Give Christy A(nother) Chance?

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Give Christy A(nother) Chance?

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Dix has actually been convicted of theft, and he's still leader of the NDP. Lali has admitted to illegal advertising, and Dix is still keeping him around. Looks like allegations that are as of yet unproven should get a pass, at this point, for Sukh.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

David Berner gives us all a laugh:

Thursday, February 7, 2013
VIVE VITO!

The most hysterical thing about the latest Sukh Dhaliwal fiasco is that the name of the company for which he has been accused of not paying taxes is Genco.

Genco, of course, is the name of the olive oil business that Vito Corleone used as a front for all his other activities in The Godfather.

Apparently, Sukh is so busy running for office, he doesn't get to the movies very often.

The second most uproarious thing about Sukh's current troubles is that he publicly declares

“British Columbia is at a crucial point in history, and the B.C. Liberals are the best option for our province’s economy. Offering families low taxes, a clear plan for growth and the fiscal capacity for strong systems of support are values that I firmly believe in.”

Now, there's that push-button word that Premier Clark has no doubt instructed all her gang to use in every utterance. As in, "I'll have a Sleeman's - that's a good family drink, isn't it?"

The reason this is funny is that - except for her famous Family Day holiday - the Preem's attendance to family concerns are less than minimal. There are fewer services and fewer workers to provide those services in almost every area of public policy today - addictions, the elderly, kids at risk, abused women...

However, we can thank our lucky stars that good old S. Dhaliwal is standing guard for us.
For example...

While a federal MP, he wrote a reference letter on official House of Commons stationary for convicted international drug smuggler Ranjit Singh Cheema. The letter was addressed to the California judge sentencing Cheema after he pleaded guilty to conspiring to import 200 kilograms of heroin. Cheema was gunned down in Vancouver last year shortly after getting out of prison.

Dhaliwal will be a wonderful addition to the fun house in Victoria
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

It's important not to be comparing apples to oranges by the way. Adrian Dix is asking us to allow him to serve as Premier of British Columbia. That's not true of Sukh Dhaliwal.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Urbane wrote:It's important not to be comparing apples to oranges by the way. Adrian Dix is asking us to allow him to serve as Premier of British Columbia. That's not true of Sukh Dhaliwal.

If the Liberal party will allow scum like this to represent taxpaying citizens it shows the true ethical and moral fiber of the whole party. Right from the 'leader' down the line. Tax evasion is a federal crime that carries a fine PLUS a criminal conviction. And a criminal record closes the door on virtually all appointments of trust. What would a criminal record check on Dix show?
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

And yet you're okay with Adrian Dix and his past misdeeds even suggesting that backdating that memo in an attempt to fool the authorities is just what a loyal employee does for his boss. Good grief!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

We've had the WR Bennett Bridge (promised by the NDP but not delivered), the Port Mann Bridge, UBCO, Three Rivers University in Kamloops, the University of Northern British Columbia, a medical school in Kelowna, and lots of other positive initiatives as well. I doubt that too many people are opposed to any of those projects. And now this:

Minister vows four lanes to Chase

February 7, 2013

Sweeping skepticism aside, Transportation Minister Mary Polak promised Thursday that widening of the Trans-Canada Highway west of Chase will start this year.

Polak and MLA Terry Lake reiterated a commitment made last fall by Premier Christy Clark as they announced, to a room filled with local politicians, the start of a month of public consultations along the corridor.

The minister was adamant — despite years of promised highway upgrading — that the 10-year, 440-kilometre project is beginning in earnest.

Slow progress on the Monte Creek-to-Pritchard section in the last two years has led some to wonder about the remaining section to Chase, although federal and provincial funding of $160 million is already earmarked for that portion.

Consultations for the 10-year plan begin on Tuesday in the form of a public information session at Hotel 540 from 5 to 8 p.m.

"That didn't get much of an applause," Polak prompted when her announcement met with silence. The audience obliged her.

The minister said she toured the corridor en route to Thursday's announcement.

The increasing economic importance of the corridor to trade and the province as a whole will also drive the project is, she stressed.

"There's no question attention needs to be paid to the Trans-Canada Highway if we're really going to be the Pacific Gateway province," she said. "So we had better make this commitment."

The two-lane stretch of the national highway to the B.C.-Alberta border is longer than two-lane portions remaining between Alberta and Ontario, she noted.

"It's been a long time coming," Lake acknowledged. "And it's great to see it moving forward in a tangible way.

Polak was quick to dispel doubts about the project proceeding, particularly since the government has but three months remaining in its mandate. Trans-Canada widening was promised by the NDP before the party was swept from power in 2001[/b[b]].

"There's one big difference," Polak said. "The projects we have promised to deliver, we delivered. I think you can look at our record."

The new Port Mann Bridge was promised before the 2005 election, she said, and listed other recent major improvments, such as the Kicking Horse Canyon and the South Fraser Perimeter Road.

"None of these projects happened overnight."

