Abandoned Greyhound bus

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Abandoned greyhound bus

Post by Fancy »

I'm assuming since this grievance has nothing to do with this story or similar, this is for those reading who have never seen or dealt with a grievance before?

"just an example" wasn't clear enough? I will be more explicit in future then.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thats the US site, not Greyhound Canada, however I'll see your US site and raise you one Canada site
If you don't think this is a reflection of what Greyhound expects, fine. You can nitpick all you want but my opinion remains the same.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Fancy wrote:"just an example" wasn't clear enough? I will be more explicit in future then.

Relax, sheesh. I just skimmed through it and was just making sure there wasn't something similar to this topic that I may have missed :127:

Fancy wrote: If you don't think this is a reflection of what Greyhound expects, fine. You can nitpick all you want but my opinion remains the same.

I'm not nitpicking, I'm trying to get actual facts so I can form my opinion, and until I actually have the facts my opinion will remain neutral at this time. And if you actually think that if a company fired or disciplined an individual and gave that little career highlight tidbit to the Union and think they'd win with it, you really need to give your head a shake. Anyone with any Union or even legal experience will tell you that that is not a acceptable terms/conditions or policy agreement that an employee is required to sign or accept as terms of employment.

And you are entitled to your opinion, but state that your opinon is an opinion and not try to pass of something as fact unless you can back it up as such.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What's with the "head a shake?". This is a discussion forum and I don't need to state IMO - of course it's my opinion as it's no one else's. If you're trying to get actual facts, maybe this isn't the place for you. The Ministry who is looking into possible charges will eventually release that information if and when required - or Greyhound will release a statement - who knows.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Fancy wrote:What's with the "head a shake?". This is a discussion forum and I don't need to state IMO - of course it's my opinion as it's no one else's.

Point taken, you have no facts to back your claims so everything you post hence forth is now your opinion and not to be taken as any value to the thread.
Fancy wrote:The Ministry who is looking into possible charges will eventually release that information if and when required - or Greyhound will release a statement - who knows.

Thats right, they are looking into if any laws were broken which is standard procedure in cases like this (and no, this isn't the first time this has happened) and until we find out if any laws or policies were broken, there is no point in speculating.

For those interested in the wage structure, here is a copy of the current CA with Greyhound in Western Canada ...

http://www.atu1374.com/docs/collective/ ... (2011-2014).pdf

... starts around page 55.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

link did not work .
who cares if the driver was in the wrong or if it was against the law. what he did was pretty selfish to say the least .
i cant decide if i woulda fired him or not seeing as how there were multiple f ups that led to his relief not being where he was supposed to be.

as for greyhounds pay scale . 17 an hr is a decent wage for these parts ... as sick as that is .

the only real shocking thing about this story is the amount of whining the one guy in the story does .
and the fact that so many ppl r so incapable of even doing the simplest of things to keep themselves alive in the cold
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

:coffeecanuck: my, my.
no, this isn't the first time this has happened

Please back up any claims you may have - you know, practice what you preach.

I would think there would be a policy in place not to leave passengers stranded. I'd post links but for some they'd not be good enough.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

im sure it has happened before fancy . ive rode that bus and had longer than planned waits at revelstoke .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

theyeti wrote:and the fact that so many ppl r so incapable of even doing the simplest of things to keep themselves alive in the cold

Would the passengers have been able to get at their belongings?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

theyeti wrote:link did not work .

Ok, thanks. Try this ...

http://www.atu1374.com/documents.html#collective

... and click on the first CA on the top (Greyhound Canada CBA 2011-2014). Wage info starts at page 55.

Just a few similar incidents ...

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic- ... umbia.html

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... cle560406/

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/2013 ... /kamloops/

Makes me start to wonder that there may (as of yet) not be an actual policy in place requiring a driver to wait for their relief.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Jan 17th, 2013, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

theyeti wrote:im sure it has happened before fancy . ive rode that bus and had longer than planned waits at revelstoke .

I wouldn't doubt it but was your experience at night as well?
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

im trying to remember that it was ages ago
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If people can't get at their belongings, they wouldn't want to leave the bus.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Fancy wrote:Please back up any claims you may have - you know, practice what you preach.

Posted as I was correcting the link for the CA (should be working now) ;) And I do realize the first link is just a blog and not an actual news story, so the truth factor is negligable, but it does resemble the other stories.

Fancy wrote:would think there would be a policy in place not to leave passengers stranded. I'd post links but for some they'd not be good enough.

I would agree with you as well, one would think that there is a policy in place, but sometimes the most obvious things to outsiders are things that are victim to sour employee/management relations and budget cuts. But, please, if you have something share post it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

theyeti wrote:im trying to remember that it was ages ago

Well no worries - you don't seem scarred by the incident :)

Return to “B.C.”