Vancouver officer should be fired

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Vancouver officer should be fired

Post by maryjane48 »

New Westminster's chief constable says a 13-year veteran of the Vancouver Police Department should be fired following allegations he lied during a homicide probe into the 2001 death of an Oak Bay man.

In 2001 Owen Padmore, 31, died of head injuries apparently sustained from a fall in his mother's Oak Bay home.

Two years ago, new information sparked a homicide investigation and a suspect was arrested and charged with manslaughter by Oak Bay police.

But that case mysteriously fell apart.

wow took 12 years
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Vancouver officer should be fired

Post by Fancy »

Ten years ago, Oak Bay police investigated the mysterious death of 31-year-old University of Victoria student Owen Padmore and found no evidence of foul play.

On Tuesday, the suburban Victoria detachment revealed that investigators have laid manslaughter charges against a 38-year-old man in connection with Mr. Padmore's death.

Oak Bay police Constable Laurence Riel said on Tuesday that the detachment quietly reopened the case after an unidentified individual came forward with new information two years ago.

"This was not related to any other criminal investigation, this was someone who approached us voluntarily," Constable Riel said

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/bri ... cle569894/

Ten years and the police had no leads to go on.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I'm still trying to figure out why a "Vancouver officer should be fired".

All I see in the story is Oak Bay Police Department, which is a separate department from even Victoria City Police. (some confuse Victoria with Vancouver [they both have a "V" in the name])

So, where does Vancouver Police come into this ????? or is this a case of anything that takes place "down there" is "Vancouver".

Oak bay is 115 KMs from Vancouver, of which 46 KMs is water.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

my5cents wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why a "Vancouver officer should be fired".

All I see in the story is Oak Bay Police Department, which is a separate department from even Victoria City Police. (some confuse Victoria with Vancouver [they both have a "V" in the name])

So, where does Vancouver Police come into this ????? or is this a case of anything that takes place "down there" is "Vancouver".

Oak bay is 115 KMs from Vancouver, of which 46 KMs is water.

New Westminster's chief constable says a 13-year veteran of the Vancouver Police Department should be fired following allegations he lied during a homicide probe into the 2001 death of an Oak Bay man.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Thanks Goatboy, the story linked in the post didn't contain the Vancouver Police Officer information. Thanks to you, I've found it in a Times Colonist story : http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local ... h-1.543622

Interesting chain of events, sounds like a good script for a TV movie.

Our RCMP friends will be happy. For once none of this appears to involves them.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

In 2001 Owen Padmore, 31, died of head injuries apparently sustained from a fall in his mother's Oak Bay home.

Two years ago, new information sparked a homicide investigation and a suspect was arrested and charged with manslaughter by Oak Bay police.

But that case mysteriously fell apart.

lakevixen wrote:
wow took 12 years

What is your source for that quote, LakeVixen?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Sad affair...

Doubt this officer will be fired but there will go any chance of promotion for the next how long and may see him disciplined for use and release of information.....
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

What is your source for that quote, LakeVixen?

i was going by when the incedent first happened to when the officer was actions was looked at by the other officer and he/she said he should be fired

Return to “B.C.”