The Glenn Clark affair--politically motivated?

Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

The Glenn Clark affair--politically motivated?

Post by Logitack »

so now certain members of the RCMP were politically motivated in pursuing the glenn clark deckgate affair. and of course the liberal back room slime were part of it all...what a surprise!!

this province is in deep trouble!

AGT: Okay, so what happen, from the top.
RC: Glen Clark should have never been charged with so much as spitting on the side walk.
AGT: What’s that supposed to mean? Why?
RC: When the information against him was gathered, it was reviewed by a number of members at various times. Not one of them could see how this would survive in court.
AGT: Are you telling me that they felt no charges should be laid?
RC: Yes.
AGT: Why not?
EC: Because it was clear Clark made careless moves where Pilarinos was concerned, but not illegal.
AGT: So, were you also someone who reviewed the material?
AGT: You saw the entire file?
RC: Yes, there was a lot of information as you can imagine. I read every page.
AGT: But you weren’t part of the investigating team.
RC: That’s right, I wasn’t.
AGT: Okay, so let me take you back to your earlier comment then: How could Glen Clark have been charged if those charges wouldn’t stand up in court?
RC: Peter Montague.
AGT: RCMP Staff Sgt Peter Montague, of Gustafson Lake fame?
RC: Yes, that’s him.
AGT: Go on.
RC: Well, it was Peter that reopened the file and pushed the case after the original investigators found nothing with a likelihood of conviction.
AGT: Why would he do that? Everyone claims he was a strong BC Liberal, and I know he was, but Madame Justice Elizabeth Bennett, in her reasons for judgement, chastised Clark’s lawyer, David Gibbons–now deceased, for not pursuing defence allegations in court that Montague drove this file and that the charges against Clark were politically motivated. Um, I’m having a hard time with that myself. How could he have done this and then gotten through to the the Crown as well? That seems impossible to me.
RC: Um, it’s not. Once it gets past us, sometimes the Crown will rubber stamp it, other times they won’t. Peter was a big name, it became his file. He pushed this like nothing I’d ever seen before. There was a lot of intimidation.
AGT: Okay, why would Montague do this? Forget he’s a BC Liberal and possible candidate at the time, why risk a respected career and good reputation, I don’t get it?
RC: I know. I think he wanted to run badly, but then got cold feet. Peter was a boater, I don’t know if he still is, and lived out in Surrey/White Rock and had contact with Kelly Reichert. That was the pin that held the whole thing together.
AGT: Reichert, the former Executive Director of the BC Liberal Party, and one of Gordon Campbell’s henchmen?
RC: Correct.
AGT: Okay…go on.
RC: Reichert was the one who pushed Peter to consider being a Liberal candidate. He was the one who also recommended the lunch meeting between Peter and Gordon Campbell.
AGT: Did the meeting really happen?
AGT: How do you know?
RC: Peter told us.
AGT: Who is us?
RC: Another member and I…one day over coffee.
AGT: Okay…
RC: He also told me that the case against Clark needed to be reopened. That there was more evidence.
AGT: Was there?
RC: No, not as far as I could see. In fact, it looked exactly the same as before.
AGT: Did you tell Montague that?
RC: No way, I was going to be going in a few years anyway, I didn’t want to go up against him, he was very well connected.
AGT: Okay take me back to the Reichert connection.
RC: Sure, Reichert also recommended that the Clark case be reopened.
AGT: What?! He told you that?
RC: No, he told Peter.
AGT: And you know that how?
RC: One of the other investigators learned that from Montague.
AGT: That Reichert was pushing for the case to be reopened.
RC: Yes. Reichert said Campbell would be pleased to see that happen. I was working on another file with that member and PEter was confiding in him.
AGT: Okay, now by Campbell…you mean Gordon Campbell?
AGT: Okay, so they applied some gentle elbows to their friend, then what?
RC: The file was reopened, and Montague drove the thing like nothing I’d ever seen. We knew nothing would stick in court. But it was definitely Peter that did it, and I know Kelly Reichert was pleased. Obviously, same goes for Gordon Campbell, who became premier after the NDP were wiped out.
AGT: Right, okay, one thing that I find odd, how did Reichert and Montague know each other? This seems an odd pairing to me.
RC: Reichert was the Secretary of something called the ‘White Rock Power Squadron’. Have you ever heard of it?
AGT: Frankly? No, I haven’t. Do they fly model planes? What the hell is that?
RC: It’s a boating association in White Rock. They teach safety skills to boaters. They’ve been around for about forty years, I think.
AGT: Okay, and Montague was a boater, too?
RC: Yeah, he had a boat called ‘Goofin’ Off’. I don’t know if he still has it.
AGT: So that’s the connection? Montague’s BC Liberal pals?
RC: Yes, I know this for a fact, he was very careless in pushing this. I’m not alone, there are others that may come out. Maybe even publicly.
AGT: Really? Well, I hope you’ll direct them to me when they’re ready.
RC: You’ll be the first call I make.
AGT: Great. Thanks, I appreciate it.
***END CLIP***

