Strange Sounds in Terrace BC

zzontar
Guru

Re: Strange Sounds in Terrace BC

Post by zzontar »

logicalview wrote:
Other than a grader on pavement, seen by an actual eyewitness.

It has to be aliens. That's the only plausible theory for all of these "strange" noises heard by all of these credible sources. This still reminds me of a top ten list that Letterman did a few years ago: "Top Ten Newspaper Headlines You'll Never See" - one of them was "UFO seen by smart guy in Big City".

Hmmmmm, so you didn't read the post where I thought there was a plausible explanation which had nothing to do with UFO's... of all the videos posted above, only one has a witness who also claimed there was no wind... Letterman thinks a smart person would never see a UFO... wow, you're case is really building momentum!
They say you can't believe everything they say.
vancity604
Fledgling

Post by vancity604 »

It's fake guys, it's been proven and said many times. All the videos from Russia and others countries have the same recorded sound clip with birds chirping and dogs barking...people are so easily fooled.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

Yup, proven over and over. LOL

Without a doubt some are probably copied and faked. Certainly not all. Maybe you should listen to more recordings or better yet call the media outlets and law enforcement agencies around the planet that received so many calls from witnesses. Save yourself some money and just call the Canadian ones.
Strange times are these in which we live
 when old and young are taught in falsehoods school. 
And the one man that dares to tell the truth 
is called at once a lunatic and fool 

-- Plato. 

logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

zzontar wrote:... wow, you're case is really building momentum!

as opposed to yours....which is....?
Not afraid to say "It".
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

lakevixen wrote:the northern lights make a noise

I like your response lakevixen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These sounds seem to be authentic, I do not think it is a majority that create a hoax.

Maybe there is a massive underground project taking place globally, digging more tunnels?

Anyone's guess is as good as the next.

I am pretty darn sure that SOMEONE knows EXACTLY what these noises are, and like most everything else, we will all be the last to know.

Mystery is a Hoax in and of itself.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Did you hear it?
Published: August 30, 2013 3:00 PM
Updated: August 30, 2013 4:07 PM

Two professors from the University of British Columbia say it’s unlikely the loud scraping sounds heard around Terrace on the morning of August 29 have their origin in the sky or the bowels of the earth.

Rumours began to swirl after clips were posted online that the source of the screeching noises heard on both sides of town was solar flares in the atmosphere, or the shifting of tectonic plates.

People compared the noises to a moose call, scraping metal, angels and whale song.

UBC professor of astrophysics Brett Gladman pointed out that the sound was something like the noise northern lights can make, but that anything coming from the atmosphere “would not have been confined to only a few kilometres.”

Nor, said Gladman, is the sound an asteroid or thermal burst like the one that shattered hundreds of windows in Russia this winter.

“The fact that it’s an extended sound rules that out,” said Gladman. “I would favour a more geological and not an astronomical explanation as a better road to the truth.”

Director of geological engineering at UBC, Erik Eberhardt, doesn’t think it would be anything such as the scraping of tectonic plates as some pseudoscientists have hazarded to guess online.

“For it to scrape enough at depth for people to hear it would have to generate a lot of movement. People would have felt it before they heard it,” said Eberhardt, adding that he thought the sound seemed more metallic than ‘rock on rock,’ and ruled out the sliding of glaciers.

“Maybe it’s somebody playing around with a horn,” he said.

Reports of similar noises have come from various locations around Canada and the rest of the world, and were heard before this past June in Terrace, though the sounds were less intensely loud as those described this time by witnesses.

http://www.terracestandard.com/news/221862601.html

Wookey

Post by Wookey »

This is not a copy or a fake/hoax. I took 3 of the videos posted on YouTube. These sounds were heard again on Sept. 8th 2013 at approx 6:30am.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Wookey wrote:This is not a copy or a fake/hoax. I took 3 of the videos posted on YouTube. These sounds were heard again on Sept. 8th 2013 at approx 6:30am.

Whatever happened with the proposed attempt to "recreate" the sounds with the grader ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Wookey

Post by Wookey »

Whatever happened with the proposed attempt to "recreate" the sounds with the grader ?[/quote]

The City will not respond to me. Others from Terrace and around the world have emailed and called them and were given the excuse that they City of Terrace does not have the time nor money to try to re-create. Funny thing is the next week after I shot these clips the City paved a hill even closer to my house and had their grader out working again. They wont re-create because they know they cannot. I have contacted the Caterpillar company and they sent the video off to their grader experts and I was told by them (can view the post on my FB) that it could not have been a grader blade being straightened.
Wookey

Post by Wookey »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raKBiPeuVkY

This video has all 3 clips I took that morning combined into one.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol that was definatly loud ,
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Train with stuck wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvfC2WHV_LE

In my opinion...that is the culprit.
No fairies, angels, or demons needed.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Anyone who has spent much time in Terrace will find it easy to understand why noises not heard elsewhere in the world are so easily heard by a few of the people who have spent one too many winters in beautiful downtown Terrace. British Columbia. When the Northern Lights change colors there is a corresponding change in wavelength. The bashing into each other by the constantly changing wavelengths (colors) activates the rheostat variable located beside the north entrance at the hockey arena, which in turn causes a burrrrringing sound to be emitted by the similar colors to be found on the surface of the ice in the nearby arena. The secret is closely guarded by the town fathers who have let a bit of the long guarded secret out in the hope of increasing tourism.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

In downtown Kelowna there is some work being done, and once a couple of weeks ago, and then again today, I heard sounds that reminded me of the video. I'm now willing to believe its not some kind of hoax but that it just might be heavy equipment.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Return to “B.C.”