Sensible BC

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Sensible BC

Post by Glacier »

This group of NDP hacks keeps putting their ads on my Facebook, and it's getting kind of annoying. I get it that they are meant to promote marijuana decriminalize marijuana, but their ads don't stop there. Note to Sensible BC: if you want broader support, try to lay off the highly charged partisan ads, and learn how our parliamentary system works. After one too many ads criticizing every single thing the Liberals do or don't do, I left a comment merely to showing how unreasonable their position was. After a bunch of people started agreeing with my comment, the ad went *poof*.

Anyone else getting tired of un-Sensible BC spam?
Last edited by Glacier on Sep 13th, 2013, 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
TMixer
Board Meister

Re: Sensible BC

Post by TMixer »

I'm not getting any. Those ads are tied to your internet usage. If you're signed into Facebook they can see everything you do online and advertise. I got nothing but wedding planners when I was getting married, baby products when my wife was pregnant, etc.
Socially anxious, anxiously social
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

TMixer wrote:I'm not getting any. Those ads are tied to your internet usage. If you're signed into Facebook they can see everything you do online and advertise. I got nothing but wedding planners when I was getting married, baby products when my wife was pregnant, etc.

That's the way it's supposed to work, but all I get is junk completely unrelated to me. I have absolutely nothing to do with marijuana or it's legalization on my facebook account, yet I get these stupid ads for Sensible BC and a "marijuana paranoia coaching seminar", heck I even get some in Russian and French (for other items, no clue what they are cause I can't read it!)
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
TMixer
Board Meister

Post by TMixer »

underscore wrote:That's the way it's supposed to work, but all I get is junk completely unrelated to me. I have absolutely nothing to do with marijuana or it's legalization on my facebook account, yet I get these stupid ads for Sensible BC and a "marijuana paranoia coaching seminar", heck I even get some in Russian and French (for other items, no clue what they are cause I can't read it!)

Weird. I'm a "fan" of Cheech and Chong and have yet to see a SensibleBC ad on facebook.

I will say, my marijuana paranoia could use some brushing up.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Glacier wrote: Note to Sensible BC: if you want broader support, try to lay off the highly charged partisan ads, ...

Aligning an important and meaningful cause with the NDP is definitively not sensible.

(haven't seen what you're talking about though - bad facebook, bad)
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

steven lloyd wrote:(haven't seen what you're talking about though - bad facebook, bad)

They don't want to waste ads on people who already converted, probably.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I hate pot....

The stench , the people on it trying to do anything intelligent....

You'd figure I'd get those ads like I get the Jay dubs on a Saturday morning , but I haven't seen them on my FB ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
TMixer
Board Meister

Post by TMixer »

MAPearce wrote:I hate pot....

You'd figure I'd get those ads like I get the Jay dubs on a Saturday morning , but I haven't seen them on my FB ...

Wow.
We do not get along on so many levels...
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Wow.
We do not get along on so many levels...

Fair enough ...

Don't blow your weed smoke in my face and don't knock on my door on Saturday morning....

You won't have to worry about me then...

You'll like it that way...

And DON'T "friend " me on Facebook either .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
TMixer
Board Meister

Post by TMixer »

MAPearce wrote:
Fair enough ...

I like that attitude.

MAPearce wrote:Don't blow your weed smoke in my face and don't knock on my door on Saturday morning....

Incredibly little chance on either of those.

MAPearce wrote:You won't have to worry about me then...

I really don't, either way.

MAPearce wrote:You'll like it that way...

Don't presume to know what I will or will not like.

MAPearce wrote:And DON'T "friend " me on Facebook either .

Even less chance of that/
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

But you're okay with tobacco smoke, automobile or diesel exhaust, or do you have a strategy that works to avoid those that would likely just as easily work to avoid the stench of people smoking marijuana? As far as intelligence? Well, you don’t have to talk to them, and there are people on this board who purport not to smoke and whose comments make the most brain dead pothead seem to possess the wisdom of a sage. I really think we need to learn to get out of other people's business that does not effect our own lives in any way - other than the tax money we are paying to feed and fuel drug crime and violence.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

steven lloyd wrote:But you're okay with tobacco smoke, automobile or diesel exhaust, or do you have a strategy that works to avoid those that would likely just as easily work to avoid the stench of people smoking marijuana? As far as intelligence? Well, you don’t have to talk to them, and there are people on this board who purport not to smoke and whose comments make the most brain dead pothead seem to possess the wisdom of a sage. I really think we need to learn to get out of other people's business that does not effect our own lives in any way - other than the tax money we are paying to feed and fuel drug crime and violence.

Thnx for the plug steven ;-)
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

But you're okay with tobacco smoke, automobile or diesel exhaust, or do you have a strategy that works to avoid those that would likely just as easily work to avoid the stench of people smoking marijuana? As far as intelligence? Well, you don’t have to talk to them, and there are people on this board who purport not to smoke and whose comments make the most brain dead pothead seem to possess the wisdom of a sage. I really think we need to learn to get out of other people's business that does not effect our own lives in any way - other than the tax money we are paying to feed and fuel drug crime and violence.

No Steven I'm not ok with all that ..And , unfortunately , there is no possible strategy to avoid all that stuff unless you chose to never leave your own sterile environment..

Sadly , these days, any place where one could possibly escape the stench of tobacco smoke, car or diesel exhaust have now been over run with the Cheeba heads....

I keep my stuff out of people space , I just wish the "sensible" people would leave their stuff out of mine
TMixer
Board Meister

Post by TMixer »

What does SensibleBC have in your house?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

MAPearce wrote: No Steven I'm not ok with all that ..And , unfortunately , there is no possible strategy to avoid all that stuff unless you chose to never leave your own sterile environment.Sadly , these days, any place where one could possibly escape the stench of tobacco smoke, car or diesel exhaust have now been over run with the Cheeba heads....

Well, I guess there are pollutants in the air everywhere but I can choose not to push my golf cart along the busy highway. I just can't help but think this problem is being overstated. Yes, I acknowledge I live in a much smaller town but I know there are a lot of pot smokers up here. I have caught the odd whiff on the golf course (don't know how they do it - I find the game demanding enough stone cold straight) but I don't let it ruin my day. I know there are a lot worse things I could end up inhaling this day. Usually the smell is gone in just a few minutes or I've walked past it. Such a minor thing to worry about.

Return to “B.C.”