BC terrorism plot - entrapment?

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC terrorism plot - entrapment?

Post by Donald G »

Correct me if I am wrong but at the moment there is no evidence whatever to suggest that CSIS or the RCMP did or said anything that could be construed as entrapment. The word of a defense lawyer, in my opinion, can be rated four steps below that of a self declared "Oracle from Delphi" regarding the eventual proven validity of their statements.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Correct me if I am wrong but at the moment there is no evidence whatever to suggest that CSIS or the RCMP did or said anything that could be construed as entrapment. The word of a defense lawyer, in my opinion, can be rated four steps below that of a self declared "Oracle from Delphi" regarding the eventual proven validity of their statements

the cops said there was never any danger , so im taking that to believe they were guiding the accused
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To lakevixen ...

"Guiding" the accused suggests playing an active rile in the plan. I would suggest the words accompanying or following would be far more accurate of the role played by the police or CSIS in such scenarios.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

There is no actual connection between Al Qaeda and the accused as the news articles state. Doubtful these poverty stricken methadone addicts had a working internet connection let alone had deep geopolitical+religious understanding and violent anger resulting from it. If the public was never at risk and there is no connection outside Canada, the accused was mentally ill and had a child-like brain, exactly where did these terrorist ideas and help come from?
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Atomoa ...

Where is it written that a terrorist act must in any way be linked to Al Qaeda?

You make a number of similar findings that seem to be your unfounded opinion or theories rather than fact.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

The news and police say it was Al Qaeda inspired (whatever that means) and the pressure cooker bombs they made came from a Al Qaeda handbook just like the boston bombers who were Al Qaeda associated. That would be why I am talking about Al Qaeda and not some other means of terrorism. If they had no connection to Al Qaeda as they news and police say then where did they get the ideas from since the mental and money status of the accused is questionable.

- Buckminster Fuller
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Alomon ...

Al Queda and other extremist groups publish all kinds of material encouraging people to kill the millions upon millions of 'infidels' across the world (including in Canada) and providing them with information on how to build and use lethal devices, including shrapnel bombs made out of pressure cookers.

A person does not have to be in touch with Al Queda to fall prey to their religious diatribe ... especially if you are governed by emotion, rather than intellect, as are many people with mental conditions or diseases.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Donald G wrote:especially if you are governed by emotion, rather than intellect, as are many people with mental conditions or diseases.

Round trip youve gone from invalidating the claims of metal illness because lawyers want to get rich to now using metal illness as reason/condition of terrorism. As I said some people seem to want these people to be terrorists very badly. The RCMP are quite clear there is no international connection and the pressure cooker bombs are signature Al Qaeda weapons apparently (boston bomb news story they were in Al Qaeda magazine ) So if poor mental ill+addicted people came up with this on their own that would be quite a coincidence. JUst my opinion.

- Buckminster Fuller
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Atomoa ...

You have apparently made your own interpretation of what you, for reasons of your own, wanted to believe I had said. Please take off your 'lawyer' hat and go back and read what I actually wrote, rather than what you evidently wanted to see.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Atomoa wrote:
Round trip youve gone from invalidating the claims of metal illness because lawyers want to get rich to now using metal illness as reason/condition of terrorism. As I said some people seem to want these people to be terrorists very badly. The RCMP are quite clear there is no international connection and the pressure cooker bombs are signature Al Qaeda weapons apparently (boston bomb news story they were in Al Qaeda magazine ) So if poor mental ill+addicted people came up with this on their own that would be quite a coincidence. JUst my opinion.

Pressure cooker bombs aren't a signature weapon for al-Qaeda; rather, after the Boston bombing, its not like these two just "thought it up."

I would suggest (and I have read news reports that suggest) that one or both suspects can easily be impacted by people and events. Its extremely realistic to argue that they were impacted by the Boston bombing and attempted to carry out one of their own.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Charles Whitman II
Board Meister

Post by Charles Whitman II »

All this back and forth is now moot. He most likely will never see a trial because he has been "certified" and is now in a "hospital" receiving "treatment"
"If you're going to be crazy, find a way to get paid for it, or they're gonna lock you up." - HST
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

- Buckminster Fuller
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

(off-topic comment removed - fluffy)
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I don't know after hearing Johns mother today, I'm convinced he wouldn't hurt any innocent persons! Wow, shes a piece of work. Needs to go back on her medication..
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Thank God this trial is going ahead during an election year. Harper isn't running against the Liberals and NDP, by the way. He's running against a boogeyman in the form of Muslims. They're everywhere and their mosques are hotbeds of radical terrorism. We need to unite behind Harper and isolate this foreign religion. They are the perfect "other" to run against in an election and avoid all issues.

Return to “B.C.”