BC Goverment trying to buy First Nations

samsquench07
Übergod

BC Goverment trying to buy First Nations

Post by samsquench07 »

Christy Clarke, is trying to bribe first nations, by attempting to give them 32 million dollars, over 15 different bands, to make sure she gets her pipe line thru. Any comments?
samsquench07
Übergod

Re: BC Goverment trying to buy First Nations

Post by samsquench07 »

Is history trying to repeat itself, by government trying to buy first nations out?
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Christy Clarke is saying now "B.C. is open for business" and that "there is no time to waste". SO true; there's an election coming up in a couple of months and the Fiberals are desperate. Now trying to buy the First Nations vote. How low can they get. Funny how she was not in favour of the pipeline just a short time ago; wonder what changed? Oh ya....there's that election comin..."I better git my *bleep* *bleep* in gear". (More Ignorant Liberal Fibs). :dyinglaughing:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Gotta link to what yer talking about?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

grammafreddy wrote:Gotta link to what yer talking about?

There are a lot of links out there; just google it. She is all over the map on this one. One day she wants it; the next not sure. She can give the First Nations as many millions as she likes, they aren't likely going to be swayed in their vote come the May election. The Liberals are done; plain and simple. :eyeballspin:

Here is one link as an example: http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/clark+h ... story.html

The Liberals have no idea what they are doing right now and buying the Natives off is total crapola. When were all her supposed "Environmental Concerns" met?
Type_O
Board Meister

Post by Type_O »

Seems to me, the "government" is trying to bargain with First Nations.

Buying was never an option in the 1700's, it was, simply, taken.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

XT225 wrote:
Here is one link as an example: http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/clark+h ... story.html

The Liberals have no idea what they are doing right now and buying the Natives off is total crapola. When were all her supposed "Environmental Concerns" met?

Nice link. It says nothing about any money from anyone to any Indian band. In fact, it says that Christy Clark is starting to say that she is leaning toward not supporting "her" pipeline. Both of those facts from the article tend to contradict the assertions in the OP.

But hey, most people don't read the links that people post on here anyway, and just take their word for it that the province is giving millions to Indian bands to buy their votes and get Enbridge approved. :)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

XT225 wrote:
There are a lot of links out there; just google it. She is all over the map on this one. One day she wants it; the next not sure. She can give the First Nations as many millions as she likes, they aren't likely going to be swayed in their vote come the May election. The Liberals are done; plain and simple. :eyeballspin:

My God!!! What typical blind hatred. Spewing without even knowing what the actual topic is. The OP is referring to this castanet news article. It is about the natural gas pipeline to Kitimat, not the oil pipeline.

BC announces First Nations agreement
by The Canadian Press - Story: 87962
Feb 25, 2013 / 9:02 pm

Federal Minister of Natural Resources Joe Oliver announces approval of a long-term export license to LNG Canada Development Inc. in Vancouver, B.C., on Monday February 25. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Darryl DyckThe B.C. government signed an "updated" benefits agreement with a group of First Nations on Monday, one they hope will quell opposition to one of the many liquefied natural gas projects planned for the province's north.

B.C. Premier Christy Clark announced the $32-million deal with 15 First Nations along the route of the proposed Pacific Trails pipeline as she wooed industry investment at an international conference on LNG opportunities in B.C.

"I'm here to tell you that British Columbia is open for business," Clark told a who's who of gas industry officials.

"We know there is tremendous competition all around the world. We know that the window of opportunity to export liquefied natural gas from British Columbia will not be open forever, so we're moving decisively.

"There is absolutely no time to waste."

To that end, Clark announced the amended agreement with the First Nations Limited Partnership. The province will provide $32 million to the partnership for non-equity investment in the pipeline.

"The end result of it is that First Nations are fully behind making sure that access is granted," Clark said at a news conference following her speech.

Although the many natural gas pipelines and shipping terminals proposed for northern B.C. have not faced the kind of opposition seen by oil pipeline projects, there has been some discord.

A group identifying itself as the Unis'tot'en clan of the Wet'suwet'en Nation has evicted surveyors for the Pacific Trails Pipeline on more than one occasion, saying they were trespassing. The 460-kilometre Pacific Trails pipeline will carry natural gas from Summit Lake, 55 kilometres north of Prince George, to the Kitimat LNG facility proposed by Chevron and Apache.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

samsquench07 wrote:Christy Clarke, is trying to bribe first nations, by attempting to give them 32 million dollars, over 15 different bands, to make sure she gets her pipe line thru. Any comments?

And you sir are a troll for just tossing this out without any reference whatsoever with the pure intent to chit disturb and mislead people. How difficult would it have been for you to refer to the Castanet news article?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

When I asked for a link to what the OP was talking about, it was so I could read the same info they were posting about ... not a bunch more propaganda from wherever. I had already seen the Castanet article and it was not the same info, so I asked for the link to what the OP was going on about.

Please, peoples, post links with your opening posts if you want to rant about something.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

A troll? Sometimes that just becomes a convenient word for people like yourself, to use out of the blue for no apparent reason. Just cause things didn't fall perfectly in place for you.

Yes, the article did come from castanet. I read it on there. Yes I admit it. Came right from castanet, while I was looking to troll around.

From what I read, Christy Clarke is trying to hand first nations money, because a lot oppose it, so she can get her way, and run it thru the lands. Am I not correct?
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

And yes grandma freddy, I will be more aware to post a link, or mention where I saw the article etc. Just wasn't at the top of my mind, because it was on front page of castanet. But yes... I realize now that people may have missed it. Nothing to do with trolling around, that is somebody just being a littttllle far fetched.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Computer geeks these days. Hahaha :coffeecanuck:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

samsquench07 wrote:
From what I read, Christy Clarke is trying to hand first nations money, because a lot oppose it, so she can get her way, and run it thru the lands. Am I not correct?

Maybe yes and maybe no. I guess it all depends on your feelings about CC and the Liberal government. That'll bend your opinion one way or the other.

Some might say that it makes sense to compensate the native bands who will be affected.

Some will see it as "buying" their vote.

I just wanna know where the hell the government plans to get $32 Million - the province is broke and in debt already.

samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

true, you last line speaks truth. So broke, but they have invisible money.

I take it as liberal gov trying to buy them, because from what I see in news, and hear around, most people seem opposed to pipe line, and especially first nations, because of the environmental impacts it could have.

Return to “B.C.”