The $650-million commitment is made with the expectation that Ottawa will follow through with an equal share, but that remains a question mark, particularly with a soaring federal deficit with reduction targets attached.

"We're talking with them," Polak said. "This is where we have to begin, with the consultation and design. All along we'll work with federal parties."

As well, completion of the Monte Creek to Pritchard stretch awaits an agreement with the Neskonlith Indian Band. First Nations in general are demanding the same agreement be applied all along the corridor.

Polak said the province is working with the band to arrive at an agreement.

"We really do want to do this in partnership with them," she said, adding that the two parties "have come to a good place" in negotiations.

TNRD directors who live along the route were among those applauding.

"I'm hoping there will be a federal contribution to match that," said Ken Gillis, TNRD director for the Pritchard area. "I hope we'll maybe see it go as far as Chase in the first year."

He feels the imminent election will help to hold the government to account. The project is too vitally important not to proceed, he said, underscoring Polak's remarks.

Chase Mayor Ron Anderson sees the same sense of priority. He said he can't imagine any future provincial government standing in the way.

Coun. Pat Wallace remembered the same promise made by a previous government, but is confident the job will get done this time.

"Now they'll start it and cost is always a problem," she said. "It's not that easy to come up with all the cash."

Studies dating back 23 years have pointed to congestion and safety issues along the route. Between 2007 and 2011, there were 76 fatalities and 1,053 injuries on that highway section alone.

Incremental improvements have been made. Since 2001, both senior levels of government have invested $700 million in the highway between Kamloops and Alberta. Work continues on seven projects, including two phases between Pritchard and Hoffman's Bluff.

Yet safety and reliability need to be improved on a route that accounts for two-thirds of the goods exported from B.C.
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

BC needs a small dose of NDP government every 15 or 20 years just to remind us how bad things can get. Thankfully 1, sometimes 2, terms is enough for the electorate to wake up and send them back into political oblivion where they belong for another decade or two.
Last edited by Dash5 on Feb 8th, 2013, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Even if Christy convinced her brother and her ex-husband to give back BCRail would I ever vote for her.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

Christy had enough time to make a difference. Sure, Gordo planted a time bomb with the HST but she had ample opportunity to make it right and not push us back into the dark ages, Am I really going to spend more time with my family on Family Day? Probably not. It's just another paid holiday for me (sorry Canada Post workers).

I honestly can't think of one good thing she has done for the province. The trouble is, our only other choice is Mr. Dix!!
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

I shall say the 1st time I saw the BC ad on tv (the one that looks like dominos game and BC is holding everything) I was like *bleep*??

So, yes, totally useless, biased and deceptive.

On another hand, I just got out of a provincial election to enter another one. AGAIN.

Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Fisher-Dude wrote:Dix has actually been convicted of theft, and he's still leader of the NDP. Lali has admitted to illegal advertising, and Dix is still keeping him around. Looks like allegations that are as of yet unproven should get a pass, at this point, for Sukh.

I'm uncertain why CANADA would permitt someone to act in a position of Trust with a Criminal Record.

That is just not right.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Ken7 wrote:
I'm uncertain why CANADA would permitt someone to act in a position of Trust with a Criminal Record.

That is just not right.

If you consider loosing your sky train ticket a criminal offence to be black balled for life,equally comparing that to other offences,like parking tickets,etc ,would probably exclude everyone in Canada.Really though the only criminal on record is Gordon Campbell,convicted of driving drunk,taking into his hand the lives of everyone he passed.And the Liberal party didn't think that warranted a Premiere from stepping down.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maple leaf wrote:If you consider loosing your sky train ticket a criminal offence to be black balled for life,equally comparing that to other offences,like parking tickets,etc ,would probably exclude everyone in Canada.Really though the only criminal on record is Gordon Campbell,convicted of driving drunk,taking into his hand the lives of everyone he passed.And the Liberal party didn't think that warranted a Premiere from stepping down.
The seriousness of the offence is irrelevant to most of the NDP'ers on here. One NDP'er, in responding to Dix's forging of a document and resigning in disgrace, told us that good employees just do those things for their bosses. And unlike Campbell's drunk driving in Hawaii Dix's attempt to obstruct justice was done when he was on duty serving as Chief of Staff. And yet the NDP'ers on here are quite okay with what Dix did while Christy Clark gets her picture taken while announcing the opening of a hospital wing and she's vilified. Go figure.
msj

Post by msj »

Fisher-Dude wrote:Dix has actually been convicted of theft, and he's still leader of the NDP.

Has he been convicted of theft?

I would like to know the context for this - any links?
danmartin
Board Meister

Post by danmartin »

[quote="msj"]
Fisher-Dude wrote:Dix has actually been convicted of theft, and he's still leader of the NDP.

Has he been convicted of theft?

I would like to know the context for this - any links?[/quote]

What all these comments about theft is only a incredibly week attempt to slander Dix for not having a transit ticket. He probably lost his day pass as he claims but even if it wasn't true hardly worth dragging up at every turn. Shows how desperate the Provincial Liberals are.

Return to “B.C.”