CTV cameraman suing police sgt

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: CTV cameraman suing police sgt

Post by Donald G »

To KL-3 something ...

You have to realize that the police brutality the usual string of cop critics is referring to is deep within their own heads. At no time can you infer that what they say is not completely true, because the evidence to support every one of their claims can not be seen by other far more objective citizens.

Just like in science you have bodies called matter and antimatter; in the real world there are bodies called cops and anticops. And in both cases the evidence to prove on is visible and the evidence to prove the other is invisible.
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

I can't wait for the day when 'THE PEOPLE" rise up to this "police state" and start to lay the "GOOD BOOTS" to these guys...lets video some of those beatings and see them change there tune!..People power not pig power!!!
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Stargazer wrote:I can't wait for the day when 'THE PEOPLE" rise up to this "police state" and start to lay the "GOOD BOOTS" to these guys...lets video some of those beatings and see them change there tune!..People power not pig power!!!

LOL
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Stargazer ...

That would be a classic case of seeing antimatter that is invisible to other more discerning people.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Stargazer wrote:I can't wait for the day when 'THE PEOPLE" rise up to this "police state" and start to lay the "GOOD BOOTS" to these guys...lets video some of those beatings and see them change there tune!..People power not pig power!!!

I'll bet you have a VW van with flowers painted on it.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

twobits wrote:I'll bet you have a VW van with flowers painted on it.

Nah. If that was the case the post would have been something more along the lines of "Why can't we all just get along, man?".

I'm thinking more like a '92 Mazda 323 with a trunk that has a black bandana, a few empty glass bottles and some rags "just in case" driven by someone who has no intention of re-paying their student loans.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

This is taking on a personal tone, back on topic please - fluffy
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

The video doesn't show enough, but if a cop is going to risk bouncing someone's head off the pavement, it better be for a good reason.

Someone being drunk, stupid, and slightly uncooperative is not a good enough reason to potentially permanently maim someone for life.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

More often than not a person who gets injured plays a significant role in initiating the sequence of events that lead to their being injured ... especially where being drunk and stupid is identified as an element of the scenario.

Unfortunately the video does not show enough of the 'take down' and reason for the take down to determine exactly what happened.
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

On second review of the video, the polices actions look excessive. It appears the victim, was compliant, but turns to say something to someone, then it appears the officer out of frustration throws the victim to the ground hard.

I understand police work is a hard, often unrewarding, job, but that's why it takes a special individual with an unusual amount of patience to be a good police officer.

Officers easily frustrated should not be kept on the force. Policemen should be held to a higher standard then your average citizen.

And I'll end this post with a cheesy quote... "With great power, comes great responsibility" :)
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

Here's the clip of the incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKzrf3ER1W8
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

diggerdick
Board Meister

Post by diggerdick »

he was looking for the slightest excess to EXPLODE in a violent rage.
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

More often than not a person who gets injured plays a significant role in initiating the sequence of events that lead to their being injured

(off-topic comment removed - fluffy)

as far as this incident is concerned , if there was wrong doing on the cops part, he should see a day in court, if not then it is what it is i guess
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To lakevixen ...

(off-topic comment removed - fluffy)

As far as finding out the facts before reaching any conclusions regarding the cop and the cameraman; congratulations on demonstrating what I believe to be a valued Canadian approach to such situations.

Return to “B.C.”