The Dziekanski Disaster: what did we learn?

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

The Dziekanski Disaster: what did we learn?

Post by Thinktank »

these are some of the things I learned from the Richmond, BC screwup of the year
for 2007:

#1 - Don't expect someone who can't understand english to understand you
when you talk to him in english. You would think that would be obvious, but it wasn't
obvious to the RCMP. Get a translator first. Communicate in the language the guy understands or else
don't waste your time communicatiing at all.

#2 - Tasering someone four extra times for 'good measure' isn't a really smart thing to do.

http://www.rcmpwatch.com/category/robert-dziekanski/
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: The Dziekanski Disaster: what did we learn?

Post by the truth »

1.please this story is so done and over with..
2. i always blamed vancouver airport staff for not getting a translator.to help the guy out long before the cops got involved.
3.in before the lock
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
zyzzx
Fledgling

Post by zyzzx »

1) I learned that people that travel to an airport where they don't know the language should remain calm, respectful and compliant to any instructions that are given. Not react in a manner by throwing a hissy fit and act out of control, by throwing furniture against a glass wall right when the police arrive. Oh.. and when four guys in bullet-proof vests and guns come in to talk to me I also learned that I should be very sure that every move I make is nothing short of standing there and not moving. Yeah, I learned that acting like Dziekanski that day would ensure at the least, there would be a problem.

2) I learned that from a single incident, public perception has shifted from considering a device that is in most cases non-lethal has now become some kind of weapon that instantly kills all of those it is used on, thus eliminating it from use. I am saddened at how dense some people are to actual statistics that show how safe this device actually is, and how much safer it makes law enforcement personel when confronting non-compliant individuals.

3) I learned that there are still those, five full years later, after many reviews, changes to usage rules, enhanced training and testing of tazers... still are trying to stand on a soap box and try to make some useless point that really has no bearing on anything.

Well done... Best thread ever! Yawn.
Doing drugs supports crime. Are you happy that you support crime? Just think how much society would save if you didn't support the criminals that are producing drugs. Medicinal? Good on you! That is why the Doctor gave you a prescription.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

did the four cops lie?

(it's not nice to lie)

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
zyzzx
Fledgling

Post by zyzzx »

Thinktank wrote:did the four cops lie?

(it's not nice to lie)

Here's a thought, rather than post a thread that asks a very vague question, why don't you just come out and state what intentions you have in starting this, what I am calling the worst thread of the year..

Did you ask this question in your initial post? no...

Do I care if they lied? no. I put the blame solely on Dzieskanski and his own stupidity... And this is a prime example on why stupid will never win in life.

So go ahead, climb on your soap box and tell us what you are thinking... Because thus far, your opinion has been pretty pointless.
Doing drugs supports crime. Are you happy that you support crime? Just think how much society would save if you didn't support the criminals that are producing drugs. Medicinal? Good on you! That is why the Doctor gave you a prescription.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

my question was : what did we learn?

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Thinktank wrote:my question was : what did we learn?

#4 - DON'T ACT STUPID IN A FOREIGN AIRPORT.

good. anything else we learned?

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Do I care if they lied? no. I put the blame solely on Dzieskanski and his own stupidity... And this is a prime example on why stupid will never win in life

wow.....sad...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Thinktank wrote: good. anything else we learned?

:137: that you're a troll ???
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

steven lloyd wrote: :137: that you're a troll ???

because I'm interested in the truth?

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

steven lloyd wrote: :137: that you're a troll ???

did they lie?

WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

zyzzx wrote:
Do I care if they lied? no. I put the blame solely on Dzieskanski and his own stupidity... And this is a prime example on why stupid will never win in life.

You really can't see from any perspective than your "perfect" own frame of reference can you? There is no reason that anyone should have been injured from that text book display of how to be a thug cop.
You're not going to like hearing this but you have zero respect for FREEDOM and JUSTICE and despite the fact I think your response is asinine, juvenile and without real merit, I would still defend your human, civil and charter rights as they are meant to be. If you believe that those criminal "cops" did no wrong and yet they still felt they needed to lie about their disgraceful actions then sir, you are the one that needs to closely examine what was learned that day because clearly you do not understand that the police are employed to defend our human, civil and charter rights above all else. The man was killed because cops have a culture of "contempt of cop" that gets worse with each passing year.

A job where the most important qualities for doing the job are honesty and integrity and you "don't care" that all four of those thugs completely ignored them to save their own useless skins. I'm so disturbed that youre my neighbour
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

The man was killed because cops have a culture of "contempt of cop" that gets worse with each passing year.

I agree that the man should not have been killed; however, if you arrive in an airport in a foreign country, it is best you are functioning at a level that will not attract negative attention.
Chill
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I wonder if the guys who worked at the airport were morons, thinking Dziekanski
would stay where he was in the waiting area forever

or did they think it would be like Tom Hanks, the east European guy in the movie - Terminal?

WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

I don't disagree that Roberts behaviour was unruly but there are different explanations as to why he was behaving like that, mental health is right up there. I expect my police forces to act with at least a modicum of intelligent professionalism not cowboys that get angry when someone doesn't understand directives.
They lied to coverup their bs cowardice and I have real doubts, since they set aside the two most important attributes those in authority need, any of them made meaningful contributions to their jobs. And quite contrary, Robinson had a direct hand in the deaths of two civilians. POS If you ask me.

Return to “B.C.”