Massive arsenal of guns, ammunition seized

coffeeFreak
Guru

Massive arsenal of guns, ammunition seized

Post by coffeeFreak »

Well this puts a new spin on running a home-based business:

Massive arsenal of guns, ammunition seized in B.C.
Tatla Lake, B.C., man had 183 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition
CBC News Posted: Aug 29, 2013 12:01 PM PT Last Updated: Aug 29, 2013 3:20 PM PT

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/08/29/bc-weapons-guns-ammunition-seized.html
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Massive arsenal of guns, ammunition seized

Post by bob vernon »

The CBC story states that Tatla Lake is in northern BC. It's not. It's in the southern half of the province. Maybe even the southern third.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Very strange remote location to be running an arms business from. Wonder if he had his own private airstrip there. Glacier may know ...
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I'm so jealous.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I bid $ 10.000 for the whole works.
Black Dogs Matter
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The police come through again. I wonder how many people have been injured or killed over the years by firearms and ammunition sold from this illegal home business?

I also wonder how many injuries and deaths were prevented by the seizure of the weapons before they could be sold?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I'd like to know what the rest of the story is. This isn't exactly downtown anywhere - its the middle of nowhere.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Gerald is allowed to sell, and is also a collector himself. There are no gangs in the community of about 100 people, and most of the people are over the age of 60. The article itself is alarmist no so many ways it isn't funny. Oooooo, the guns are powerful enough to shoot through doors. Talk about media hype. Even a .22 will do that.

"Officers must now figure out where the guns came from, and how they got into Canada" followed by...

"Police said almost all the weapons the man had were legal in Canada"

Say what? More hype.

"weapons including AR-type rifles, SKS semi-automatic rifles and handguns."

In other words, a rim fired .22 that has plastic hardware on it that resembles an AR is brought up for more hype. SKS semi-automatic rifles are 60 years old, and can be purchased by the crate load by anyone with a PAL. Nothing unusual about that. Handguns are also legal when you have a restricted license. More hype.

"'Many of these guns are capable of firing rounds that could pass through vehicles, doors, walls and even body armor. That is an unacceptable risk to the public and the police,' said Houghton." LOL, like I said ANY hunting rifle can do this. Body armor only stops handguns and shotguns. More hype.

I could go on, but I will stop here.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

Apparently no laws broken, no criminal record, just RCMP guessing he's selling to people without a PAL or RPAL. What a joke this CBC story is, this is just guy running a small gun shop from his home. This guy will probably get a fine for running a business without a licence, lets see if the CBC blows that way out of proportion too, or even reports it at all.
Fear mongering is all this "story" is, the person responsible should lose his job.
"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
Edward R Murrow
Now a proud member of the NRA & Canadian Sport Shooting Association.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Donald G wrote: I wonder how many people have been injured or killed over the years by firearms and ammunition sold from this illegal home business?

None.

Donald G wrote:I also wonder how many injuries and deaths were prevented by the seizure of the weapons before they could be sold?

None.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

You can't be 100% sure of that but it still appears the story has been sensationalized a wee bit.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Bsuds wrote:You can't be 100% sure of that but it still appears the story has been sensationalized a wee bit.

I'm 100% sure of that.

No one is killed by a firearm or ammunition. People are killed by people, not by firearms or ammunition.

Removing a firearm from circulation saves no one's life. If someone wants to kill a person, they will simply acquire a knife or gun or baseball bat or rat poison from a different source.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

That's not true. You can kill many more people shooting a firearm than you can with a knife or a bat.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

If we put aside dumb arguments around "guns are bad", is there an actual law that has been broken by this individual to make all this police work worth while?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:You can't be 100% sure of that but it still appears the story has been sensationalized a wee bit.

Rwede wrote:I'm 100% sure of that.

No one is killed by a firearm or ammunition. People are killed by people, not by firearms or ammunition.

Removing a firearm from circulation saves no one's life. If someone wants to kill a person, they will simply acquire a knife or gun or baseball bat or rat poison from a different source.

Rwede is correct.

Unfortunately their appears to be no deterrents for committing murder that work. It continues to happen every day somewhere in North America.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “B.C.”