Re: Greg Matters

Post by steven lloyd »

wanderingman wrote: Nothing could be further from the truth

uh - any one of your posts could (and would) be
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

wanderingman wrote:Not true he was going back to the house.A cop who was going to try and surprize/taser/arrest him when he let his guard down But like a dummy tripped and fell in the grass about 17 feet away and Greg was also traveling in the same direction.The Trigger happy poorly trained Chicken S--t cop shop him in the back because he thought Matters was going after the cop which as we all know now that was not the intent at all he was simply going back to his house

I'm surprised that you somehow know what happened better than all of the eye witness reports, forensic evidence, etc.

I'm ashamed that you would insult police officers like that. Absolutely disgusting.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

I'm surprised that you somehow know what happened better than all of the eye witness reports, forensic evidence, etc.
and you do?guy shoots 3 cops, the suspect caught alive, guy in kamloops shoots cop again brought in alive, guy has lil hatchet shot in the back dead
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

lakevixen wrote: and you do?guy shoots 3 cops, the suspect caught alive, guy in kamloops shoots cop again brought in alive, guy has lil hatchet shot in the back dead

Apparently, unlike you, I realize that each incident is actually different than each other incident and I look into what variables are different. Apparently, you think they are all the same.

The three cases you referred to are, to be sure, actually not the same police incident, are in fact different involving different people, in different places, with different variables. I hope that this isn't news to you.
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

wanderingman wrote:Simnut off all the dumb things you have said on here this is the worst

I'd like to think....actually I know, ALL of what I have posted regarding GM and this thread are based on FACTS and EVIDENCE......NOT my own opinion! Unlike yourself, whom REFUSES to look at FACTS and EVIDENCE placed right before your nose!

Nothing could be further from the truth

You're wrong, nothing is CLOSER to the truth, you just refuse to see it.
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

lakevixen wrote: guy has lil hatchet shot in the back dead

Yup, and accept the fact. It's the way this particular incident progressed. Compare it to the other cases....you will find MANY differences......MANY......MANY.....so GIVE UP on comparing other cases to this one. Again....trying to insert something that has NOTHING to do with THIS case.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Lakevixen Wrote:

guy has lil hatchet shot in the back dead

His decision, no one else's. There are consequences for actions.

Ever heard the statement "He gave up peacefully". Those people are alive today. Greg should have tried it, he would be here to tell his story today.

And as some would say "That is the end of the story".
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

there were 4 cops and a dog there that day.No one will really ever know exactly what happened
Its been proven again and again police testimony is erroneous and selective at best
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

wanderingman wrote:there were 4 cops and a dog there that day.No one will really ever know exactly what happened

That is one reason we all have to look at the evidence presented.....evidence is proof of what occurred. It may not tell all, but it tells enough to allow inquiries and investigations to have come to the conclusion they did.

Its been proven again and again police testimony is erroneous and selective at best

I would have a tough time remembering everything that happens exactly if I'm involved in an accident, or see an accident etc. And that is when we are not overloaded with stress as would an officer doing their job as in this case. Like I said before, you may have 3 witnesses to one event, they will all recall it differently. That is why all we (those that were not there) can go by is evidence. Don't confuse lying to stating what you honestly think is the truth, and then evidence corrects that.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

There is "proof" and then there is "evidentiary proof". Proof is when someone witnessed first hand what happened, evidentiary proof is when all of the evidence piles up and leaves no reasonable doubt remaining about what happened.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

ValB58 wrote:There is "proof" and then there is "evidentiary proof". Proof is when someone witnessed first hand what happened, evidentiary proof is when all of the evidence piles up and leaves no reasonable doubt remaining about what happened.

BUT"""" when the only witness are all ERT members how do you know the group as a whole is telling the whole truth??

They knew for fact the ERT guy shot matters in the back.When in court and the powers to be got it wrong not of the ERT stood up and corrected it till after it was proved he actually did shoot him in the back and then they changed testimony
there is no evidence to pile up in this case. its all matter of whos story one believes
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

wanderingman wrote:BUT"""" when the only witness are all ERT members how do you know the group as a whole is telling the whole truth??

They knew for fact the ERT guy shot matters in the back.When in court and the powers to be got it wrong not of the ERT stood up and corrected it till after it was proved he actually did shoot him in the back and then they changed testimony
there is no evidence to pile up in this case. its all matter of whos story one believes

There's more than just eye witness evidence though. Sure, if the eye witnesses were in fact lying, there wouldn't be other evidence that supports the eye witness accounts. In this case, all the forensic and ballistic evidence actually supports the eye witness accounts.

If you had evidence that actually disproved the eye witness accounts, you should share it because apparently nobody has seen said evidence. If you do not have such evidence that contradicts the eye witnesses, then I simply do not understand what the problem you have is.
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

wanderingman wrote:
BUT"""" when the only witness are all ERT members how do you know the group as a whole is telling the whole truth??

That is why they have investigations, searching of evidence to corroborate , correct or discredit testimony. And in this case, evidence pointed to the officer shooting in self defense (of another officer). And don't think that these investigations automatically go the cops "way". Research and you will find where officers were in error IN an investigation and dealt with accordingly.
justshort

Post by justshort »

As to My witness (at the inquest), as GM was coming west bound down the driveway (with the intention to surrender).He saw that that the RCMP had "broke through" his mother's gate, and at this moment became agitated. While down the driveway an officer"if I remember properly Reddimen called to GM to say He was under arrest.At the same time GM was Flanked from the south side by Merriman and Warrick.GM turned east bound towards Merriman" who was most east bound". And as stated by Merriman all he seen was enraged eyes and GM's aggresive movements towards him,and called for the taser.Keep in mind this was all happening in real life moments. Reddimen ran up from the east side "behind"of GM with the taser, while GM was aggresvily moving West bound towards Merrimen.Reddimen called GM as he was approximatley 3 meters behind GM and in doing so was losing his balance as GM turned east bound towards Reddimen he rasied the hatchet, and moved towards Reddimen.Reddimen deployed the taser, with no effect.Warrick was positioned almost exactactly south of GM during this fluid event.As GM raised the hatchet and moved aggresivly towards Reddimen, Warrick regretibly was forced to defend Reddimen and fired two shots from his gun. Which I am sure that Warrick reenacts every day. I'm sorry to all the people involved in this horrible event, and hope they move forward from what we all have learned from this, and be that much more affective in the future to come.
justshort

Post by justshort »

Also, GM admitted to the existence of an AKS 47,which by family members,have known to be on the farm, yet the RCMP did not find a year earlier when they confinscated all of the guns off the farm from previous threats . Apparently GM's cousin "Neil" purchased this weapon several years ago.During an interview "that was shown at the inquest" GM admitted that this weapon existed, but did not prove where it was.

Return to “B.C.”