RCMP Naughty List

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: RCMP Naughty list

Post by Smurf »

It actually had a lot of real good points.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
It's been my experience, that the only people who make light of such statements, never had to live it, weren't intimately familiar with what frost bite feels like, take owning proper winter attire for granted, and have no issue with criticizing that generation, from the comfort of their easy chair, in a climate controlled living room, while waiting for the delivery person to drop off dinner.

That's a bit of a joke, what country do you think you are in? It's pretty difficult to not know what minus 40 feels like and live in Canada.

(frostbite me *bleep*, are you typing with your stumps then?)
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

ukcanuck wrote:That's a bit of a joke, what country do you think you are in? It's pretty difficult to not know what minus 40 feels like and live in Canada.

(frostbite me *bleep*, are you typing with your stumps then?)

You are predictable and consistent I'll give you that much.

Your prowess at processing what I posted here, is just as lacking as in other threads you enter, with your mind already predisposed to a conclusion of your choosing, whether facts prove otherwise or not.

Try reading this and then explain to me why one need to be typing with stumps to have experienced frost bite.

I took the liberty of putting into bold characters the pertinent section, in an effort to aid your comprehension.

What are the symptoms and stages of frostbite?

The stages of frostbite are similar to those of burns.

Frostnip or first degree frostbite is superficial and reversible but may cause significant pain when the extremity rewarms.
Second degree frostbite is characterized by blisters that form a few hours to a day after injury and signify deeper tissue damage.
Third degree frostbite describes skin that has been damaged though all its layers and tissue that turns black and hard as it dies.

Cold is a dangerous element, so don't let hypothermia catch you!

Info courtesy of..... http://www.emedicinehealth.com/frostbite/article_em.htm

Perhaps if you'd spent an hour after arriving at school, in excruciating pain, waiting for body parts to warm up again, you mightn't be displaying such a cavalier attitude.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

The sky is falling for sure but I have to agree with LW about frostbite. I lived just outside of Edmonchuck for all my growing up years and can tell you first hand about frostbite - and not only of the fingers, but toes and ears and nose!! It is easy to get when you are handling a pitchfork (even with gloves on) while pulling hay out of a stack to feed 50-odd animals morning and night, let alone walk 2 1/2 miles to school in the winter time.

Anyway, were we not talking about RCMP Naughty List?
Chill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I happen to believe that criminals should be made to live under the conditions that my grandparents had to live by. On my dads side they had no running water, electricity and had to grow their own food and can and preserve like crazy.

It would certainly have an impact on their priorities. And teach them the life skills that they did not learn growing up and into a life of crime.

Hey, then I guess I lived like a criminal then: No running water, no electricity, had to grow our own food, can and preserve like crazy - and animals we had to husband ourselves. Wow. Parole feels pretty good now.
Chill
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

FF, what the ?

You've got it wrong too. Try re-reading.

I think criminals should live like you had to, not the other way around.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Queen K wrote:FF, what the ?

You've got it wrong too. Try re-reading.

I think criminals should live like you had to, not the other way around.

I was agreeing with you! Living like I had to where the BASICS were not a choice but a demand for actually surving would give the crims a sense of priorities. Sheesh, never thought I would get gears for agreeing with you!
Chill
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

I'm just going to delete the personal attacks and off topic comments.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

FF, it was the "hey I guess I lived like a criminal then" I responded to.

No you didn't. No one said that.

And speaking of frostbite, I was working with one of those guys who did go to school on the prairies during the Dirty Thirties.
He said those where terrible times. Kids would be screaming in pain and could be heard from the school grounds before they even arrived. I sure wish I had kept notes on all the stuff I heard but that stands out to this day.

That's why I think juvenile delinquents should be sent to a prairie 1920s farm to live for a year. Then come and tell us how tough they are.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

They simply would not survive if they had to live like I did. You have to be brought up in that environment to have even half a chance.
Chill
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

All criminals should be made to try it out. Maybe the Bacon bros would have turned their paths around, or not, but I think a lot of kids would come out of it appreciating what they have.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Queen K wrote:And speaking of frostbite, I was working with one of those guys who did go to school on the prairies during the Dirty Thirties.
He said those where terrible times. Kids would be screaming in pain and could be heard from the school grounds before they even arrived. I sure wish I had kept notes on all the stuff I heard but that stands out to this day.

That's why I think juvenile delinquents should be sent to a prairie 1920s farm to live for a year. Then come and tell us how tough they are.

Would certainly be a wake up call, that's for sure.

All I'd add is that one needn't go back as far as the thirties, to recall such scenes. I witnessed it first hand in the early 60's, so perhaps that sheds a little light, on why it's a touchy subject for me, particularly when I note someone making light of, or questioning the truth of it happening.

Not fun times, for many a regular part of survival, rather than a sentence for wrong doing.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Well LW guess I have about a decade on you. My experiences stretched into the 1950s and then I was outta the prairies circa 1960. OUthouses, slop pails, running water is when you picked up the buckets chopped a hole in the ice and ran for water. Chicken dinner was when you caught the chicken, chopped its head off and did the necessary to fry or roast it. Spuds for supper? Gotta go dig those that you planted, hilled and hoed over the summer, no supermarkets around here. Go back to that? I could survive that but would be much more difficult, but at least I still posses those skills.
Chill
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I often wondered how my parents got water during the winter with the handpump in the kitchen - I was only there in the summer to the old homestead - guess maybe the well water wouldn't have frozen dug deep enough. Can't imagine trying to live like that now but people do. Aren't there places where at risk people can live in the bush and learn to work the land?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Re: Abbotsford Police Dept. Naughty list

Post by AllthatFunk »

KL3-Something wrote:While you're at it why don't you fix the title of the thread for accuracy?

Yes, as I stated early in the thread..my mistake. I'm not sure they can change the title but it would be nice. I've switched it in this post. I'm pro RCMP otherwise so I wasn't trying to bash them. I'm from Ktown and not used to city police dept. So I foolishly wrote RCMP instead of Abbotsford Police. I applogize KL3 as I'm pretty sure you are either a current or retired member.

Like I said though, I would think it was a waste of time and money regardless of what police department it was from .
I'd rather live with regrets than regret not living.

Return to “B.C.”