Vancity Local with Ruman Kang

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Vancity Local with Ruman Kang

Post by fluffy »

I've really been enjoying this column as wandering formerly unexplored neighbourhoods is a favorite pastime when I make it down to the big city. This column reminds us all that there is much more to Vancouver than Gastown and Stanley Park for anyone with a bit of wanderlust or a shopping bug. What I not is that a lot of formerly "fringe" neighbourhoods not widely recognized as tourist draws are coming into their own these days. Ms. Kang's latest column on "The Drive", the lower stretch of Commercial Drive north of the Broadway/12th Ave corridor is a perfect example. It's following the trend set by the likes of Kitsilano and Yaletown in that former "hippie" strongholds are becoming unique collections of boutiquey shops and restaurants, but it's cool that it's still relatively early in this transition, retaining a lot of its former flavour. I've no doubt that it will eventually fall prey to more upscale operations but for the moment it is a rare treat.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
omisimaw
Guru

Re: Vancity Local with Ruman Kang

Post by omisimaw »

Is there a link you can post to these articles???
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Considering how infrequently we wander around in Vancouver I don't find the column very useful and was wondering why Castanet even carried it. Maybe you should add a poll.
Glad someone does though.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Thanks GF and BSuds this seems to explain what is going on
About the Author

A born and raised Kelowna girl that lives in Vancouver. Ruman is an avid blogger, fitness enthusiast, news junkie, bookworm, unpaid product tester and wannabe food network star. She loves Vancouver and thinks you should too, and that's why she is sharing all of its best kept secrets with the Okanagan.

You can read more of Ruman's thoughts on her website and follow her on twitter @rumankang.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar

Return to “B.C.”