"Conservation" officers kill inoffensive cougar in a cage

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: "Conservation" officers kill inoffensive cougar in a cag

Post by Fancy »

driveangry wrote:[The link goes to the story titled " Wildlife officers kill cougar that was hunting deer in Nanaimo neighborhood"

So either he didn't read the link or doesn't believe the wildlife officers.

You are reading a media headline - not what the officer said. I read it and believe the officer, not necessarily the headline.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

[

You are reading a media headline - not what the officer said. I read it and believe the officer, not necessarily the headline.[/quote]

LOL, OK, you can believe the parts of the story that you want, the rest is all made up nonsense.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

driveangry wrote:LOL, OK, you can believe the parts of the story that you want, the rest is all made up nonsense.

I'm not sure what you are getting at. This was a young cat that had bad habits. The officers trapped it and put it down. What part do you think is nonsense?
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

I was being sarcastic. We are done here.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Perhaps the cougars can start eating the people that put the food out in the first place.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

How about we stop wishing death on humans and look to dealing with bylaw infractions instead?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

About 18 months ago, moving into an interface area (which was not new, established in the early 70s) we were raided by raccoons, deer infested our back yard less than 20 feet from our house, coyotes trolled within 50 feet of our back yard and the neighbors had black and grizzly bears who treed about 100 yards of their workshop.

At one point, I went out to throw a rock at a doe and she snorted and stomped at me... I threw the rock and managed to get it within a few feet of her (while I was retreating to the safety of my deck) which startled her enough so she retreated. We threw rocks, yelled, banged pans and soon got a couple of air horns - which we used! So far this year I have only seen one deer about 100 yards away up the hill at the back.

I love to see wild animals - but not in my back yard! They are WILD animals and regardless of their 'cuteness' are equipped to attack, defend and kill. Ever see what a sweet and cute deer can do with their front hooves?
Chill
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

From the link:

“It was a younger animal and, frankly, the reason it was there is because the place is polluted with deer,” York said.

How can a place be polluted by wildlife? Pollution from man made crap yes, but by life? lol, and these words came from a conservation agent quoted in the article. So, if I understand, they are conserving, shooting and taking care of... pollution?

In the cougar story, is the pollution not the food left by residents which attracts the deer? Nah, the pollution is the wildlife, that blows my mind.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I don't get fixated on terminology when the intent is clear enough. Lots of deer enticed into the area by residents feeding them is an ongoing issue that needs to be addressed.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Actually, an over-population of wildlife that exceeds the carrying capacity of the land and causes starvation and rapid spread of diseases, is often referred to as "polluted" in wildlife management.

Excess feces, little food, and disease...can that be any more polluted?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

flamingfingers wrote:About 18 months ago, moving into an interface area (which was not new, established in the early 70s) we were raided by raccoons, deer infested our back yard less than 20 feet from our house, coyotes trolled within 50 feet of our back yard and the neighbors had black and grizzly bears who treed about 100 yards of their workshop.

At one point, I went out to throw a rock at a doe and she snorted and stomped at me... I threw the rock and managed to get it within a few feet of her (while I was retreating to the safety of my deck) which startled her enough so she retreated. We threw rocks, yelled, banged pans and soon got a couple of air horns - which we used! So far this year I have only seen one deer about 100 yards away up the hill at the back.

I love to see wild animals - but not in my back yard! They are WILD animals and regardless of their 'cuteness' are equipped to attack, defend and kill. Ever see what a sweet and cute deer can do with their front hooves?

A slingshot works great!
But along with animals humans too regardless of their cuteness are equipped to attack, defend and kill.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar

Return to “B.C.”