WFN Land Swap

Steve-O
Übergod

WFN Land Swap

Post by Steve-O »

Just saw a piece of the article in the weekends Westside Weekly but it was discussing that now that Robert Louie has been given another mandate as Chief, he will be pushing to complete the land swap from when the underpass was constructed at Westside Road. The article mentions WFN will be asking for 900 acres in return for the 9 acres they gave up.

Maybe someone can help me understand how 9 acres, which were assessed to be worth 9mil and WFN was paid this amount, how 9 acres becomes 900.

In the treaty agreement it must state that land given up for developments such as this must be returned in another location. I'm good with that, but 100 times what was given??

I have also heard that in past situations like this, the new land was land that was earmarked for future development. The example I heard - so could just be heresy - is that land was given along the path of a possible Kelowna by-pass. The by-pass may never happen but if this scenario is true, than that was an extremely short sighted arrangement by our representatives in the event the by-pass were to become a reality.

But back to my question; how does 9 acres become 900?

I have emailed my MLA and MP and encourage you to as well. Be fair with WFN in this negotiation but also protect the interest of the rest of the population.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: WFN Land Swap

Post by Relentless »

You must realize though, that WFN land is worth way more than regular land, because the white man wants it, he must pay the price(whatever they want) to have it.

I, personally am not convinced that WFN should have any more land then I do, so I really have a problem with the greed.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: WFN Land Swap

Post by dogspoiler »

IMHO it is close to if not criminal to have spent the money and built the overpass without having the property arrangements concluded. Who else but our bungling government would spend millions of dollars on an overpass without ensuring that they own the property ?
Guess what ? they can make outrageous demands now and they will be granted because of the incompetent bungling of the people that we pay handsomely.
Black Dogs Matter

Return to “B.C.”