And Today's Liberals slip another notch or 3!

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

And Today's Liberals slip another notch or 3!

Post by flamingfingers »

Political:
- If an election were held tomorrow, 51% of those polled would vote for the NDP, 32% for the Liberals, 9% for the BC Conservatives, and 7% for the Green Party. This is an increase of 3% for the NDP since November

- 37% of those polled think Adrian Dix would be the best premier, compared to 22% for Christy Clark, however 30% would most like to have dinner with Clark, compared to 19% for Dix

http://shawmediatv.ca/press/read/?1931
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: And Today's Liberals slip another notch or 3!

Post by Urbane »

^^ Enjoy the popularity of your guy now, flaming, because once Dix releases a platform (if he actually does) he's going to have to answer some tough questions. After complaining bitterly for all of these years about "chronic underfunding" of every ministry and with pressure from the BCGEU to initiate a multi-billion dollar childcare program, and with the BCTF asking for $2.1 billion more, and with other public sector unions asking for more something's gotta give. And remember, Dix favoured the transfer of $1.6 billion from our BC treasury to the federal treasury and he supports the re-opening of the PST office in BC and the $30 million annual cost of operating that. Dix will find himself in quite a pickle if he becomes premier and while he'll blame the Liberals for all of his troubles he in fact is the architect of his own demise. As I say, enjoy your guy's popularity while it lasts.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Indications seem to be that we will be facing an inordinately long election campaign this time. In 2009, the writ was dropped on April 14th for an election on May 12th. Any thoughts as to which party would benefit most from a campaign that might run almost double the length of time of that of 2009?

....there are of course many who would suggest the election campaign on the Liberal side has been running at taxpayer expense ever since Christy Clark became unelected Premier ; -)

Nab
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Interesting thought NAB, I would think the Liberals would likely benefit the most from a longer campaign, maybe. I think the more Dix does answer tough questions with avoidance like comments the less faith the general public will keep in him. He's only popular due to Liberal distaste than he is through being a premier in waiting.

However it also will be dependent on how many more Liberal members do stupid things as well and the longer in the spotlight, the more likely that is to occur.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Veovis wrote: ....it also will be dependent on how many more Liberal members do stupid things as well and the longer in the spotlight, the more likely that is to occur.

Good point, and I am inclined to agree that is a major danger for the Liberals, ...particularly if Clark tries to play the starring role - which is, I suspect, her intention.

Nab
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I would tend to think that a longer campaign would be of more help to Dix. Obviously he will have to present the NDP platform once the writ is dropped and then explain the ramifications which I think will help dispel the fearmongering the Libs have done. In other words, get the electorate 'used to him' and also get Farnworth and Horgan out there to message. Farnworth is a comfortable sort and I think Horgan has the ability to make even complex issues quite clear to the general Wendy the waitress and Bill the plumber.

Definitely a longer campaign will provide even more opportunity for the Clark crowd to make missteps/mistakes/blunders.
Chill
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Clark should resign. So many similarities to the Nixon Watergate situation from the 70's. She cant deny she "did not know". Does not the buck stops at her desk? Cant believe people still support this government. If she steps down now and another leader takes her place, they just may still have a slight chance. However, who wants and/or can take over? Any "clean" lieberals left? Oh and for those who will put me in the NDP corner, no I am not an NDP supporter. But I will not vote for the present government.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Nah

Bring on Clark.

We would like to see more of her fumbles, bumbles, lies, and rude comments.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

In my opinion, both the NDP and Liberals are being run by opportunists who had clearly proven their respective ability to manufacture 'findings' out of innuendo and cross the line into outright dishonesty when required. The voters are left choosing between the lesser of two evils. Those who want the pot of gold spent on unions and unlimited social programs will vote NDP. Those who want a form of socialized free enterprise and fiscal restraint will vote Liberal. Unless the Conservatives arrive on the scene pretty soon, the conservatives will have to vote for the Liberals or NDP to make their vote meaningful.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To John500 ...

The main reason that I am considering supporting the Liberals is that BOTH leaders have proven dishonest. When you sort through the political chaff you find that Mr Dix has never yet said how he is going to balance the budget AND hand out the additional programs promised. What is the difference between the Conservatives who have not, to my knowledge, said anything and Mr Dix who has said a great many things, none of which are useful in helping me, as a the voter, understand his platform. I am after all one of the people who will be left with the bills.
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Yes, keep on supporting the lieberals. Why not. Give us more of the same. If they do win the next election, they become even more arrogant as they will think that nothing can touch them.They need to be out, regroups sort of speak. I was always a liberal supporter but what they have pulled is unacceptable. So do they deserve to be voted in?
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Heck, no.
They still have many unresolved scandals hanging around.
Clark will have to explain these again and again on the campaign trail.

I have voted Liberal but not this time.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

George+ ...

You are at it again ... the bit about having voted Liberal in the past ... but not this time.

On the ranch we used to move horses by riding one (lead) horse in front of the herd. By nature the rest of the herd would follow their lead.

Your comment reminds me of that tactic used by ranchers to fool "the herd" into following when they want the herd to go in a given direction.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

This is nonsense ... every one of these many political threads have been opened by apparent amateurs within the NDP party for the purpose of spreading non factual, emotionalized, political information. I will no longer be part of the amateur charade. I will find the factual political information elsewhere.

Return to “B.C.”