Letter to Premier Christy Clark RE: Smart Meters

BelieveNothing
Übergod

Letter to Premier Christy Clark RE: Smart Meters

Post by BelieveNothing »

A letter from Jerry Flynn, of Kelowna, which he sent to every MLA, several First Nations bands, several media contacts. Each of us should take a few minutes to write or phone our MLAs and let them know our concerns are not being addressed, and we're not stopping to demand our rights be respected.

Sent: September-06-13
To: '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'
Cc: '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'
Subject: Smart Meters Endanger an Entire Community

September 6, 2013

Dear Premier Clark,

As a retired Canadian Armed Forces captain with 22 years' experience in Electronic Warfare, Radio Warfare and Signals Intelligence, I am very concerned that you, personally, your Minister of Health and your Minister of Energy - as a minimum - are being, at best, inadvertently misled or, at worst, deliberately deceived, about the known harmful bio-effects humans and all life forms experience when chronically exposed to low-level, non-thermal, pulsed microwave radiation such as is emitted by Smart Meter-based meshed-networks 24/7/365 in perpetuity! Unlike cell phones, tablets and some other wireless devices, Smart Meters cannot be turned off!

I am very concerned that British Columbia's own Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Perry Kendall, stubbornly refuses to accept the constantly-growing number of studies from truly world-class scientists providing irrefutable evidence that chronic, low-level non-thermal pulsed radiation is very harmful to humans and all life forms. Inexplicably, he stubbornly prefers to echo and defend Health Canada's disproven claims that Canadians are protected from all electromagnetic radiation by Safety Code 6 - which Health Canada's own senior scientist has stated publicly is untrue!

I am also concerned that Dr. Perry Kendall does not have as his No. 1 priority the safety of British Columbians. Were this the case, based on the ever-growing independent scientific evidence available, he would long ago have implemented a BC radiation Exposure Limit that would protect British Columbians against all forms of electromagnetic radiation. He should be fired!

I am also concerned that British Columbia's own Public Health Act does not even mention electromagnetic radiation, which independent scientists globally claim is the biggest single threat to human health in this century! Surely, this is part of Dr. Perry Kendall's responsibility?

I am concerned, disappointed and angry that BCUC is allowing Fortis BC to charge customers an 'Opt Out' fee for wanting nothing more than to simply protect themselves and their families from chronic low-level, non-thermal pulsed microwave radiation, which non-industry funded scientists around the world now know causes cancer (see the BioInitiative 2012 Report). This is nothing short of extortion!

Given that it was BC Hydro who originally introduced Smart Meters to Mr.. Gordon Campbell's administration, I am concerned,that your current Chief of Staff is the former Chairman of BC Hydro. How can he possibly remain impartial or objective when he vets or screens any communications intended for you that criticizes in any way wireless Smart Meters?

For the sake of your son, Hamish's health, for his safety and that of your home (referring to the countless fires alleged to have been caused by Smart Meters) and for the sake all the peoples of British Columbia, please view my attached letter. I would happily make myself available to answer any questions you or any of your government members might have. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully yours,

Jerry Flynn

P.S. You may be interested to note that that on May 30, 2013, I sent, via Registered Letter, a formal 'Challenge' to Mr. John Walker, President and CEO of Fortis BC to debate with me - in public with the media present - the dangers of all wireless technology and, in particular, wireless Smart Meters in meshed-networks. My challenge went unheeded.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: Letter to Premier Christy Clark RE: Smart Meters

Post by Hassel99 »

If I was writting a letter to someone i wanted on my side of an argument, i would have include things like proof and evidence. Thats just me. To each his own.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

If Jerry Flynn is the best they can do, Tue govt has nothing to worry about.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Hassel99 wrote:If I was writting a letter to someone i wanted on my side of an argument, i would have include things like proof and evidence. Thats just me. To each his own.

I agree.

I can not find any reason however, to criticize someone who is taking action and doing something for the betterment of life on this planet, while others sit in front of a computer critiquing others actions while they themselves take no action.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I'd like to know if Christy even responded to his letter or at the least acknowledged receiving it.

I'm disappointed with her after writing on another matter.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

removed - Jennylives
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Ken7 wrote:I'd like to know if Christy even responded to his letter or at the least acknowledged receiving it.

I'm disappointed with her after writing on another matter.