Now, apart from the obvious howls from the BC Liberal lovers, now this: I called Peter Montague at home and left a message. No response. I called Kelly Reichert at home, and left a message. No response. He is back working with the BC Liberals, on contract, til the election. So I called there and left a message. No response (but this is no surprise as the BC Liberals never return my calls).

<<<<snip
Clearly, what we should be more worried about than the ridiculous attacks on the NDP, is that the RCMP in this province has major league issues, that haven;t changed from a decade and a half ago.

Remember, Kelly Reichert’s brother-in-law was the lead investigator in the Basi-Virk matter. Reichert is (sic)one wiretap offering Basi a clear bribe for getting one of Reichert’s clients an ‘in’ to government. When Reichert tells Basi he will get “a tip” Basi says, “that’s okay Senator (Reichert’s nickname), I’d just donate that to the party.”

How safe do you feel now?
http://alexgtsakumis.com/2013/02/01/par ... len-clark/
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: the glenn clark affair--politically motivated?

Post by flamingfingers »

Finally we know what really did happen. And:

Remember, Kelly Reichert’s brother-in-law was the lead investigator in the Basi-Virk matter. Reichert is (sic)one wiretap offering Basi a clear bribe for getting one of Reichert’s clients an ‘in’ to government. When Reichert tells Basi he will get “a tip” Basi says, “that’s okay Senator (Reichert’s nickname), I’d just donate that to the party.”

This very same Kelly Reichert has recently been hired to work on the Christy Liberal Campaign Team. Of course.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Typical Alex T stuff. Peter Montague obviously felt that there was a case to be made against Glen Clark. Is there any proof that the case was brought forward because of political affiliations? Of course not. As I say, typical Alex T stuff. Smear, smear, smear.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Urbane wrote:Typical Alex T stuff. Peter Montague obviously felt that there was a case to be made against Glen Clark. Is there any proof that the case was brought forward because of political affiliations? Of course not. As I say, typical Alex T stuff. Smear, smear, smear.

And what happened to that case against Glen Clark? It was dismissed. It should not have seen the light of day. Liberal smear and RCMP complicity. It made Reichert happy and of course it made Gordo even happier.

So where is Glen Clark now? Jetting around as President of Jimmie Pattison's world wide empire. JP was/is one smart guy who wasn't sucked in by the Liberal smear campaign on Clark!!'

Oh, and to get back on topic, the Adrian Dix memo was given no credence whatsoever in the judge's decision. It was discarded and it is desperation only for the Liberals to try to attach any weight to it whatsoever.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:
    And what happened to that case against Glen Clark? It was dismissed. It should not have seen the light of day. Liberal smear and RCMP complicity. It made Reichert happy and of course it made Gordo even happier.

So where is Glen Clark now? Jetting around as President of Jimmie Pattison's world wide empire. JP was/is one smart guy who wasn't sucked in by the Liberal smear campaign on Clark!!'

Oh, and to get back on topic, the Adrian Dix memo was given no credence whatsoever in the judge's decision. It was discarded and it is desperation only for the Liberals to try to attach any weight to it whatsoever.

You're missing two very important points:

1. Just because someone is found not guilty (while being scolded for poor judgment in this case by the way) doesn't mean automatically that charges shouldn't have been laid. Of that there should be no argument. As to Alex T's assertion it's all conjecture and makes for a good smear but there is absolutely no proof that the charges were brought forward for political reasons.

2. Just because the judge said that he didn't take Dix's back-dated memo into consideration didn't make what Dix did right. Even Dix, now, agrees that he "owns the mistake." Back-dating a memo in an attempt to make his boss look good was a terrible thing to do.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

No, Urbane, you miss the entire point #1: Only because Montague pushed and pushed this on the urging of Reichert (and Campbell) were charges laid. That is political interference.

#2: Adrian took a shot for his boss. That is what you do. He did his job. Got fired for it, had the cojones to admit that he made a mistake. The memo is flogging a dead horse. But that is what the Liberals have to resort to doing.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:No, Urbane, you miss the entire point #1: Only because Montague pushed and pushed this on the urging of Reichert (and Campbell) were charges laid. That is political interference.

