Post by underscore »

Graham Adder wrote:there is no comparing cigarettes to anything else
they are in a class of their own

the fact is:
there is no justifiable reason to keep cigarettes legal
or
there are no justifiable reasons to keep cigarettes legal

either way, it just doesn't make sense to do what we do

Like many other things, it would be impossible to make them illegal at this point and that would just create a huge black market for them. I have always wondered why the manufacturers aren't forced to remove a bunch of the chemicals and reduce the amount of nicotine in them though.

simnut wrote:Alcohol - made stronger, quicker to drunk stage
Cars - made to go faster (an addiction in itself) makes them more dangerous and attractive

Similar, but not quite the same. The equivalent would be cigarettes with stronger tobaccos, not onces with nicotine and a bunch of other chemicals. That would be like making every car with a sticky accelerator.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
the_zipper
Board Meister

Re: Banning smokers in public yeah or neah

Post by the_zipper »

juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Great link!!!!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I think tobacco is an amazing product ,it generates tax money saves us lots of old age pension.You can also tell who is an idiot .they are the ones sucking burning carcinogens, making everything smell like *bleep*.
Peace be with you.
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

kibbs wrote:I think tobacco is an amazing product ,it generates tax money saves us lots of old age pension.You can also tell who is an idiot .they are the ones sucking burning carcinogens, making everything smell like *bleep*.

Sounds like getting stuck behind a giant diesel pick up in rush hour traffic.
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

kibbs wrote:You can also tell who is an idiot .they are the ones sucking burning carcinogens, making everything smell like *bleep*.

So, Albert Einstein and Winston Churchill are idiots? Interesting...
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

So, Albert Einstein and Winston Churchill are idiots? Interesting.

An extreme over exaggeration but i think smoking tobacco is not an intelligent activity,I was up to 2 packs a day when i was 19. I think some really smart people smoke but it still sounds like an oxymoron. There is no benefit. Who believes it is good and doesn't want to quit,
Peace be with you.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Actually there have been real studies that showed very positive uses of nicotine consumption, including better concentration, focus, thinking capabilities.

HOWEVER, the withdrawl downside due to it being additive causes greater reductions in the same things.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Smoking is bad mkay. Don't use the beach as an ashtray ,little kids stick butts in their mouth mkay.
Peace be with you.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

As a former smoker it stinks.

In saying that I feel the government is beginning to make too many rules. My thoughts are, if you ban smoking to start stop selling them period anywhere in Canada.

Wow, throw out all the tax dollars. Don't go on about cost of smokers, they over pay there health costs if the smoke one package a day.

I stopped smoking 4 years ago, and as we are a low number I made sure not to smoke near others. However, I think it is being pushed to far when you can't have a smoke while enjoying nature.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Fancy wrote:You said smoking outside doesn't bother people but it does depending on the circumstances. There's a distance one needs to be outside premises from a doorway etc. etc.

That is already a law, I think what people are suggesting is away from others. Next you won't be able to pass gas outside because it may offend others.

Were do we say enough is enough? What next govern obesity, tell them to go away when sick until you drop 20 lbs?
Ban anyone from drinking soda pop outside, have people slap the hand of pop away from Fat people only...as others stated, BO, POT, Alcohol or just terrible perfume are offensive to me.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

French Castanut wrote:One day I saw an old man smoking a cigare in his car, windows up.

Was that offensive to you? Why would you care? He's old, hmm...maybe smoking in confined areas is healthier then we think??
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

As long as there weren't kids in the vehicle, he can smoke as much as he wants.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Ken7 wrote:That is already a law, I think what people are suggesting is away from others. Next you won't be able to pass gas outside because it may offend others.

Were do we say enough is enough? What next govern obesity, tell them to go away when sick until you drop 20 lbs?
Ban anyone from drinking soda pop outside, have people slap the hand of pop away from Fat people only...as others stated, BO, POT, Alcohol or just terrible perfume are offensive to me.

None of the things you listed have a negative impact on other peoples health and are known carcinogens.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Return to “B.C.”