Roger's Pass

Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Roger's Pass

Post by Raven1 »

Is this going to become a regular occurance? Oh wait it already has.
Am I supposed to have sympathy for the guy that races through a mountain pass, and is involved in a serious accident because of his ignorant behaviour?
If you're on a suicide mission try a different method, please, one that doesn't have the potential to hurt others.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#84427
Nick Adams

Re: Roger's Pass

Post by Nick Adams »

Unless you saw the accident happen you don't know anything about it, and you are just jumping to conclusions. What do you think your post makes the victim's friends and family feel? Even if you are right, try to show some sensitivity and good taste.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Wonder why folks always assume victims and their family/friends race to Castanet forums to see what others are saying about them?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Nick Adams

Post by Nick Adams »

Well, be that as it may. I am sure if you were in a serious accident you would rather people gave you the benefit of the doubt. I know I would rather be presumed innocent until proven guilty. The article certainly didn't say anything about the cause of the accident. Believe it or not, innocent people have been injured or killed in car accidents. Maybe the OP was right, but we haven't seen any evidence yet. Why not wait and see before jumping to conclusions?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Well, this is all we know so far ... unless you have another source?

There was a collision ... nobody hurt? Nobody died? No victims???

UPDATE: Rogers Pass reopens
by Contributed - Story: 84427
Dec 12, 2012 / 12:15 am

Photo: Contributed - DriveBC

UPDATE: Highway 1 between Golden and Revelstoke reopened to traffic at midnight Tuesday. The highway was closed mid afternoon for a collision. DriveBC advised traffic could be congested for several hours.

--------------------------------------

Highway 1 is closed in both directions from Revelstoke to Golden because of vehicle incident.

The crash occurred mid afternoon Tuesday.

Originally, officials had hoped to open the road between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Now, according to DriveBC, the estimated time of opening is between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m.

No detour is available.

DriveBC will update the situation later this evening.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Grayak

Post by Grayak »

I'll never understand how people can conduct themselves the way that you did by creating this thread. I hope no one that you love ever gets into an accident and has know it alls like you posting in forums being so judgemental.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

The OP has a point. Every car accident is preventable. Last weekend drove to Calgary. I drove 50 km/hr sometimes over the passes, and made it in one piece. There were a average of 4 cars in the ditch per mountain pass and most cars were passing me through the rough patches.

That being said - isn't it about time BC stopped being "cut off" from the rest of Canada everytime there is a accident.

I spent 2 days stuck in Revelstoke a few years ago because a truck took a bridge out.

Double lane the Trans Canada already. Its practically a wagon trail.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

SurplusElect wrote:Double lane the Trans Canada already. Its practically a wagon trail.

No kidding! I'd even be more than willing to pay more in gas tax along with a highway toll if that's what it takes to do it right.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

SurplusElect wrote:The OP has a point. Every car accident is preventable. Last weekend drove to Calgary. I drove 50 km/hr sometimes over the passes, and made it in one piece. There were a average of 4 cars in the ditch per mountain pass and most cars were passing me through the rough patches.

That being said - isn't it about time BC stopped being "cut off" from the rest of Canada everytime there is a accident.

I spent 2 days stuck in Revelstoke a few years ago because a truck took a bridge out.

Double lane the Trans Canada already. Its practically a wagon trail.

:rate10:

I was stuck in Golden during this particular accident on the 11th. I drive that area quite frequently and these were some of the worst roads I've come across. Not much more than blowing snow, but about as icy as it gets. Far too many drivers think that "clear" looking roads mean it's safe to do the posted limit or higher.

I've never seen so many accidents in such short distances. All but one involved a transport or a pick up truck.

In one instance I was nearly hit head-on by a pick up who'd just passed a transport (followed by a long line of vehicles). It was fish tailing down both lanes coming right towards me. Luckily I was doing about 55km/h because I'd come around a particularily bad corner and I managed to safely move as far to the right as possible. But no sooner had I made it past, the pick up spun out completely and went off the road.

This accident on Tuesday involved a pick up which crossed over the centre line in one of the snow sheds and hit a semi. Those sheds/tunnels were just about the worst part of that drive. Scary stuff :(
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

There's a number of factors that people do not always consider. Human error, vehicle malfunction and rapidly changing road conditions.

There are times where even the professionals are caught off guard. Without knowing what the cause was you are only guessing what occurred.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

SurplusElect wrote:Double lane the Trans Canada already. Its practically a wagon trail.

Glacier wrote:No kidding! I'd even be more than willing to pay more in gas tax along with a highway toll if that's what it takes to do it right.

I totally agree, the sections of the Trans-Canada hwy between East of Kamloops to Banff that have not been 4 lane should be.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “B.C.”