Family Day B.C.

tgm929
Board Meister

Re: Family Day

Post by tgm929 »

kdsmummy wrote:FYI, government employees pay taxes too.

Actually, they reimburse some of the tax money paid to them.
kdsmummy

Post by kdsmummy »

Yes and they also work for that money.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Yes and they also work for that money.

Now, here is a point worth debating! Actually it isn't, I think any non gov't employee on here would likely agree that gov't employees are underworked/overpaid.

Wish I could get one of them jobs.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Steve-O wrote:Yes and they also work for that money.

Now, here is a point worth debating! Actually it isn't, I think any non gov't employee on here would likely agree that gov't employees are underworked/overpaid.

Considering that the "Joe Public" pays EVERYTHING for them that we have to pay for ourselves....BCGEU , CUPE et al of the public service unions ( with the exception of HEU ) are over payed , cry baby , wastes of money....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Steve-O wrote: Actually it isn't, I think any non gov't employee on here would likely agree that gov't employees are underworked/overpaid.

Does that include nurses, paramedics, police officers, firefighters, food inspectors ?
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

food inspectors ?

Bahahahahaha !!! Yeah , poor them......
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Steve-O wrote:..., I think any non gov't employee on here would likely agree that gov't employees are underworked/overpaid.

Of course they would.

Steve-O wrote: Wish I could get one of them jobs.

I wish you could too.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Steve-O wrote:Wish I could get one of them jobs.

It's not exactly a secret club, you know...Go to school, get a degree, and off you go.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

[quote="MAPearce

Considering that the "Joe Public" pays EVERYTHING for them that we have to pay for ourselves....BCGEU , CUPE et al of the public service unions ( with the exception of HEU ) are over payed , cry baby , wastes of money....[/quote]

I realize when you most people think of BCGEU they think "government employee", ie a barely skilled pencil pusher in a cushy job. Not every BCGEU member is actually employed by the government. Many perform thankless, difficult, and dangerous jobs for what most would agree is a rather modest wage. I don't know if you'd consider it a waste of money if it was a member of your family they were providing care for...
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

The rest of Canada gets this holiday its about time that BC came out of Gordon's Dark Ages. Stop bickering people and enjoy the day off. If you run a business be gracious not nit picky. Geez. If your business tanks because of family day then you were probably going to tank anyways. Nobody wants to hear about it.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I don't know if you'd consider it a waste of money if it was a member of your family they were providing care for...

FYI ...What I consider a waste of money is "Joe Publics " tax dollars paying for what he (we) have to pay for..

Ie.BC MSP premiums...

But there's more than that . Add to it the increase in operating cost to ANY private sector buisness and this "family day" is just another trinket from a desperate gov't...
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

My family left me. Not gonna be a fun day for me.
Im just gonna watch Oprah.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

The only reason a business owner has to complain about Family Day is GREED. Plain and simple.

Sorry if you're angry because you're greedy.... Enjoy the day off and relax.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Steve-O wrote:Yes and they also work for that money.

Fail miserably in the private sector, and you too can get one of those guv-ment jobs. The public sector unions love to have those who graduated at the bottom of the class in their ranks, as they are good pawns to keep the union dues flowing to the union kingpins. They are too limited mentally to rise up against the crapola the union bosses spew.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

Call me naive, but it seems to me that if I were to go to the trouble and invsestment of opening a business, and my success as a business owner was dependent on hiring support staff that were expected to grow my business, make me profitable, babysit my customers, and be able to support themselves while I pay them minimum wage, I would perhaps think that I should look for some other type of investment opportunity!

Return to “B.C.”