Speed kills ... your pocketbook

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Speed kills ... your pocketbook

Post by Glacier »

If you liked Chris Thompson's HST videos, you will like this one. Even if you didn't like his HST videos, you may still find this worth watching.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Speed kills .... your pocketbook

Post by Dizzy1 »

Not only spot on but a very well put together video. I've been arguing the ICBC and RCMP's "Speed Kills" propaganda tax grab for years and I agree with pretty well everything this video has pointed out, from the brainwashing that ICBC, RCMP, media and Helen Lovejoy's keep pouring down, with no regards to actual facts just emotions. The RCMP and media's constant bantra of "speed is a factor" in every collision the report, which of course is obvious, unless the vehicles are standing perfectly still, "speed" will always be a factor. Interesting that one rarely hears the RCMP or media reporting about illegaly modified or below safety standards in collisions, its always speed, speed, speed, blah, blah, blah!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Wow. You drank his Kool-aid in a hurry.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

KL3-Something wrote:Wow. You drank his Kool-aid in a hurry.

Yes KL I drank his "Kool Aid", even though I've argued those points years before I watched that video this morning.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Speed kills ... your pocketbook

Post by Captain Awesome »

Loved the video (along with his HST video a year ago). Not sure about his points though.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I thought he made a fair bit of sense, and was funny to boot. I tend to stick to speed limits myself, but would have no qualms if they raised it in certain areas.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Popeye69
Board Meister

Post by Popeye69 »

Someone better talk to Kelowna mayor Walter Gray and his pals about the dumb idea of making 50km residential speed limits lowered to 40km. You wanna see a money grab? If this passes you will see a cop on every street collecting cash.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

How about the Palmwash Parkway (or whatever it is called)? When there was heavy traffic the speed limit was a safe 80km/h, but now that the highway traffic bypasses this section of road, the road is MUCH safer at the same 80 km/h. How on earth does reducing the speed limit to 50km/h make sense? Only if they are trying to keep the accident rate up by means of a ridiculously low speed limit.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

There are a lot of factors that play into this. I've read some of these studies, and a big part of it seems to be that bad drivers feel safer when the speed limit is lower, and are more inclined to drive when they know/think they won't have to make quick decisions. I have nothing against elderly people, but some of the older folks (my grandfather included) driving around these days only do so because they feel entitled to drive at their own pace which creates dangerous situations all the time. Some argue there is always a logical process involved to setting limits, and I agree that traffic planning is a very real thing, but when you look at roads like Benvoulin, then compare them to roads like Glenmore, you see that whatever process it is, it is failing.

Dangerous driving kills. Going above the speed limit is not dangerous driving and as long as the media, the government, and sheeple at large believe this, not much will change.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Haha ! , Cool Aide.....

Makes complete sense to me . But cops and bureaucrats hate being PROVEN to have their hands in the cookie jar when there is no valid reason..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Glacier wrote:How on earth does reducing the speed limit to 50km/h make sense?

When it was a part of the highway, high speed made sense. Now that it's a residential street, you'll see cyclists and joggers there - hence the lower speed limit. Which makes sense too.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Reaction time is greatly reduced at higher speeds.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

grammafreddy wrote:Reaction time is greatly reduced at higher speeds.

That's why I stopped running
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

MAPearce wrote:Haha ! , Cool Aide.....

Makes complete sense to me . But cops and bureaucrats hate being PROVEN to have their hands in the cookie jar when there is no valid reason..

But the Cops don't have their hands in the cookie jar. They don't make any money off of the tickets they write. If the cops did get a cut you would see them write a lot more.

What they do get to do, however, is help to pick up all the little bits and pieces of the people who are involved in the crashes that resulted from someone going too fast.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Hi KL3, at the accidents I have seen it seems to be the paramedics and firefighters dealing with the patients. The cops usually seem to be conducting interviews, measuring, taking pictures, writing tickets, and that sort of thing.
Black Dogs Matter

Return to “B.C.”