Buddha of the Board

All we need are MORE Liberal scandals!

Post by flamingfingers »

Reported on CKNW:

A new headache for the Clark government
Victoria/CKNW(AM980)
Sean Leslie | Email news tips to Sean
3/6/2013

It's the last thing the Clark government needs: Another scandal.

Cabinet ministers Pat Bell and Shirley Bond are under fire for their alleged roles in trying to influence a 25-million dollar government project in Prince George.

At issue is whether Bell and Bond exerted pressure to secure funding for a wood development centre in their hometown of Prince George; then left two local businessman who put land together for the project out hundreds of thousands of dollars when they didn't make the short list.

New Democrat M.L.A. Maurine Karagianis is calling for a full investigation.

"These are very serious allegations, not to be taken lightly not to be brushed off by the jobs minister."

Jobs Minister Pat Bell says he did nothing wrong by asking the Northern Development Trust to lend money to the unlucky developers.

"We do exactly that Mr. speaker, I'm sure the member opposite would do that if she had the opportunity as well."
Premier Christy Clark is standing by her ministers.
Chill
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: All we need are MORE Liberal scandals!!

Post by grammafreddy »

Isn't this old news now?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

no it was pushed to the back burner when ethnicgate reared its ugly head....

bell and bond are up to their neck in corruption on the wood innovation center in PG land deal. they should resign from cabinet, at the very least. after all, isnt that what Yap did as multicultural minister---and he wasnt even involved, he was just clark's scapegoat.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

grammafreddy wrote:Isn't this old news now?

What has been concluded? It has NOT been determined that Pat Bell and Shirley Bond did not influence any part of this. We have just had too many Liberal scandals to read about that perhaps this has not been explored adequately. But nonetheless, two heavy duty Liberal supporters are in court over this and accusing two Liberal MLAs of less than pristine actions. Thus, it is definitely not 'old news'.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Logitack wrote:no it was pushed to the back burner when ethnicgate reared its ugly head....

bell and bond are up to their neck in corruption on the wood innovation center in PG land deal. they should resign from cabinet, at the very least. after all, isnt that what Yap did as multicultural minister---and he wasnt even involved, he was just clark's scapegoat.
Did you miss the word "alleged" Logi? These old-style faux-outrage smear campaigns are what Dix said he wasn't going to engage in so he just stands there twiddling his thumbs while his surrogates do his dirty work. As Al pointed out earlier today Dix has cleverly diverted attention from his own disastrous policies that he wants to implement and I would add that so far the media have given him a free ride. We'll see if that continues.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Did you miss the word "alleged" Logi? These old-style faux-outrage smear campaigns are what Dix said he wasn't going to engage in so he just stands there twiddling his thumbs while his surrogates do his dirty work. As Al pointed out earlier today Dix has cleverly diverted attention from his own disastrous policies that he wants to implement and I would add that so far the media have given him a free ride. We'll see if that continues.

Dix has had NOTHING to do with this. It is a court action brought by two long time Liberal donors who feel they were promised a 'favored' (and probably rightly so) deal by both Bell and Bond. Fehr ALSO met with premier photo op around this time. The case is now before the courts. Without Dix's uneven fingers even touching this. OKI?
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:
    Dix has had NOTHING to do with this. It is a court action brought by two long time Liberal donors who feel they were promised a 'favored' (and probably rightly so) deal by both Bell and Bond. Fehr ALSO met with premier photo op around this time. The case is now before the courts. Without Dix's uneven fingers even touching this. OKI?
No, his surrogates are doing the dirty work which is exactly my point. Get it?

New Democrat M.L.A. Maurine Karagianis is calling for a full investigation.

"These are very serious allegations, not to be taken lightly not to be brushed off by the jobs minister."
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Not that smear campaigns are anything new and they usually tell us more about the "smearer" than the "smearee."

There is a story in politics, commonly attributed to Lyndon B. Johnson, about how LBJ wanted to circulate a rumor attacking his opponent in a Texas election. Johnson, it's said, wanted to spread the story that his opponent liked to have sex with barnyard animals. One of LBJ's aides said, "We can't prove it."
"I know that," replied Johnson. "I just want to hear him deny it."
http://jamillerrampant.blogspot.ca/2006 ... it_27.html
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I didn't say anything had been concluded. I just asked if this wasn't old news now because I had already heard about it days ago. In the grand scheme of "I hate NDP"-"I hate Liberals" it is old news. This ain't "breaking news" by any means. Scandals happen every minute these days so Sean Leslie and CKNW are a tad behind the 8 ball on this one if they are just sensationalizing about it now.

However, I will agree - the Liberals' dirty fingers need some bleach to get the taint off them. Too bad they didn't oust Ms Clark last weekend - they mighta saved themselves somewhat. She's poison to them right now. Pure poison. Perhaps they rallied around her because she has too much dirt on all the rest of them and they need to keep her pacified and silenced about what shenanigans she knows about the whole bunch of them (not excluding her, of course).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Typical BC politics. Rallying around the leader. Not allowed to express your own opinion or you are put to the backbench or are turfed out. Stick with the party protocol. We live in a democratic dictatorship........and that applies to all parties. provincial and federal.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

I recall when both the Socreds and the NDP Governments came down to their final days – it got to a point that it didn’t matter what they said or did it was all portrayed negatively and every hiccup non story became front page news. I see the very same things happening to the BC Libs today.
Back with a vengeance
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Al Czervic wrote:I recall when both the Socreds and the NDP Governments came down to their final days – it got to a point that it didn’t matter what they said or did it was all portrayed negatively and every hiccup non story became front page news. I see the very same things happening to the BC Libs today.

Good observation. I've been saying similar ever since the HST was brought in, but now that you mention it, I've seen this script before. They don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of preventing the NDP from winning a sizable majority in my opinion, even with the self destruction of the BC Conservatives.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

Glacier wrote:Good observation. I've been saying similar ever since the HST was brought in, but now that you mention it, I've seen this script before. They don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of preventing the NDP from winning a sizable majority in my opinion, even with the self destruction of the BC Conservatives.

I agree. The NDP will win without the BC Conservatives being a factor. The bigger question is how large and how effective will the BC Liberals be as an opp. party? They do have potentially lots of new blood and I see that as a positive but who will be the leader? I do not see Christy Clark winning her own seat - strangely they could have run her in a safe seat and they for whatever reason decided not to. Very curious.
Back with a vengeance
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

that is why the senate seat is still vacant.... it is being saved for christy to parachute into after she loses her seat as an MLA and leader of the party
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^ I think she either sees or has been told in explicit tones that she is done like Real Done. It will serve to show her as a martyr instead of a quitter......
Chill

Return to “B.C.”