Evidence that smoking pot means you can't count to three

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Evidence that smoking pot means you can't count to three

Post by Rwede »

“I ran the whole race screaming that marijuana cures cancer, because it does,” Skidmore told CTV News.

He said that most people dismissed him but about three people agreed.

About three people. Yeah man, there were like about three people who agreed with me. I lost count.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#98618
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
WhenWhatWho
Banned

Re: Evidence that smoking pot means you can't count to 3

Post by WhenWhatWho »

Rwede wrote:About three people. Yeah man, there were like about three people who agreed with me. I lost count.

Evidence only that he can't count to 3...but maybe, just maybe he couldn't even if he was straight.

With practice, I can count to 11. LOL
NOTYOU
Fledgling

Post by NOTYOU »

The American Cancer Society says studies have long shown that people who took marijuana extracts in clinical trials tended to need less pain medicine. The society says that chemicals found in marijuana have been found in some studies to slow growth or cause death in cancer cells...

That is more than I can say for Dr. prescribed pharmacy meds...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

NOTYOU wrote:The society says that chemicals found in marijuana have been found in some studies to slow growth or cause death in cancer cells...

Certainly does with Brain cells...
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Rwede wrote:
About three people. Yeah man, there were like about three people who agreed with me. I lost count.

He should have said it has a good chance of curing cancer and a very good chance of slowing it down. If any other medicine had that claim people would be going crazy for it, but because it's pot people like you will belittle and poke fun at it, and because there are so many like you people are dying while waiting for a cure that has a fancier name.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... -cancer/#_

20 Medical Studies That Prove Cannabis Can Cure Cancer

Brain Cancer

1. A study published in the British Journal of Cancer, conducted by the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Complutense University in Madrid, this study determined that Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other cannabinoids inhibit tumour growth. They were responsible for the first clinical study aimed at assessing cannabinoid antitumoral action. Cannabinoid delivery was safe and was achieved with zero psychoactive effects. THC was found to decrease tumour cells in two out of the nine patients.

2. A study published in The Journal of Neuroscience examined the biochemical events in both acute neuronal damage and in slowly progressive, neurodegenerative diseases. They conducted a magnetic resonance imaging study that looked at THC (the main active compound in marijuana) and found that it reduced neuronal injury in rats. The results of this study provide evidence that the cannabinoid system can serve to protect the brain against neurodegeneration.

3. A study published in The Journal of Pharmacology And Experimental Therapeutics already acknowledged the fact that cannabinoids have been shown to possess antitumor properties. This study examined the effect of cannabidiol (CBD, non psychoactive cannabinoid compound) on human glioma cell lines. The addition of cannabidiol led to a dramatic drop in the viability of glioma cells. Glioma is the word used to describe brain tumour. The study concluded that cannabidiol was able to produce a significant antitumor activity.

4. A study published in the journal Molecular Cancer Therapeutics outlines how brain tumours are highly resistant to current anticancer treatments, which makes it crucial to find new therapeutic strategies aimed at improving the poor prognosis of patients suffering from this disease. This study also demonstrated the reversal of tumour activity in Glioblastoma multiforme.
Breast Cancer

5. A study published in the US National Library of Medicine, conducted by the California Pacific Medical Centre determined that cannabidiol (CBD) inhibits human breast cancer cell proliferation and invasion. They also demonstrated that CBD significantly reduces tumour mass.

6. A study published in The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics determined that THC as well as cannabidiol dramatically reduced breast cancer cell growth. They confirmed the potency and effectiveness of these compounds.

7. A study published in the Journal Molecular Cancer showed that THC reduced tumour growth and tumour numbers. They determined that cannabinoids inhibit cancer cell proliferation, induce cancer cell apoptosis and impair tumour angiogenesis (all good things). This study provides strong evidence for the use of cannabinoid based therapies for the management of breast cancer.

8. A study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) determined that cannabinoids inhibit human breast cancer cell proliferation.
Lung Cancer

9. A study published in the journal Oncogene, by Harvard Medical Schools Experimental Medicine Department determined that THC inhibits epithelial growth factor induced lung cancer cell migration and more. They go on to state that THC should be explored as novel therapeutic molecules in controlling the growth and metastasis of certain lung cancers.

10. A study published by the US National Library of Medicine by the Institute of Toxicology and Pharmacology, from the Department of General Surgery in Germany determined that cannabinoids inhibit cancer cell invasion. Effects were confirmed in primary tumour cells from a lung cancer patient. Overall, data indicated that cannabinoids decrease cancer cell invasiveness.

