Is Christy ready to drop a writ--Feb 28th?

Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Is Christy ready to drop a writ--Feb 28th?

Post by Logitack »

This could be an interesting week in politics as the budget may or may not be presented in the legislature. The fact that the budget may not even pass a vote would be truly embarrassing for the liberals....

In an extraordinary turn of events, the Christy Clark Liberals, bereft of any agenda, and barely surviving on the fumes of throne speech fairy tales, have instructed, at least, Ministry of Finance staff to prepare for a writ to be dropped on February 28th–almost two months prior to the scheduled April 16th writ date.
I received calls this evening from multiple high-ranking sources in Victoria, with this and other breaking news below.
1) The Tuesday budget vote will be an embarrassment for the government, win or lose. Kevin Falcon and Blair Lekstrom will be absent, as both have family commitments (a birth and wedding respectively). And Kash Heed will vote against the budget. As will John Slater, Vicki Huntington, John vanDongen, and depending on if he’s more interested in himself than the will of the people, ‘Cowboy’ Bob Simpson, who seems to make decisions based on the satisfactory stroking of his own ego. The narrative is this: The government expects they may somehow lose a confidence motion or at least come close enough to land an (overdue) unsurvivable ignominy. They demonstrated, in spades–recall their throne speech of last week–that they are clueless in providing any substantive direction for the province, and along with other imminent failures (see below) do not have anything to offer until the March closing of this session. In addition, their poll numbers are sinking by the day. Last weeks count was 17 ridings in the “certain” to “likely” categories with NONE (!!!) “in play.”
http://alexgtsakumis.com/2013/02/17/exc ... -instruct/

read on, tsakumis has some other little gems to reveal too... in particular how the MSM is finally growing a pair and not being bullied by the liberals, in particular globaltv's Keith Baldrey....
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Is Christy ready to drop a writ--Feb 28th?

Post by maple leaf »

Here's hoping, we would save a lot of money in false advertising,as well.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maple leaf wrote:Here's hoping, we would save a lot of money in false advertising,as well.
What's come as a shock to so many is that the Liberal Party plays politics. Who would have thought that a political party would be playing politics?? The NDP doesn't play politics. Nor does any other political party I've ever heard of. It's just mind-boggling!
:127:
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Urbane wrote: The NDP doesn't play politics. Nor does any other political party I've ever heard of. It's just mind-boggling!

hey look over there :dyinglaughing:
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

maple leaf wrote:hey look over there :dyinglaughing:

:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maple leaf wrote:hey look over there :dyinglaughing:

Except that my point went right over your head! There is no "over there" to look at in this case. They just all play politics and that includes advertising. That's what political parties do so suck it up!
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Urbane wrote:Except that my point went right over your head! There is no "over there" to look at in this case. They just all play politics and that includes advertising. That's what political parties do so suck it up!

Adrian Dix has come out strong against the Government advertising for political gain on the tax payers dime, and if elected that will change.On the other hand the liberals dig in deeper with their false miss leading politically motivated 16 + million dollar waste of tax payers money.So instead of looking over there at everyone else look at your own party.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maple leaf wrote:Adrian Dix has come out strong against the Government advertising for political gain on the tax payers dime, and if elected that will change.On the other hand the liberals dig in deeper with their false miss leading politically motivated 16 + million dollar waste of tax payers money.So instead of looking over there at everyone else look at your own party.
There is government advertising that is over the top and I agree that the jobs program advertising is in that category. However, the HST referendum advertising was money well spent because it was necessary to counter incorrect "information" coming from the Stop HST propaganda machine. While that advertising wasn't successful in changing the final result it appears to have changed a lot of minds.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

maple leaf wrote:Adrian Dix has come out strong against the Government advertising for political gain on the tax payers dime, and if elected that will change.

Yuppers - if elected, that will change and the NDP will be the party that advertises "for political gain on the tax payers dime". They ALL do it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Pat Bell jumping ship at this late date. No one knows his reason (if any)....
Chill
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

grammafreddy wrote:

Yuppers - if elected, that will change and the NDP will be the party that advertises "for political gain on the tax payers dime". They ALL do it.

Yup ,sit back and be complacent with the status quo , and for sure nothing will change for the better.One can have a negative attitude and say it will never happen ,and for sure it won't.Or one can have a positive attitude and expect it to change and get behind it and pressure it to change.It was disgusting when the NDP wasted tax payers money on political motivated advertising and it is equally disgusting now watching 16+ million being wasted while more worthwhile needs go without.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Dix has committed to eliminating partisan advertising using taxpayer dollars. If he fails to do this, he will be beaten to a pulp and the party will suffer enormously.

The money the Libs spent on stick man ads promoting the HST were generally seen by the public to be insulting and untruthful. Truly a waste of money, as is the $16+ MILLION dollars being spent on the Jobs Ads that Christy says has been 'effective' because of the hits the ads have gotten on FACEBOOK!! :dyinglaughing:
Chill
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

maple leaf wrote: Yup ,sit back and be complacent with the status quo , and for sure nothing will change for the better.

Until we start voting governments out of power instead of back into power then nothing will ever change. And I'm talking about voting governments who do the same thing as the last group every four years until the message starts to get across that we expect more from our elected representatives. If nothing changes then nothing changes. Viva la status quo!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:Pat Bell jumping ship at this late date. No one knows his reason (if any)....
It's his health. He has a rare form of aneurysm.
Last edited by Urbane on Feb 17th, 2013, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

steven lloyd wrote:Until we start voting governments out of power instead of back into power then nothing will ever change. And I'm talking about voting governments who do the same thing as the last group every four years until the message starts to get across that we expect more from our elected representatives. If nothing changes then nothing changes. Viva la status quo!

I agree,if the NDP doesn't follow through on these types of things being promised,then we vote their butts out,until politicians get the message we won't put up with the BS anymore.But we have to start doing it now,instead of rewarding them with another 4 years.But it also takes public pressure and holding their feet to the fire while in term and get some of or all these promises kept.

Return to “B.C.”