Crash on the connector

GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Re: Crash on the connector

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

For those that speed, what's the rush? Need to get to the next car wreck before everyone else?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Gixxer wrote:What have I taken credit for? Common sense?

Nothing now since that post has been removed.

With the amount of accidents on connector lately I'd say common sense is not being used wisely by number of drivers.

So please slow down and drive in right lane, leaving the passing lane open for those who feel they have right to speed no matter the conditions.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

GordonH wrote:
Nothing now since that post has been removed.

With the amount of accidents on connector lately I'd say common sense is not being used wisely by number of drivers.

So please slow down and drive in right lane, leaving the passing lane open for those who feel they have right to speed no matter the conditions.

Perfect your catching on. How about instead of suggest leaving the PASSING lane open for people who feel they have the right to speed no matter the conditions. You should have said leaving the PASSING lane open for those drivers that are well equipped, experience, and confident in their driving abilities to safely pass by slower, nervous, and less confident drivers on the road.
Last edited by Gixxer on Dec 28th, 2012, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Just out of curiosity, could we take this to a different level? Could we have a DISCUSSION based upon facts without insults? I am Genuinely Interested in who, what, where, when, and how, people think about:
Speeding faster than the posted limit/traveling at THE posted limits or less.
Who are doing each?
When do they do this?
Where is this most important?
How they benefiting from their actions?
When is either acceptable?
Attn: Mods. I know this may not be the appropriate thread to do this, please forgive me. I just don't know where to start this new topic. "Trials of Traffic" perhaps? I would be very happy to relocate to that thread and provide a link from this one to there.
All others can follow if they choose.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Nothing now since that post has been removed.

Gixxer wrote:Perfect your catching on. How about instead of suggest leaving the right lane open for people who feel they have the right to speed no matter the conditions. You said leaving the right lane open for those drivers that are well equipped, experience, and confident in they're driving abilities to safely pass by slower, nervous, and less confident drivers on the road.

It appears you have not caught on Gixxer......... slower traffic should remain in the outer lane leaving the inner lane (otherwise knowing as the passing lane) for passing.
Basic driving 101
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GenuinelyInterested wrote:AND this just in!

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#85132

This always makes me laugh a little the term "black ice"......... since ice is clear (or colour of the water if it has dye in it, for those who are picky) it takes on the colour of the surface it is on in this case pavement which is grey to black in colour.

Ice on compacted snow will look white..........
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

GordonH wrote:This always makes me laugh a little the term "black ice"......... since ice is clear (or colour of the water if it has dye in it, for those who are picky) it takes on the colour of the surface it is on in this case pavement which is grey to black in colour.

What colour is snow?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:This always makes me laugh a little the term "black ice"......... since ice is clear (or colour of the water if it has dye in it, for those who are picky) it takes on the colour of the surface it is on in this case pavement which is grey to black in colour.

GenuinelyInterested wrote:What colour is snow?

Black is not a colour, but white is a colour....... based on physics.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

GordonH wrote:
It appears you have not caught on Gixxer......... slower traffic should remain in the outer lane leaving the inner lane (otherwise knowing as the passing lane) for passing.
Basic driving 101

Oh you got me on a technicality typo, I will go back and edit to satisfy you and others that misunderstood me.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

I always took the term " black ice " as blacked out ... hard to see or can't see. Not in term of color.
The ice on snow usually has a certain glare that you can see.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

"Black Ice" is a very thin layer and still shows the color of the blacktop under it. Difficult to see and hard to predict. Compact and refrozen snow is white.

Return to “B.C.”