BC terrorism plot - entrapment?

SurplusElect
Übergod

BC terrorism plot - entrapment?

Post by SurplusElect »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... urrey.html

We all know that the RCMP were "along for the ride" with these clowns the entire time. The accused terrorists never had actual explosives and they couldn't have ever got them without the RCMP's help.

Now the landlord is saying these guys were a step above soft butter in terms of intelligence. The pictures of the house - disgusting.

(Unsubstantiated allegations removed - fluffy)

If I was "dumb enough" and standing at the bus stop one day, loudly complaining about "the government" and the RCMP got wind of it...and set me up "meet a new friend" who suggested that I do something about my anger...and then sold me a "explosive football" to be used in a terrorist bombing, that they suggested I carry out...am I a terrorist or a dumb man that cant say no to peoples suggestions with a nerf football in my hand?

Anyways- the repeated media talking point - that "we are safe now" because of the arrest is ludicrous. These people couldn't tie their shoes without the RCMP's help. Seems like a PR stunt almost.
Last edited by SurplusElect on Jul 3rd, 2013, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saynoto

Re: BC terrorism plot - entrapment?

Post by saynoto »

(personal attack removed - fluffy)
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

That may be the case, but what about entrapment?

In criminal law, entrapment is conduct by a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit

These "terrorists" - could they have carried this out without the RCMP's "help"?

As it stands, the answer is no.

The sad thing is - the real terrorists - can never be "infiltrated". Single, loner types - supported by FAMILY members who do not deal with outsiders. So the RCMP will bust "dumb wanna-be's that couldn't hurt a fly" and keep the public calm...until the real terrorists pull one off that is.

If we want to fight terrorism, let's look at our foreign policies. Terror exists in peoples minds, you can't kill a idea.
Last edited by SurplusElect on Jul 3rd, 2013, 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
saynoto

Post by saynoto »

SurplusElect wrote:
These "terrorists" - could they have carried this out without the RCMP's "help"?

As it stands, the answer is no.

The article says she was a gifted student. I don't think there near enough info to make any kind of conclusion like you have.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

....yeah that apartment looks like the residence of a "gifted student"...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

"gifted" doesn't mean "neat".
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
saynoto

Post by saynoto »

Board Moderation: Moderators are here to ensure that the rules are followed. When necessary, inappropriate posts are edited or deleted. Do not make a public challenge on a moderator decision. As a courtesy, we are usually willing to explain a ruling, however this will only be done privately. Please contact us by PM or email [email protected]
*post edited*/ferri
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Oh boy here we go.

Could these people have carried this out without the RCMP's help?

Stick to that.

This is not *just* about "are messy people dumb"?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

SurplusElect wrote:Could these people have carried this out without the RCMP's help?
The rest of your post didn't make sense but of course, people have done this elsewhere in the world without the RCMP's help.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

saynoto wrote:We can't say negative things against people charged with terrorism?

Please take a moment to review the Castanet Forum Rules that appear at the top of the index page for each forum on this site - fluffy
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

SurplusElect wrote: We all know that the RCMP were "along for the ride" with these clowns the entire time. The accused terrorists never had actual explosives and they couldn't have ever got them without the RCMP's help.

Really? And you know this how? When sicko's like this go as far as the pressure cookers and shrapnel, I wouldn't assume they wouldn't follow thru. While it may be difficult to build a sophisticated device, a pressure cooker packed with nails and gunpowder emptied from a few boxes of shotgun shells has plenty of potential to seriously main or kill a large number of people. How difficult do you think it is to obtain shotgun shells? What I actually find disgusting is your apparent support for these clearly disturbed people and at the very least, dismissing them as harmless.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

twobits wrote:Really? And you know this how?

...the police said so.

The public was never at risk, as per the RCMP. The "terrorists" only dealt with the RCMP...and now looks to be they couldn't even tie their shoelaces without assistance.

If it was "as easy as emptying shotgun shells into pressure cookers" - why did they buy fake explosives from the RCMP and not just do it "the easy way" - the way that doesn't involve other people knowing what they are doing?

I do not support terrorism (ridiculous) - but I do not support the RCMP entrapping gullible/dumb people into thinking they are holding a explosive football, and the RCMP telling the public that they SAVED THE DAY. False hope.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

SurplusElect wrote:...the police said so.

The public was never at risk, as per the RCMP. They "terrorists" only dealt with the RCMP...and now looks to be they couldn't even tie their shoelaces without assistance.

If it was "as easy as emptying shotgun shells into pressure cookers" - why did they buy fake explosives from the RCMP and not just do it "the easy way" - the way that doesn't involve other people knowing what they are doing?

Where's the link? I've read nothing that supports your claims.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

I was watching the CBC coverage of this story yesterday, and they spent more time on quoting kooks from the CBC website crying about "privacy" and "RCMP entrapment" then about the actual story itself. It was ridiculous. One person they interviewed made sense - he said "If the government wants to read my emails and that helps them stop a bombing, they can go ahead, I have nothing to hide". Exactly. It's amazing to me how people can dwell on the RCMP in this story and not just commend them for stopping the bombing, and go about their day. It's like complaining, crying and conspiracy are the first gut reaction of every whining cry baby these days.
Not afraid to say "It".
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Fancy wrote:Where's the link? I've read nothing that supports your claims.

This has been the top Canadian news story for 2 days. You don't need links.

Return to “B.C.”