$8,750 for Each Pot Conviction

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: $8,750 for Each Pot Conviction

Post by Donald G »

To Gixxer ...

Blatant marijuana sales advertisement. Now your comments are starting to make sense. Also your availability to blog 24 hours per day.

The fact that some Canadian marijuana gives the THC and CBD content is neither here nor there unless you are trying to sell it on the open market. And possibly competing with Colorado in the process.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

Donald G wrote:To Gixxer ...

As I said before that information is contained in the report from the Colorado Oversight Commttee. Still have not read it I see.

You constantly complain about no references and then don't even bother to read them ... which is why I got tired of posting them.

Research comes before comments and conclusions. Those who try to do it the other way get an F on their paper.

To Gixxer. The one thing about someone not providing links to his "facts" is that when you go looking for them, usually not able to find them, you do come up with some real nuggets. Like this one.

ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA — The House Public Safety Policy and Oversight Committee passed the House version of Minnesota's medical marijuana bill, H.F. 292, today by a vote of 9 to 6. The vote is the latest in a string of solid committee wins for the House and Senate versions of the popular measure.

Norm Stamper, former chief of police for the city Seattle, testified in favor of the bill. "As Seattle's police chief, I had real-world experience dealing with Washington's medical marijuana law, and can say from first-hand knowledge that medical marijuana is not a problem for law enforcement," Stamper said. "The Minnesota bill has solid safeguards built into it, and the problems being speculated about by some opponents simply do not reflect reality."

Laws protecting patients from arrest and jail for using medical marijuana with their doctor's recommendation are in effect in Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington. Michigan's is the most recently enacted, passing with a record-setting 63 percent "yes" vote last November.

Organizations that have recognized marijuana's medical uses include the American College of Physicians, American Nurses Association, American Public Health Association, American Academy of HIV Medicine and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, among others.

I underlined the relevant parts of the quote. I love the part about "the problems being speculated about by some opponents simply do not effect reality" . Pretty much what I have said over and over.

Edited to add- Links purposefully not provided.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Jul 7th, 2014, 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Inappropriate
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

An unaccountable growing and distribution system is definitely a problem. As is inordinately high THC, impaired driving and many nervous disorders under the mental health act, some of which are the result of anyone prone to nervous disorders ingesting inordinately high THC and children ingesting THC during their formative years.

As with other substances, Donald, people with predisposition to 'nervous disorders' need to be circumspect about the substances they put into their bodies; however, this is an exceedingly small segment of the population. And the number of 'children' ingesting THC during their formative years is even smaller.

What you are suggesting is the mass public needs to be 'controlled' because of the chance/possibility that an exceedingly small minority of people MAY use cannabis inappropriately. Guess we better put warning labels on our water taps and bottles of water warning an exceedingly small segment of our population about 'water intoxication'. It is real. It exists.
Chill
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Donald G wrote:To Gixxer and butcher99 ...

In that case you have been saying that medical marijuana (as a medicine) is not a problem to law enforcement. That goes without saying although you seem to find it a startlingly new concept.

An unaccountable growing and distribution system is definitely a problem. As is inordinately high THC, impaired driving and many nervous disorders under the mental health act, some of which are the result of anyone prone to nervous disorders ingesting inordinately high THC and children ingesting THC during their formative years.

As usual you are wilfully (?) misinterpreting the comment to make it agree with your misguided opinion.

I see your add to sell marijuana is still posted.

Im sure you've reported it to castanet. I have no association to that site.

I see your still making up lies or exaggerating the truth.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

Donald G wrote:

One study has found this and only one. Others have found no link.

Some people cannot take anti biotics, some can't take aspirin. It only stands to reason that some should not take marijuana.

As for the impaired driving you have brought that up before and it was refuted. In fact all those points have been totally debunked.
Why do you keep bringing the same things up over and over?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Jul 8th, 2014, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic insults
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

As for the impaired driving you have brought that up before and it was refuted. In fact all those points have been totally debunked.
Why do you keep bringing the same things up over and over?

Because 'some people' refuse to learn. They are brainwashed by what they have been told decades ago and persist in their old-fashioned beliefs. Ridiculous.

When the sign up for Sensible BC was held, there were more older people canvassing, manning signup booths than there were people from a younger demograph. The average age of canvassers and people signing was 59. That means they were born circa 1954. During prohibition. That also means they did not agree with it after living through it and understanding the ridiculous cost and futility of the 'War on Drugs'. Don't think for a minute that all us 'old codgers' are onside with the likes of old codgers like Donald, OK?????
Chill
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

According to flamingfingers there is no such thing as impaired-marijuana. Everyone who has been convicted of it is encouraged to contact him for details. Those who lost friends and relatives as a result of an impaired-marijuana driver as well. Apparently the injury or fatal accident never happened.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

Donald G wrote:Mike, Moe and Curly in their continuing street corner chat about the wonders of marijuana will continue in a moment. What nonsense.

Is that the best you can do? Again with the insults?

You have to quit making yourself appear the fool.

really Donald come up with something to support your side or quit.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

Donald G wrote:According to flamingfingers there is no such thing as impaired-marijuana. Everyone who has been convicted of it is encouraged to contact him for details. Those who lost friends and relatives as a result of an impaired-marijuana driver as well. Apparently the injury or fatal accident never happened.

Obviously you never read what anyone posts to you do you.

I am sure if we go back and look through the posts here we will never find that flamingfingers ever said anything like that at all.

Actually, I just went back through all 13 pages of this forum and found absolutely nothing along those lines that he said at all.

Now, I did post the results from a couple of studies that showed that marijuana smoking and then driving is not near as bad as some people have been making it out to be. They of course have a hidden agenda, or not so hidden. They want marijuana to remain illegal and feel that laws instead of education are the way to stop people from driving after they smoke up.
Now, I also, in my post, posted that I do not think that people should drive after they have taken marijuana or any drug for that matter.

You at one time posted that 12% of the accidents in Colorado were involved people who were impaired by marijuana. After going through many many pages of search results using many combinations of words I was unable to find that. I did find that a certain percentage of accidents did involve drivers with marijuana in their system. Not impaired, but that it was in their system.
When you go out of your way to obfuscate or even rewrite the articles you read and then post here do you really find it all that hard to believe that people don't take you seriously?

The days of fear tactics around drugs are long over. They did not work in the last century and they will not in this century either. The days of REEFER MADNESS are gone.

If you want kids to not smoke weed, educate them. Colorado is doing that. They are using some the money raised by taxes on legal pot to help fund drug awareness campaigns. That will do far more than all your ranting and raving about brain damage, addiction, and fueling the drug gangs will ever do.

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/01/02/mari ... alization/
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There appears to be multiple pages with similar information posted. I don't agree with everything everyone posts and I don't agree with vendettas. I'm confused as to the last few posts and how they relate to the topic.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Fancy wrote: I'm confused

Seems about right.

I already say that your very late to the party. I see your playing moderator as usual.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I see you are taking words out of context and repeating yourself. Fact remains there will still be convictions regarding pot and how many people will be crossing the border to obtain same? I'm looking forward to the first person who will be so excited about it they will admit it when questioned.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “B.C.”