Provincial Marijuana Laws & Sensible BC

cindy2220

Provincial Marijuana Laws & Sensible BC

Post by cindy2220 »

This is the thread for discussion of provincial marijuana laws and provincial politician's stances on marijuana laws. This includes the Sensible BC campaign. Please keep posts on Justin Trudeau or other federally related marijuana posts to the thread in Canada found here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=52592&p=1513865#p1513865

I'm here to hear your concerns. Positive or negative. We need support in this area, we are also looking for people who volunteered on the stop the hst campaign to help us as we move into the next phase with elections BC.Please visit our website at hppt://sensiblebc.ca
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Re: Sensible BC (marijuana referendum)

Post by Nebula »

Is there some kind of correlation between anti-HST people and pro-pot people?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Nebula wrote:Is there some kind of correlation between anti-HST people and pro-pot people?

Because they were doing the volunteer canvassing to get 10% in each riding and sensiblebc is hoping those same type of people will get involved again with this referendum. Sensiblebc is using the hst referendum as an example in what they're trying to accomplish with this one. Good on them, I'm registered.
cindy2220

Post by cindy2220 »

The referendum process is what the two campaigns have in common. There are specific rules to follow to force a referendum. You can find all the details at the Elections BC website
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

SensibleBC.ca Campaign to Legalize Pot

Post by Treblehook »

Got a call today from a 1-866 toll free number, soliciting my support for this campaign to decriminalize or legalize marihuana in BC. I had a look at their very professionally created website, and quickly realized that these people from Sensiblebc.ca have a thriving industry going here. My question is a simple one. Who is paying for all of this. Is this group getting any funding from our tax dollars? I mean, they are running all kinds of ads and tv spots; traveling to spread the word and have offices set up right across the province. That takes money, and I would be interested in knowing where it is coming from. Who is paying for this... all of us?
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Re: SensibleBC.ca Campaign to Legalize Pot

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Google is your friend ..

It costs money to make change happen. We need your help to pay for flyers, postage, travel, advertising and community events! We can gratefully accept donations from anyone in Canada or around the world.

Sensible BC is a non-profit society. We are not a charity, so donations are not tax-deductible. We do not offer tax receipts.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:Google is your friend ..

It costs money to make change happen. We need your help to pay for flyers, postage, travel, advertising and community events! We can gratefully accept donations from anyone in Canada or around the world.

Sensible BC is a non-profit society. We are not a charity, so donations are not tax-deductible. We do not offer tax receipts.

Is there some reason you have not answered the question I asked? Once again...is this "non-profit" society receiving any funding from our tax dollars? That would include any funding or grants from Municipal, Provincial or Federal coffers? If you don't know the answer, that's okay. I am sure I can find it through some other sources... I just thought someone would know. While we are at it... do you know if there are any persons working with or for SensibleBC who are being paid for their services?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Judging by all the content of the ads blanketing my Facebook feed, I'd say they're likely getting a lot of support/funding from the NDP.
Last edited by Glacier on Jul 31st, 2013, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

I have never heard of Sensible B.C. before.
If you go to their website you might get the answers you are seeking. You could always phone them.

ETA .. I found this

#4 – Donating funds. We’re working to keep costs down and get the most out of every dollar we spend, but a campaign like this costs a lot of money. We’re hoping to raise a million dollars, and so far we’re about a quarter of the way there.

Also, lottery winner Bob Erb is currently matching all the donations we receive, so your contribution will be doubled as long as you make it soon!

call our office at 604-343-4684.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Another question that comes to mind is the status of Sensible BC when it comes to making telemarketing type phone calls. Are organizations such as this permitted to make these robo calls to phone numbers that have been registered with the Do Not Call registry?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Another question that comes to mind is the status of Sensible BC when it comes to making telemarketing type phone calls. Are organizations such as this permitted to make these robo calls to phone numbers that have been registered with the Do Not Call registry?

who cares? dig into how much money a political party spends of taxpayers money on same things you complaining about here

DONATE NOW

The Sensible BC campaign needs your help!

Sensible BC is a non-profit society. We are not a charity, so donations are not tax-deductible. We do not offer tax receipts

http://sensiblebc.ca/donate/
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Treblehook wrote:Another question that comes to mind is the status of Sensible BC when it comes to making telemarketing type phone calls. Are organizations such as this permitted to make these robo calls to phone numbers that have been registered with the Do Not Call registry?

Only if they're a Canadian registered charity (they're not, they state as much on their donation page), a political party, a market research firm, or if you've either done business with them in the last 6 months or you've asked them to call.

In short (assuming you haven't asked them to call) - No.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Obviously I care [Lakevixen] else I wouldn't have brought up the topic in the first place. I realize that our various political parties spend lots of money on lots of issues. My point, as anyone with a modicum of intelligence would readily understand, was to question whether this group was using tax dollars to fund their activities. The point was not to either express support or otherwise of the movement to decriminalize pot. If you can get past that, maybe you could give some thought to the appropriateness of tax dollars being expended in this way [if they are.. which again was my question].
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Treblehook wrote:Obviously I care [Lakevixen] else I wouldn't have brought up the topic in the first place. I realize that our various political parties spend lots of money on lots of issues. My point, as anyone with a modicum of intelligence would readily understand, was to question whether this group was using tax dollars to fund their activities.

From what I read on their site, it appears they operate entirely off private donations.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

From what I read on their site, it appears they operate entirely off private donations.

treble knows that , but yea a guy in terrace is matching all prvt donations dollar for dollar

Return to “B.C.”