11. A study published by the US National Library of Medicine, conducted by Harvard Medical School investigated the role of cannabinoid receptors in lung cancer cells. They determined its effectiveness and suggested that it should be used for treatment against lung cancer cells.
Prostate Cancer

12. A study published in the US National Library of Medicine illustrates a decrease in prostatic cancer cells by acting through cannabinoid receptors.

13. A study published in the US National Library of Medicine outlined multiple studies proving the effectiveness of cannabis on prostate cancer.

14. Another study published by the US National Library of Medicine determined that clinical testing of CBD against prostate carcinoma is a must. That cannabinoid receptor activation induces prostate carcinoma cell apoptosis. They determined that cannabidiol significantly inhibited cell viability.
Blood Cancer

15. A study published in the journal Molecular Pharmacology recently showed that cannabinoids induce growth inhibition and apoptosis in matle cell lymphoma. The study was supported by grants from the Swedish Cancer Society, The Swedish Research Council and the Cancer Society in Stockholm.

16. A study published in the International Journal of Cancer also determined and illustrated that cannabinoids exert antiproliferative and proapoptotic effects in various types of cancer and in mantle cell lymphoma.

17. A study published in the US National Library of Medicine conducted by the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology by Virginia Commonwealth University determined that cannabinoids induce apoptosis in leukemia cells.
Oral Cancer

18. A study published by the US National Library of Medicine results show cannabinoids are potent inhibitors of cellular respiration and are toxic to highly malignant oral Tumours.
Liver Cancer

19. A study published by the US National Library of Medicine determined that that THC reduces the viability of human HCC cell lines (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) and reduced the growth.
Pancreatic Cancer

20. A study published in The American Journal of Cancer determined that cannabinoid receptors are expressed in human pancreatic tumor cell lines and tumour biopsies at much higher levels than in normal pancreatic tissue. Results showed that cannabinoid administration induced apoptosis. They also reduced the growth of tumour cells, and inhibited the spreading of pancreatic tumour cells.

Sources:

All sources highlighted throughout article. Click on the highlighted parts of the article to view them.

Note the sources, you poke fun at it? Please inform me of a method of fighting cancer that you don't poke fun at and we'll compare.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
AwakeFromDreamland
Fledgling

Post by AwakeFromDreamland »

Great post zzontar^^ but unfortunately the cannabinoid defective ones have difficulty going forward with new information ,they instead look backwards trying to uphold the status quo .
Endocannabinoid system "We are all born with a form of marijuana already in our bodies." "Cannabis kills cancer cells,people are not aware of that,they think cancer/cannabis - anti nausea.It's waay beyond that." Dr.Robert Melamede phD
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Rwede wrote:

From that article:
“However, these substances have not been tested in humans to find out if they can lower cancer risk. There is no available scientific evidence from controlled studies in humans that cannabinoids can cure or treat cancer,” the agency says on its website.

The agency of what... blind idiots? Look at my last post, those are 20 reputable studies done that almost no one gets to read about. They do however get to read the news article saying the "agency" says otherwise. This is how the public stays misinformed.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
NOTYOU
Fledgling

Post by NOTYOU »

CBD has shown tremendous results in epileptic siezures...reducing the instances from 100s weekly to 1 every two weeks...watch a video of a baby convulcing from siezures and then tell me pot is nothing but a stoners high...keep believing what the government has programmed you to believe and you too will follow the sheep to slaughter...
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

In fairness, there is still a lack of consensus in the scientific community, but the preponderance of studies do not show a significant cancer risk from MJ: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-help/about-cancer/cancer-questions/does-smoking-cannabis-cause-cancer

The consensus at this point seems to be that it is unlikely that MJ causes cancer. It gets confused because because MJ smokers are often tobacco users and alcohol users as well.

My read on it is that there are some risks, but given that it would be hard to match the quantity smoked by tobacco users, the smoking risks would be minimal.

However, I can't find any information regarding any links to cancer from ingested marijuana. So cookies and brownies might be the way to go, as it is the combustion products from smoking that seem to pose the greatest risk. Mmmm...chocolate chip cookies...
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I sure see a lot of evidence of this on Castanet.

Smoking pot can lower your IQ permanently, new study says

Marijuana-smoking teenagers are more likely to suffer from a low IQ, a new study has found.

