BC terrorism plot - entrapment?

Atomoa
Guru

Re: BC terrorism plot - entrapment?

Post by Atomoa »

FreeRights wrote:The Soviet Union, for many years after World War II, had an expansionist foreign policy to fund and encourage Communist Parties in many other countries to revolt and overturn governments.

So did the US, to the same degree if not worse. The US and Soviets were fighting each other to rule the world on their own terms. The 2 bullies of the world fighting for control to be the big bully. We all just grew up under a propagandist yoke of "The US is fighting for the freedom of the world..." but their rule is on their specific and express terms, it is not globally and democratically inclusive. Get in their way and be crushed just like the people who opposed the Soviets and their interests.

Anyways, what about AIDS and Killer Bee's and all the thousands of other "fear this group" examples historically? So you disagree with me about Communism - there are a thousand other vectors. You cannot invalidate them all.

Terrorism and the fear of it. It's political ammo. Its political grease. You have a greater chance of winning the lotto than being killed by a competent terrorist - let alone John Nuttalls Manure Missiles.

I also find it amusing that earlier in this thread you criticized the RCMP for wasting taxpayers money by conducting this operation for fix months. Now you're asking why they didn't let it go on longer than that.

I don't know where you are getting that from. I have stated multiple times that the minute the RCMP got wind of some Surrey methadone program kid rambling on, they should have investigated and intervened immediately. He had no means or capability or any weapons of his own - even the RCMP officer admits to this in court. Getting him into a program and intervening wouldn't have cost 15 million dollars.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

you sure love fiction.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Talk about fear mongering, what about someone who constantly babbles on about how our government is trying to control us, fix an election by controlling the police and legal system, controling the media, reads all our emails, etc. etc. Is that fear mongering, BS, or a bad mixture of both.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

"dribbles / babbles / horse crap"

I can respect everyone elses opinions, but apparently I do not deserve that same level of respect.

- Buckminster Fuller
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Atomoa wrote:I can respect everyone elses opinions, but apparently I do not deserve that same level of respect.

If you had backed up your opinions in some reasonable manner, I trust others' response to it would be wildly different.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Puddlejumper40
Board Meister

Post by Puddlejumper40 »

Even if you do consider this entrapment, these are not the type of people who you want walking around with these types of thoughts going through their mind.

I can see it being a waste of time and resources if the police were out to "entrap" jaywalkers and other low risk offenders. These people wanted to KILL people. Give them everything they need, and see what they do! Who's to say they wouldn't have found out how to make a cheap bomb on their own and really hurt some people. Better they are off the streets before they hurt someone YOU love...
Yours truly,

JollyJumper40 :)
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Oh so true Puddlejumper 40.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Puddlejumper40 wrote:These people wanted to KILL people. Give them everything they need, and see what they do!

Does this hold true for people who verbally threaten their wives with violence?

Befriend them, buy them a bottle of whiskey, a knife and whisper into buddies ear how "you heard she was cheating"?

- Buckminster Fuller
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Atomoa ...

Different circumstances, different time, different place.

Each situation has to be judged on its own merits. That is the main reason that most people require evidence before reaching a conclusion. You are apparently an exception to that way of thinking.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

she loves fiction
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Donald G wrote:Different circumstances, different time, different place.

The likelihood of a known abuser killing their spouse vs. the chances of you being killed by a poop missile.

If we put 240 police officers and 15 million dollars into stinging known and capable abusers, we'd actually save lives.

- Buckminster Fuller
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Glad to see atomoa that you actually do agree we should be stopping potentially dangerous people before they act. Hopefully they are successful they are successful in the are we are discussing.

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Atomoa ...

A bit off topic, but your figures regarding preventing personal injuries and death from domestic violence are a mile away from reality. I have to conclude that you know little or nothing about the cost or effectiveness of police services.

Start by adding about $30,000,000.00 just to put an additional 240 cops on the street. Since there are already about 21,000 RCMP officers across Canada dealing with domestic violence on a priority basis your comment is, WADR, complete nonsense.

I wonder how many deaths, if any, that the police involved in this potential terrorist situation prevented ??

None or 100 ?? We will never know, will we.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Atomoa wrote:Does this hold true for people who verbally threaten their wives with violence?

Befriend them, buy them a bottle of whiskey, a knife and whisper into buddies ear how "you heard she was cheating"?

Those who verbally threaten do so, verbally.

These two actually placed explosives believing that it was going to kill a bunch of people.

I would argue that one is not the same as the other.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

FreeRights wrote:Those who verbally threaten do so, verbally. These two actually placed explosives believing that it was going to kill a bunch of people. I would argue that one is not the same as the other.

A man beats his wife and threatens to kill her. The police come. He gets arrested and then released. The woman takes him back.

Nuttall and his girlfriend only flapped their gums about crazy things. They only spoke crazy things and the RCMP admitted they had no means on their own. Before the RCMP showed up the plan was to build poop missiles for a year. "They" didnt place any explosives. The RCMP directed and enabled Nuttall to place fake explosives in pressure cookers under their timeframe and steered him away from spending a year building poop missiles and attacking fake submarine bases.

The RCMP told him that they had sharpshooters in Victoria on rooftops to "cover him" because Nuttall was too afraid to go through with it.

15 million dollars. 6 months. 240 officers. The wifebeater is a known threat. Why not string the wifebeater? Bug the house and sit and wait for "the big fight".

Given the actual "threat" that terrorism poses to Canadians (none) when compared to all the known areas of danger and death that Canadians face every day (car accidents lol) directing that amount of police resources in this Nuttall case is shameful.

- Buckminster Fuller

Return to “B.C.”