Strange Sounds in Terrace BC

logicalview
Guru

Re: Strange Sounds in Terrace BC

Post by logicalview »

One worker at the Sportsplex says there is a simple explanation for the sound, and he says he saw it with his own eyes.

“We heard this sound, it sounded to me like someone dragging a dumpster across the pavement,” The worker says. “So, we came around the building to have a look and see exactly what it was, and there was a grader grading the pavement. Now, there’s no wind, it’s like every morning it’s just still and quiet, and the sound just carried through the valley”

LOL! Mysterious sounds indeed.
Not afraid to say "It".
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Why was he grading the pavement? More likely it was Steven Lloyd venting after reading some the crazy stuff posted on Castanet. It could have also been Sasquatch.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

If you do any kind of online search it brings up flock of ufo bloggers and such, it sure has that community simmering. Funny how much what people let what they want to believe affect what they do believe, even those who latch on to the first "reasonable" explanation as gospel even in the absence of any official release.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

fluffy wrote:when something like this comes along, where the odds are so astronomically huge against just such an event, just as it's easy to write it off as a coincidence, but in truth the answer is still out there in "can't say for sure one way or the other" territory. I think it's kind of cool that little things like this keep cropping up to keep the mystery alive.

fluffy wrote:There is also the thought that a world full of mystery and wonder is more fun to be in.

fluffy wrote:From some of the discussions I've seen in here I'd say the hard-liners from both camps are cut from the same cloth. Both want to claim absolute knowledge over areas still cloaked in mystery.

fluffy wrote:No conclusive proof, no absolute truth. Yet.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
WTTG

Post by WTTG »

logicalview wrote:

One worker at the Sportsplex says there is a simple explanation for the sound, and he says he saw it with his own eyes.

“We heard this sound, it sounded to me like someone dragging a dumpster across the pavement,” The worker says. “So, we came around the building to have a look and see exactly what it was, and there was a grader grading the pavement. Now, there’s no wind, it’s like every morning it’s just still and quiet, and the sound just carried through the valley

logicalview wrote:LOL! Mysterious sounds indeed.

But in both the videos, I see wind in the trees and hear what sounds like wind in the background.

Also, as in the OP:

http://www.cftktv.com/News/story.aspx?ID=2033010

Strange Sounds Heard All Over Terrace This Morning

Explanations range from electromagnetic storm to the second coming

John Crawford

8/29/2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it an elabourate prank? Was it the sound of aliens? Was it the second coming?

Those were some of the suggestions heard today, as many Terrace residents awoke to a rather unearthly sound, which was heard in many parts of the city at around 7:30 this morning.

The sound lasted for roughly 10 minutes -- and was recorded by many people.

This recording was submitted to us by Kimberly Wookey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHi6LjKuNl4

Similar sounds have been reported all over the world in recent years -- including Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Various explainations have been offered as to what might be causing the sounds.

A physics professor at the University of Saskatchewan theorized that it's likely electromagnetic noise emitted from auroras and radiation belts.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The videographers both had their cameras pointed skyward as thought they were waiting for a sighting of the mother ship.

I kind of expected to see something break through the clouds myself.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Glacier wrote: More likely it was Steven Lloyd venting after reading some the crazy stuff posted on Castanet.

LOLOL Pretty bizarre stuff, but no – not me venting. More likely caused by chemtrails ;o)

The crazy stuff on Castanet either makes me laugh or just shake my head. I never get too worked up about the foolish stuff stupid people say or post. Besides, stupid people help keep me employed. I must have been showering when it happened because I missed hearing the noise. Listening to the youtube videos it was apparently quite loud and I don’t for a second buy the grader on the pavement explanation. This link refers to a video already posted and also refers to some related phenomena. Interesting stuff for sure – but I think I'll be keeping my tee times for the weekend.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... ounds.html
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/08/30/bc-terrace-sounds.html

(Same link as Steven's)

Check out the comments, some funny stuff in there.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

They were supposed to try do duplicate the sound with a blade this afternoon. It would be interesting to hear the results.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

steven lloyd wrote:LOLOL Pretty bizarre stuff, but no – not me venting. More likely caused by chemtrails ;o)

The crazy stuff on Castanet either makes me laugh or just shake my head. I never get too worked up about the foolish stuff stupid people say or post.

I heard rumor it was the Castanet smilies tunneling , trying to surface and escape.
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I can't find any news articles saying they were able to duplicate the sound. Not surprising at all as it sounds similar to noises heard around the world which also couldn't be duplicated. Must be a weather balloon!
They say you can't believe everything they say.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

zzontar wrote: Must be a weather balloon!

... drifting through chemtrails ;o)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Probably the CTr's whining that no one believes them!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

Yes, strange sounds indeed.

That same sound has also been heard in other parts of Canada, Australia, the USA, Central America, South America, Europe and Russia.

The scientific community can't seem to agree on the source, as their explanations range from powerful solar flares destabilizing the magnetosphere, ionosphere and upper atmosphere to natural radio transmissions from the earth itself to electromagnetic noise emitted from auroras and radiation belts.
Strange times are these in which we live
 when old and young are taught in falsehoods school. 
And the one man that dares to tell the truth 
is called at once a lunatic and fool 

-- Plato. 

Return to “B.C.”