I doubt that Christy did respond, if she had, I would have seen it by now.

I have telephoned Christy Clark on three occasions, she was not in, will call back, never heard a word.

I emailed her three times as well, never heard back.

Unfortunately I can not place any faith in politicians, I am glad that people speak out and educate themselves... I surmise, we really do not have much say in the way our world turns....

I hear that BC hydro will be increasing their rates, as it is only fair.

BC Hydro is criminal and inhumane.

I think Fortis has proven to be the same.

NOT IN THE PEOPLES INTEREST.
The Rooster
Fledgling

Post by The Rooster »

Do you all remember when the electricity companies all bought back your old Christmas lights , as an urging for us to convert to more efficient types of bulbs ?

Well, why not dothe same here ? As an insentive to allowing these new Smart Meters why not offer say , a small wind turbine as an act of goodwill ? If they are going to charge $35 per month per house for a meter reader to come and read your meter and a one time $100 fee as well , well shouldn't we get something forit ? By the way ,one meter reader can do 250 meters in one day , paying the reader $50 per day ,that gives the company around $7500 inner profit per day . Can I get that contract please?

Canadian tire had wind turbines on for $750 , if the BC Liberals buy one for every household ,they would be able to get a massive discount due to quantity and we could all use less electricity , which Christy's cronies could sell to the States for , as the always do, cheaper than we get it for .

I personally am just waiting for the new GAS METERS , that they will screw us with , getting closer to the cold season , shouldn't be long .everyone will be burning wood and living in log cabins , while Christy's playhouse pals will be living in Marble and brick home with free N Gas and electricity. Maybe then they will legalize pot to calm everyone down ,or create a car fuel from pot , so all the stoners can sniff each others tailpipes
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

BC Hydro is Christy's cronies? Who knew?

What's this about "allowing" smart meters? The meter on your house is the property of Hydro, not you. It's their business what kind of meter is used, and your agreement to buy power from them specifically states that you will allow them access to THEIR equipment on your property.

Shoulda read the fine print before signing up to buy power, eh?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

If Jerry Flynn is the best they can do, Tue govt has nothing to worry about

a retired veteran is somehow not up to your snuff? you know more than a electronic warfare expert?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Rwede wrote:BC Hydro is Christy's cronies? Who knew?

What's this about "allowing" smart meters? The meter on your house is the property of Hydro, not you. It's their business what kind of meter is used, and your agreement to buy power from them specifically states that you will allow them access to THEIR equipment on your property.

Shoulda read the fine print before signing up to buy power, eh?

what is there for choice? if the goverment subsidized people installing self sufficient power generators then fine , but imo the fact our utilities sell power to the states we are being scammed
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

We sell power to the states when we have excess power, and the money we receive from those sales goes to reduce the cost of power to British Columbians.

Do you have some idea on how we can stuff it into batteries at 3 am and save it for when people get up in the morning? I'm all ears.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Ace Storman

Post by Ace Storman »

Rwede wrote:We sell power to the states when we have excess power, and the money we receive from those sales goes to reduce the cost of power to British Columbians.

Do you have some idea on how we can stuff it into batteries at 3 am and save it for when people get up in the morning? I'm all ears.

Actually Mr. Rwede, you are very much incorrect! The power that "we sell to the states when we have excess power" is wrong twofold. Firstly, BC Hydro sells power to the USA via its power broker POWEREX. Most of all if not all cash goes to the BC government general revenue account, NOT the BC Hydro account to help reduce the electricity bills you and I experience. The BC government actually rapes BC Hydro's account ANNUALLY, takes Millions of dollars and transfers that money to its general revenue account. How do you think this Liberal government tries to "balance its budget" ? :-)

We, British Columbian's do NOT have excess power to spare! Why is the government so hell bent on building the Site C Power facility?

Also, no need to try to stuff power into batteries at 3 am to save it for when people get up in the morning! Ever heard of NET METERING? It's a good read, just Google it...

One other thing...Google Powerex and the State of California Law suit...several good reads!

Hope this helps...
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

BC Hydro was suppose to be about supplying reasonably priced power to the public. So if it costs that much to read the meter, shouldn't the shareholders, you and me, get a discount for accepting smart meters. They shouldn't charge extra for smart meters, rather there should be something like a $15/month discount for having one.

I know! And I don't even own a bong!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “B.C.”