Ferri leaves with baby with mother left on shore

givenrfarm
Board Meister

Re: Ferri leaves with baby with mother left on shore

Post by givenrfarm »

As much as I can read more into what was written in the article, so too, could you have. Bottom line... She still wound up getting a terrifying reminder of how fast we can lose our children. I can imagine the yearbook quote on that kid's picture... "At young age my Mother taught me how to be independant and search out new worlds via ferry." I suddenly have that commercial in my mind "times have changed" with the cigarette smoking pregnant lady, with the whiskey drinking doctor and the dad driving kids around unbuckled and bouncing around in the back of a convertable wildly tossing garbage out. Times have changed. Over-react, probably. But I'm a mom and that's just the way instinct has made me. Still think Mom need some helpful reminders from a parent group or councelor.
Chrome, cowboy boots, and a license does not, a professional driver make!
Horse, cowboy hat, and pick-up truck, does not, a cowboy make!
Twenty grand, twenty miles, and two tattoos, does not, a biker make!
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Ferri leaves with baby with mother left on shore

Post by Piecemaker »

Parent groups and counsellors may be helpful for most new parents. I'm thinking this mother probably took away some learning from this experience that she won't need any further "reminders" for. There are also likely some extended family and friends that gave her a verbal slap upside the head also.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

Return to “B.C.”