IRP appeal in March

jerome2877
Fledgling

IRP appeal in March

Post by jerome2877 »

Well the appeal for the original IRP will be heard in supreme court in march followed in sept by the new IRP being challenged. This really seems destined to go all the way to the Supreme Court of Canada as the BC government is hell bent on keeping their cash cow and not giving any back to those punished under an unconstitutional law!
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Re: IRP appeal in March...

Post by KL3-Something »

jerome2877 wrote:Well the appeal for the original IRP will be heard in supreme court in march followed in sept by the new IRP being challenged. This really seems destined to go all the way to the Supreme Court of Canada as the BC government is hell bent on keeping their cash cow and not giving any back to those punished under an unconstitutional law!

Keep dreaming, dude.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

KL3-Something wrote:
Keep dreaming, dude.

:coffeecanuck:
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

Any idea as to how many 90 day IRPs were given out last night/this morning?
jerome2877
Fledgling

Post by jerome2877 »

KL3-Something wrote:Keep dreaming, dude.

I will keep dreaming.

That justice will prevail over this garbage law!
That the people punished under a law that was found to be uncontitutional will receive a remedy!
That police will have to do their jobs and be held accountable in court!
And finally that all people on this board that love this law and keep defending it get whats comming to them in the future by getting caught up in a law that follows the precidents set with this one!! :trippyquoter:
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

jerome2877 wrote:Well the appeal for the original IRP will be heard in supreme court in march followed in sept by the new IRP being challenged. This really seems destined to go all the way to the Supreme Court of Canada as the BC government is hell bent on keeping their cash cow and not giving any back to those punished under an unconstitutional law!

It wouldn't be the first time that the Liberals have enacted an illegal bill that was upheld by BC courts (BC Supreme and BC Court of Appeal) and was quashed by the Supreme Court of Canada.

I direct your attention to Bill 29, the Health and Social Service Delivery Improvement Act.

The Hospital Employees Union fought the bill in the BC court system, both upheld what was obviously an illegal bill.

It wasn't until the Supreme Court of Canada was asked that it was quashed.

I can call my cat "Fido" and tell everyone he's a dog, that doesn't make him a dog (well except in BC).

I don't think saying the IRP does not create an offence and that the "action" taken against those in contravention is only administrative, will pass the test at the Supreme Court of Canada.

The Supreme Court of Canada should also be asked to rule on the legality of Sec 94, where a person who has not been convicted of anything has their license suspended for 90 days.

I must add the caveat that I am adamantly against drinking and driving, but I don't think it is proper to solve the problem by removing rights.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
jerome2877
Fledgling

Re: IRP appeal in March

Post by jerome2877 »

Well arguments are being made now in BC supreme court. The last chance for justice (in BC courts) for many British Columbians caught up in this garbage law!! Like I said if this gets turned down then it will be off to the Supreme Court of Canada!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

jerome2877 wrote:Well arguments are being made now in BC supreme court. The last chance for justice (in BC courts) for many British Columbians caught up in this garbage law!! Like I said if this gets turned down then it will be off to the Supreme Court of Canada!

I don't have a lot of faith in the BC Supreme Court, be we'll see.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Keep dreaming, dude.

ALL HAIL the accuracy of the ASD !!

and the infalable integrety of the cops who swear they did a "proper calibration" of those devices....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
abbyrugby

Post by abbyrugby »

What an asinine statement................this type of arrogance is exactly why this law will be struck down.

My brother-in-law is a cop and he hates IRPs..............but then again, he's not a traffic cop anymore. Like any good cop, he got promoted.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

abbyrugby wrote:....but then again, he's not a traffic cop anymore. Like any good cop, he got promoted.

:coffeecanuck: You actually think that's how it works???? :coffeecanuck:

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

jerome2877 wrote:Well arguments are being made now in BC supreme court. The last chance for justice (in BC courts) for many British Columbians caught up in this garbage law!! Like I said if this gets turned down then it will be off to the Supreme Court of Canada!

pssst....hey....it already went to the BC Supreme Court.....that was where they they didn't like the answer they got.....so it's now at the the BC Court of Appeal....and being provincial legislation you wont see it go to the Supreme Court of Canada...FYI

jerome2877
Fledgling

Post by jerome2877 »

KL3-Something wrote:
pssst....hey....it already went to the BC Supreme Court.....that was where they they didn't like the answer they got.....so it's now at the the BC Court of Appeal....and being provincial legislation you wont see it go to the Supreme Court of Canada...FYI

Really? Show me something that supports you arrogant uninformed statement!!

"The Supreme Court of Canada sits at the top of the pyramid, being Canada's final court of appeal".

"The Supreme Court of Canada hears appeals from the decisions of the highest courts of final resort of the provinces and territories"
jerome2877
Fledgling

Post by jerome2877 »

KL3-Something wrote:

"The Supreme Court of Canada sits at the top of the pyramid, being Canada's final court of appeal".

"The Supreme Court of Canada hears appeals from the decisions of the highest courts of final resort of the provinces and territories"
jerome2877
Fledgling

Post by jerome2877 »

KL3-Something wrote:

Return to “B.C.”