tax dollars,, are great.

Every time one comes on TV, it reminds me not to vote Liberal.

Keep up the good work Christy, you *bleep* you,,, little dickens you..... ;)

She portray the perfect image,,,, of a bar maid in Dawson Creek,,, perky and so cutzie,,, with that winning smile.

"another round guys ?"

(my apologies to any present or former barmaids in or from Dawson Creek)
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Symbonite wrote:The title of this thread is scary...

Indeed. The only headline more scary would be “BC Liberals re-elected to fourth term”. Yikes. :200: :runforlife:
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

my5cents wrote:Personally I think the ads that the government have used our hard earned tax dollars to buy ,,, er a,,, borrowed on our future hard earned tax dollars,, are great.

Every time one comes on TV, it reminds me not to vote Liberal.

Keep up the good work Christy, you *bleep* you,,, little dickens you..... ;)

She portray the perfect image,,,, of a bar maid in Dawson Creek,,, perky and so cutzie,,, with that winning smile.

"another round guys ?"

(my apologies to any present or former barmaids in or from Dawson Creek)

As if the money the NDP spends on propaganda doesn't come from tax payers. :dyinglaughing:
If nothing else you lefties are amusing.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Voting in this election is like choosing my form of execution.i guess it doesn't matter Ill just where a blindfold and vote. I'm so discouraged by both major parties,I think only god truly knows which will do less damage.
Peace be with you.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:As if the money the NDP spends on propaganda doesn't come from tax payers. If nothing else you lefties are amusing.

How do the NDP spend tax dollars on propaganda ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Well they don't print it so it is donated and I would assume from people who pay taxes.....so it's taxpayers money is it not?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Bsuds wrote:Well they don't print it so it is donated and I would assume from people who pay taxes.....so it's taxpayers money is it not?

Oh the old misuse of the term "tax payer".

Most of us define the purchase of something "by the tax payer" as something purchased by tax dollars.

By your definition. Since we all pay taxes, everything, and I mean everything is purchased by "tax payers"
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

:ohmygod: What is wrong with you people?You need an minority govt. you have a third party that can keep the ruling party honest.The ndp will screw things worse then the libs,neither should get your vote. Most of the voters are falling into the ndp trap, wake up get rid of both and stop crying. :sunshine:
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Most of the voters are falling into the ndp trap, wake up get rid of both and stop crying.

the green party?
Peace be with you.
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

People are totally fed up with the Lieberals. Can you blame them? I dont. I am fed up with them too. Just imagine giving them another 4 years? So what is the alternative? Green? BCCons?, NDP? You choose. I for one will not vote Lieberal this time. Does not mean I am an NDP supporter as many now like to portray me on these forums.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Are you ticked off with this Liberal government wasting 15 million tax dollars on patting themselves on the back with false and miss leading claims, in attempts to make them sound better than they are.Just months before an election,they are using tax payers money to promote themselves.Help put an end to this wasteful spending and sign a petition here.

http://www.bcndp.ca/stoppartisanads

BC Liberal Ads Waste Of Tax Dollars: NDP
CP | By The Canadian Press
Posted: 01/14/2013 6:19 pm EST | Updated: 01/14/2013 6:38 pm EST

B.C. NDP Leader Adrian Dix launched an online petition to silence a series of B.C. government ads he calls a "massive" waste of tax dollars. (CP)

The provincial NDP has launched an online petition to silence a series of B.C. government ads the opposition calls a "massive" waste of tax dollars.

New Democrat Leader Adrian Dix says the TV ads are a desperate attempt by the Liberals to cling to power, and they should be footing the bill, not taxpayers.

The NDP says the Liberals are spending at least $15 million from contingency funds on the ads, something Dix calls the largest advertising campaign in B.C. history.

The Opposition says the latest ad claims the government is investing in skills training when the ministry responsible was the only one to receive cuts in the last budget.

Dix says he wants to use the petition to send a clear message to the Liberals that they should be using the money to make B.C. a better place, not to serve their re-election chances.

He's promising not to run similar ads if the NDP is elected to power in the provincial election in May.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/01/14 ... 75315.html
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2013
Anyone paying attention to political advertising?
With taxpayers on the hook for endless paid promotions of the BC Liberal government and the million dollar anti-Dix campaign waged by an aging crackpot with more money than sense, we might expect a bump in Christy Clark's reelection prospects. However, as pollster Mario Canseco notes,
“The Liberals may be doing well in winning the battle for the B.C. Conservative window shopper, but they have another battle to bring back those who don’t particularly like [Ms.] Clark and don’t regard [Mr.] Dix as a threat.”
Polling company Angus Reid surveyed British Columbians to determine attitudes toward Christy Clark and Adrian Dix. The results will not comfort BC Liberal supporters.