#2: Adrian took a shot for his boss. That is what you do. He did his job. Got fired for it, had the cojones to admit that he made a mistake. The memo is flogging a dead horse. But that is what the Liberals have to resort to doing.
Re #1: Lots of conjecture without facts to back up that conjecture.
Re#2: No, that's absolutely not what you do for your boss. Even Dix admitted it was a mistake and the wrong thing to do. And you brought up the memo this evening - not I.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Well, let's see if Tsakumis' conjecture as you call it will provoke a lawsuit on the part of Reichert, Montague or the Liberals shall we?
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:Well, let's see if Tsakumis' conjecture as you call it will provoke a lawsuit on the part of Reichert, Montague or the Liberals shall we?
Why would they bother? If politicians sued every time someone turned conjecture into "fact" or simply made stuff up they'd be in court all the time. All you have to do is Google "Alex Tsakumis" and you find dozens and dozens of these conjecture narratives. By the way, his credibility is shot with the NDP as well. Bill Tieleman tears AT apart in this blog entry:

http://billtieleman.blogspot.ca/2012/10 ... lex-g.html

It is the silly season and people like Alex Tsakumis are working hard for their party (in his case it's the BC Conservative Party) and they sometimes are somewhat over-zealous (to put it nicely) when trying to find scandals.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Think we had better get back on topic here Urb.... Now, having read what the RCMP officer said to Tsakumis, do you have any doubt that there was political interference in pressing charges against Glen Clark now that you know the outcome from a court decision?
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:Think we had better get back on topic here Urb.... Now, having read what the RCMP officer said to Tsakumis, do you have any doubt that there was political interference in pressing charges against Glen Clark now that you know the outcome from a court decision?
LOL . . . yes, but "on topic" in this case is considering the source. If you read the info provided in that link (and much of it from Bill Tieleman) it should tell you that you this particular conjecture should be taken with a huge grain of salt. Tieleman did not mince words. I won't go into it further here, because that would be off topic, but people interested should click on to that link and have a very interesting read.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Read Tielman.. that is not the topic of conversation here. Can you answer my question?
Chill
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

One only has to keep up with the news from a variety of news sources to know that whatever malfeasance can be linked to the ancient history of Dix and the NDP is a speck simply dwarfed by what we already know about the current Liberals. Dix allegedly forgot to pay for a Skytrain ticket. Gordon Campbell forgot it was illegal to operate a motor vehicle while gunned on martinis and wine. Dix is guilty of backdating a memo and has admitted to it. The Liberals have redacted entire documents subpoenaed by the Courts and continue to spend millions in taxpayer dollars to fight disclosing any information – which any intelligent person can only presume must be damaging to them. The Liberals paid off convicted felons so as to obstruct Court process and avoid having high ranking members testify under oath – and on and on and on it goes with some new major cluster@#& revealed on major networks (such as Global News) every week. The continued efforts to carry on making excuses for this government and trying to somehow portray the NDP as something worse are becoming desperately pathetic at best. Those who really fear the NDP gaining power in May had better quick come up with another option, something way more plausible than “they’re worse than the Liberals”. That's just not working anymore.
Last edited by steven lloyd on Feb 1st, 2013, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:Read Tielman.. that is not the topic of conversation here. Can you answer my question?
I did answer your "When did you stop beating your wife" type question and my response was about the source. Bill Tieleman, if you read what he said, has completely and thoroughly exposed the lack of credibility Alex T has. So to answer your question yet again I'll just say that I would take with a huge grain of salt anything that Alex T has to say. By the way, this whole subject of the blogosphere came up on the Bill Good Show the other day and a couple of the participants in the panel made the comment that people are saying things on political blogs that are just not true - many of the things are just made up. But they get passed along and gobbled up by people who just want to believe that they're true. Is this particular narrative by Alex Tsakumis true? Maybe but we have no proof that it is and after reading what Bill Tieleman had to say I really have my doubts.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Maybe but we have no proof that it is and after reading what Bill Tieleman had to say I really have my doubts

Interesting that you would read and believe what Tielman, a dyed in the wool NDP supporter said during a personal hissy fit with Tsakumis. Less interesting that you would believe that BNSG and his panel of Liberal supporters about bloggers making stuff up. Maybe you could let me know how many bloggers have been sued over their 'made up stuff', eh?
Chill

Return to “B.C.”