Do your stoner friend's theories about government spies and Doritos sound stupid? That's because they probably are stupid. A new study has found that teenagers who smoke pot before they turn 18 are at risk for a lower IQ.

The study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, took a massive, careful look at teen pot usage. It followed 1,000 people in New Zealand over a 20-year-period, HealthDay reported. The researchers found that participants who started smoking at least once a week before turning 18 and who continued to smoke as adults suffered an average IQ drop of 8 points.

And the damage was permanent. Adults who stopped smoking marijuana as they grew older failed to gain back the IQ points they lost. The researchers wrote that marijuana can be toxic for young brains.

However, there is some good news: it's just the developing brains that marijuana seems to harm. "I'm fairly confident that cannabis is safe for over-18 brains, but risky for under-18 brains," a member of the research team told BBC News.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news ... study-says

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
NOTYOU
Fledgling

Post by NOTYOU »

I need to get on some medication so I can slap some stupid people and blame it on the side effects!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never heard of pot reducing people to this kind of reaction...only prescribed meds...
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Okay, help me out here
20 Medical Studies That Prove Cannabis Can Cure Cancer

Brain Cancer

1. A study published in the British Journal of Cancer, conducted by the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Complutense University in Madrid, this study determined that Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other cannabinoids inhibit tumour growth. They were responsible for the first clinical study aimed at assessing cannabinoid antitumoral action. Cannabinoid delivery was safe and was achieved with zero psychoactive effects. THC was found to decrease tumour cells in two out of the nine patients. Decrease, and only in 2 of 9. Is that a cure?

2. A study published in The Journal of Neuroscience examined the biochemical events in both acute neuronal damage and in slowly progressive, neurodegenerative diseases. They conducted a magnetic resonance imaging study that looked at THC (the main active compound in marijuana) and found that it reduced neuronal injury in rats. The results of this study provide evidence that the cannabinoid system can serve to protect the brain against neurodegeneration. So, reduced. By how much? And how much harm will it cause in the meantime?

3. A study published in The Journal of Pharmacology And Experimental Therapeutics already acknowledged the fact that cannabinoids have been shown to possess antitumor properties. This study examined the effect of cannabidiol (CBD, non psychoactive cannabinoid compound) on human glioma cell lines. The addition of cannabidiol led to a dramatic drop in the viability of glioma cells. Glioma is the word used to describe brain tumour. The study concluded that cannabidiol was able to produce a significant antitumor activity. Significant/dramatic is how much? Surely it should be a measurable amount? Is it 2 of 9 as above?

4. A study published in the journal Molecular Cancer Therapeutics outlines how brain tumours are highly resistant to current anticancer treatments, which makes it crucial to find new therapeutic strategies aimed at improving the poor prognosis of patients suffering from this disease. This study also demonstrated the reversal of tumour activity in Glioblastoma multiforme. Breast Cancer So again, how much? Complete? Percentage? Why no numbers?

5. A study published in the US National Library of Medicine, conducted by the California Pacific Medical Centre determined that cannabidiol (CBD) inhibits human breast cancer cell proliferation and invasion. They also demonstrated that CBD significantly reduces tumour mass. Reduces, not eliminates? Percentages?

6. A study published in The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics determined that THC as well as cannabidiol dramatically reduced breast cancer cell growth. They confirmed the potency and effectiveness of these compounds. Again, by how much?

7. A study published in the Journal Molecular Cancer showed that THC reduced tumour growth and tumour numbers. They determined that cannabinoids inhibit cancer cell proliferation, induce cancer cell apoptosis and impair tumour angiogenesis (all good things). This study provides strong evidence for the use of cannabinoid based therapies for the management of breast cancer. Again, by how much? A study should actually measure these things . . .

8. A study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) determined that cannabinoids inhibit human breast cancer cell proliferation.
Lung Cancer So is it lung cancer or brease cancer? How much does it inhibit?

9. A study published in the journal Oncogene, by Harvard Medical Schools Experimental Medicine Department determined that THC inhibits epithelial growth factor induced lung cancer cell migration and more. They go on to state that THC should be explored as novel therapeutic molecules in controlling the growth and metastasis of certain lung cancers. Inhibit, not stop? What percentage?

10. A study published by the US National Library of Medicine by the Institute of Toxicology and Pharmacology, from the Department of General Surgery in Germany determined that cannabinoids inhibit cancer cell invasion. Effects were confirmed in primary tumour cells from a lung cancer patient. Overall, data indicated that cannabinoids decrease cancer cell invasiveness. But it doesn't get rid of it, it just slows it down. Again, by how much? What percentage?

