Nanaimo Hells Angel sees criminal charges stayed

diggerdick
Board Meister

Re: Nanaimo Hells Angel sees criminal charges stayed

Post by diggerdick »

Donald G wrote:There is absolutely no excuse for the stupidity of laws and a legal system that permit identified criminals to get off scott free on technical grounds

I guess in your eyes, the type of uniform and what gang you belong to
makes all the difference. LOL
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Diggerdick ...

I do not see that there is much difference in the objectives between one criminal gang and another ... to prey on and profit by taking advantage of the weakest in or society.
diggerdick
Board Meister

Post by diggerdick »

Now you're just playing coy

You don't seem to have any problem allowing the justice system to let police officers go Who have committed serious criminal offenses With little more than a slap on the wrist.

Stealing money, stealing cocaine vicious physical attacks Committed by gangs with different uniforms.

I don't believe in being a hypocrite when it comes to justice
It should be equal prosecution for all.
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Attachments
Axe Grinding.jpg
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

the rcmp and the so called 'justice system' has taken steps to delay cases by reducing at least certain resources.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... sults.html

and of course there are the insiders that tamper with evidence for their own kicks (maybe, or maybe they do it for a different more nefarious reason), and such a person might get the priestly treatment, simply moved to a different detachment if caught, and maybe even a promotion too.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/27 ... 43523.html

cases like this in the op are delayed purposefully to the desired end i suspect.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To KL-3something ...

Another first place prize in the "significant public messages passed by photograph" category.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To diggerdick ...

I think you have me confused with someone you think you recognize.

Please point out ONE instance where I have said that one of the 51 out of 21,000 RCMP officers across Canada should not be held accountable for their actions ... or any police officers in any other police force for that matter.

The only place we seem to differ widely is that I want it proven that the officer did what he/she is alleged to have done. You seem to be willing to accept allegations as proof of wrongdoing.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To A_britishcolumbian ...

It is not in the interests of the RCMP to delay court cases being heard. It IS in the significant interests of the accused parties and their lawyers to delay court cases ... a tactic that is regularly resorted to in an effort to have the charges against the accused thrown out on technical grounds.

I am having a hard time determining whether you actually believe some of the articles you publish or know they are of questionable truthfulness but use them anyway ... to try to discredit the police.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

don, i get the impression you did not read the article i posted. the rcmp shut down half their labs, in a time when dna has become stardard evidence in cases. they specifically have chosen not to implement a standardized protocol or system for handling cases. is there even protocols in place to handle the samples?
Last edited by A_Britishcolumbian on Jun 12th, 2013, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Which RCMP Crime Detection Lab arrangement do you think arrangement handles the most TOTAL cases, between;

Six RCMP forensic labs that each handle 40,000 criminal cases per year? OR
Three RCMP forensic labs that each handle 80,000 criminal cases per year?

Do you think drug exhibits are handled by an RCMP Lab or Health Protection Branch Lab?

Which Lab arrangement do you think would be the least expensive to operate on a total case basis?

Do you think that a delay in exhibit processing played any role in the case being dismissed on technical grounds?

Your propensity to give false and misleading information is remarkable ...
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

my knowledge of the details of the dna processing by the rcmp comes entirely from the media.
the numbers you present shows that the case load of the 3 labs are double case load of 6 labs.
i would prefer to work in the lab with half the case load.
we have seen the gov appropriate taxes for armouring and arming the rcmp, but still no video in the cruisers.
we have seen money and effort put into disarming 'canadians' and preventing british columbians (as well as others) from possessing or wearing armour.

with the number of dna labs halved, one might think an abundance of managers with specific experience suddenly available and thus the ability to form a formal set of protocols, yet that has not happened.
why do you feel they closed the labs?

i believe that it is possible that the case referred to in the op was purposely delayed to get the offender(s) off.
do you deny a connection of convenience between the rcmp and or the provincial and federal 'governments'?

i think we all believe that members of the rcmp participate in this forum, yet i am not aware of one ever saying that 'the rcmp would never do that'.
T.Tsarnaev
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The topic of why the GOVERNMENT chose to, extend, update, modernize or change any FEDERALLY FUNDED LAB RUN AND STAFFED BY THE RCMP is far too large to deal with in this forum. The newspaper article is a bit like the theory of evolution and genetics being written up in a grade 7 textbook. Studies indicate that reporters articles are to be aimed at people in their early to mid teens.

"What happened" is described in terms of where and when but, as is common, with no explanation of why the decision was made or who the decision was made by ... leaving almost unlimited opportunity for people to come up with any number of right and wrong possibilities, in an effort to give an explanation. The how" of the new configuration is also left out ... leaving the public in the dark.

With respect.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

and that is what the future king, stephen harper refers to as "transparency".
i believe the points i provided illustrated clearly the labs were not shuttered due to lack of funds.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

whoops! i kinda forgot a critical element to the question...

i believe that it is possible that the case referred to in the op was purposely delayed to get the offender(s) off.
do you deny a connection of convenience between the hells angels (used without expressed consent) and the rcmp and or the provincial and federal 'governments'?
T.Tsarnaev
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I do not see how anyone can say that "no RCMP officer would ever do that". They are human beings with human emotions. Although they are trained to keep their positive and negative emotions and positive and negative biases under control at ALL times, in spite of wanton provocation, there are individual instances where their training breaks down. Statistically about 51 of the more than 21,000 RCMP officers across Canada disgraced their uniforms in some way last year ... from minor to major. That works out to about 1 officer in just over each 400 wearing the uniform. Not perfection, but far from any evidence of the blanket condemnation that is heard now and again from equally errant civilians.

That discipline and punishment is required (and given) in each instance goes without saying. Although incidents of wrongdoing are very few, percentage wise, it is proof that anyone who says "no police officer would ever do that" is on shaky ground.

Return to “B.C.”