For more information and background, read Gary Mason at The Globe and Mail, B.C. voters accentuate the negatives in poll of Premier’s image
http://northerninsights.blogspot.ca
Attachments
Pos Qualities.PNG
Neg Qualities.PNG
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

my5cents wrote:
    How do the NDP spend tax dollars on propaganda ?

Lali admits ads broke rules

Speaker asked to investigate ‘partisan and negative’ advertising

February 4, 2013

By Mike Youds
Daily News Staff Reporter

Fraser-Nicola MLA Harry Lali has admitted that partisan ads he ran in area newspapers broke rules, but he promises that taxpayers won’t pay for them.

Chilliwack MLA John Les asked the legislative speaker on Monday to investigate a series of NDP advertisements he described as “partisan and negative.”

Lali said later that he spoke with Bill Barisoff, speaker of the legislature, and has assured him that the ads will be paid for by the Fraser-Nicola NDP Constituency Association — not with public funds.

“From time to time, MLAs slip up,” Lali said, acknowledging that the ads violated the rules on taxpayer-funded advertising. “The thing is, every few years, obviously, people’s perceptions change, times change.”

“These ads are clearly partisan, (they) direct readers to the B.C. NDP’s political party website and personally attack a fellow MLA,” Les said earlier in a news release.

The four campaign-style ads were published in recent editions of the Merritt Herald, the Ashcroft-Cache Creek Journal and the Lillooet News. The only MLA mentioned in the ads is Premier Christy Clark.

Though the public is accustomed to seeing partisan advertising, even outside of elections, the ads can’t be financed through constituency allowances.

“If it turns out these ads originated from and were paid for by Mr. Lali’s taxpayer-funded constituency allowance, it would be a violation of the standards of conduct for MLAs,” Les said.

Rules require that ads paid for with constituency allowances must be strictly informational in content and cannot promote political parties or advocate partisan positions.

Lali said the Liberals are merely playing politics.

“First of all, isn’t it kind of ironic that John Les, who has had so many legal problems and investigations, and lost his cabinet seat because of it, is asking for an investigation,” he said.

Barisoff concurred, though, that the ads did not meet the standard for publicly funded material.

“Taxpayers will not be on the hook for any of this,” Lali stressed. “When the bill (for the ads) comes, the NDP will be paying.”

He said the ads were not personal attacks but were focused on policy issues. They referred readers to the B.C. NDP website, which Les alleged was a misrepresented as the site of the official opposition.

Lali said MLA Kevin Krueger made a similar mistake several years ago by referring visitors at his MLA website to the B.C. Liberal website.

Les said it’s not an isolated incident for Lali. It’s the second time in as many weeks that he has raised the same issue over materials originating from Lali’s office. He said he sent a letter last week to the speaker, asking him to investigate a “negative, partisan” news release issued Jan. 28 by Lali’s constituency office.

The letter criticized Jackie Tegart, Lali’s Liberal opponent in Fraser-Nicola, for not speaking out on issues such as health-care cuts, school closures and the sale of B.C. Rail. It also criticized the Liberals for consistent “heavy-handedness with local nominations.”

Lali apologized last week, calling the news release an honest mistake. He said the release was inadvertently issued by his constituency office and promised that would not happen again.

“That was simply a mistake. I have a couple of new staff members. Basically what I need to do is check everything,” he said.

Les’s emphasis on the negative nature of the materials plays off the NDP’s pre-election ad campaign, in which NDP Leader Adrian Dix emphasizes positive messages over negative campaigning.

“Adrian Dix says he disapproves of negative, partisan advertising. The repeated actions of Mr. Lali are further proof that Mr. Dix is all talk and no action when it comes to negative and personal attacks.”
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

[quote="maple leaf"]MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2013

Re Charts:

WOW!! 30% of people think that premier Christy photo op is 'intelligent'????????????? :dyinglaughing:
Chill
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Although many have forgotten, I recall the mess this province was in under the NDP. They may get elected, but not via my vote. I would sooner remove my fingernails and undergo waterboarding before I would EVER vote NDP.

Return to “B.C.”