Victim's family calls for charges

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Victim's family calls for charges

Post by maryjane48 »

The family of a Williams Lake man shot dead by RCMP nearly two years ago wants charges laid against the officers involved.

Justin Zinser, 23, was shot in a cabin at Nimpo Lake in Sept. 2011, after stopping there on a hiking trip with a friend.

Zinser was carrying a gun, and police yellled at him to put it down. Still holding onto the gun, Zinser turned away, and an officer shot him in the back.

He bled to death shortly after being transported to a nursing station.

Allen Bush is still pursuing a charge of manslaughter for the officer who shot Zinser.

"And for the four members, I'm not sure what the charge would be. There was no attempt to help save Justin's life after they shot him. That's wrong

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... oting.html
simnut
Übergod

Re: victim's family calls for charges

Post by simnut »

Wonder what would have happened if he had dropped the gun like the officer asked? Probably would have been asked a few questions...and left to go on his way.......
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Victim's family calls for charges

Post by Captain Awesome »

Uncooperative drunk with a gun? No need to take the situation seriously.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Captain Awesome wrote:Uncooperative drunk with a gun? No need to take the situation seriously.

Yeah , no doubt... I don't even think chucking rocks into the lake when I've had a few on our camping trips is cool....

One problem here though...

Where did you read the "drunk and uncooperative" part in this story ?

I didn't see any mention of that .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

MAPearce wrote:Where did you read the "drunk and uncooperative" part in this story ?

Well, refusing to drop the gun when ordered to do so - that sounds uncooperative to me. Alcohol intoxication is indicated in the inquest document as a significant condition contributing to the outcome.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Well there ya go ....

If you go out in the bush to today , don't bring a gun OR a beer ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

simnut wrote:Wonder what would have happened if he had dropped the gun like the officer asked? Probably would have been asked a few questions...and left to go on his way.......

Wonder what would have happened if he had dropped the gun after any one of the some two dozen times the police told him to drop the gun. At one point you can hear the members begging the guy to drop the gun. "Drop the gun please. Don't make us do this!".

Even though all the facts of the case, complete with an audio digital recording from the incident, was brought to light in the coroners inquest, only 1/2 the story makes it into the news. The 1/2 that makes the guy seem like just another innocent victim shot for no reason by the evil and corrupt RCMP.

He may have been shot in the back. But it was a good shoot (if there ever is such a thing). Plain and simple.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

After the facts were all brought out in the Inquest... the police pleading with the man to drop the weapon .. the fact that alcohol intoxication was found to be a contributing factor, would suggest to most rational thinking persons, that the actions of the deceased himself were likely the most significant contributing factor to his demise. Now, the fact that [at least the media reports] the family want the officers charged. That about says it all. Even after the man's death, they are not prepared to attach any accountability to him; rather, blame someone else for his tragic end. Maybe if this man had learned about accountability, respnsibility and the value of self-discipline, the event would not have occurred at all. I think I will shut up now before I say what I really think about the family calling for charges given the now revealed circumstances via the Inquest.
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

You people really don't care about another human being killed, i guess all the death you see on tv, video games and so on has numbed your compassion for human life. What a shame.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

jimsenchuk wrote:You people really don't care about another human being killed, i guess all the death you see on tv, video games and so on has numbed your compassion for human life. What a shame.

It's not at ALL about caring if another human being was killed......it is about WHY it occurred and the so called "blame". Not one of us posting here on this thread so far has said that this was a good thing to happen. All we are saying is that the deceased may have contributed in a major way to the way things "went down". Perhaps you should be talking about the lack of respect the deceased had for the situation he was in (the police) and complied.....things would have turned out MUCH differently.

If you read what KL3 said:

But it was a good shoot (if there ever is such a thing). Plain and simple.

I don't think he meant ...good! It happened!! I think he meant a justifiable shoot. Hope you don't mind KL3 putting words "in your mouth" so to speak.......errr.....text.
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

MAPearce wrote:Well there ya go ....

If you go out in the bush to today , don't bring a gun OR a beer ....

you must have the worst luck with the rcmp, they have never given me 1 seconds worth of a problem.i wonder why??????
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Another factor listed in the inquest document was that Zinser had a strong dislike of police and authority figures. Geez, almost like some on this forum!

Anyway, he didn't listen to repeated requests to drop his gun, he was boozed up with nards the size of basketballs, and he was a cop hater. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots in this picture. One less jackass causing chit is how I see it.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Maybe this guy was headed down the road of another James Roszko of Mayerthorpe infamy. It didn't seem to me that anyone was lacking concern about the fact that the police had to shoot and kill this man. It seemed that everyone recognized that this guy created a situation where the police were left with no alternative but to shoot him and most also recognized the absurdity of the family now wanting the officers charged.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Yes a good shoot... In the back. Wow.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

simnut wrote:Wonder what would have happened if he had dropped the gun like the officer asked? Probably would have been asked a few questions...and left to go on his way.......

yap,very good chance thats how it would of turned out.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “B.C.”