11. A study published by the US National Library of Medicine, conducted by Harvard Medical School investigated the role of cannabinoid receptors in lung cancer cells. They determined its effectiveness and suggested that it should be used for treatment against lung cancer cells. Does it stop it? Does it inhibit? HOW effective?
Prostate Cancer

12. A study published in the US National Library of Medicine illustrates a decrease in prostatic cancer cells by acting through cannabinoid receptors. How much of a decrease? Pecentages?

13. A study published in the US National Library of Medicine outlined multiple studies proving the effectiveness of cannabis on prostate cancer. Effective how - inhibition or elimination? Percentages?

14. Another study published by the US National Library of Medicine determined that clinical testing of CBD against prostate carcinoma is a must. That cannabinoid receptor activation induces prostate carcinoma cell apoptosis. They determined that cannabidiol significantly inhibited cell viability. Again with "inhibits" - and by what percentages?
Blood Cancer

15. A study published in the journal Molecular Pharmacology recently showed that cannabinoids induce growth inhibition and apoptosis in matle cell lymphoma. The study was supported by grants from the Swedish Cancer Society, The Swedish Research Council and the Cancer Society in Stockholm. Inhibition again - by how much?

16. A study published in the International Journal of Cancer also determined and illustrated that cannabinoids exert antiproliferative and proapoptotic effects in various types of cancer and in mantle cell lymphoma. How much? Complete? If not, what percentages?

17. A study published in the US National Library of Medicine conducted by the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology by Virginia Commonwealth University determined that cannabinoids induce apoptosis in leukemia cells. By how much?
Oral Cancer

18. A study published by the US National Library of Medicine results show cannabinoids are potent inhibitors of cellular respiration and are toxic to highly malignant oral Tumours. Inhibits again - and by how much? What is the effectiveness?
Liver Cancer

19. A study published by the US National Library of Medicine determined that that THC reduces the viability of human HCC cell lines (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) and reduced the growth. So it inhibits, by how much?
Pancreatic Cancer

20. A study published in The American Journal of Cancer determined that cannabinoid receptors are expressed in human pancreatic tumor cell lines and tumour biopsies at much higher levels than in normal pancreatic tissue. Results showed that cannabinoid administration induced apoptosis. They also reduced the growth of tumour cells, and inhibited the spreading of pancreatic tumour cells. By how much? What percentages?

The problem is with the above is that a multiple papers can be published from the same study . How many of the above are duplicates? http://www.oxfordjournals.org/our_journals/jpepsy/for_authors/multiple_publications.html

Also, the language is at issue here. When a person says "cure", it means
cure noun \ˈkyu̇r\
: something (such as a drug or medical treatment) that stops a disease and makes someone healthy again

: something that ends a problem or improves a bad situation

: the act of making someone healthy again after an illness
(via Merriam Webster)

"Inhibits", "reduces" and "decreases" are not the same as "cure". They all denote something in progress, not something complete.

If a pharma company said "NEW! A CURE FOR OBESITY! FAT LOSS PILLS THAT ACTUALLY WORK! - but they only work in 2% of the population and to varying degrees, results may vary, side effects should be considered" the pro MJ posters in this thread would deride and harangue them for claiming a cure, and rightly so.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

I wonder why it is that the people who claim pot is harmless, and that it should be legalized and so on, never offer any supportive comment or articles from respected experts from the drug councillor world, nor do we ever have the privilege of hearing supportive comment from respected experts from the pharmacology area? Hmmm. Is it because there are no respected experts from those disciplines who believe the substance is harmless and that it ought to be legalized? All of the hardcore contentions that pot is harmless seems to originate with "pot users" who have a vested interest in seeing it decriminalized.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

A friend of mine had Throat cancer a few years back. He was told by his Oncologist that the cause was probably caused by his Pot smoking and that they were seeing more and more of this type of Cancer in Pot smokers.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I have an acquaintance (brother-in-law of one of my coworkers) that has refused to grow up, and smokes his joint every morning "to get his day started."

Watching him cough up a few mouthfuls of greenish-yellow phlegm and throat slime each morning when we were camping last summer, then hacking some more after each toke of his "medicine" certainly didn't convince me that it was harmless stuff he was polluting his body with.

The upside of it was that I kicked his *bleep* in the camp cribbage tournament because he was too fried to count his hands or keep track of played cards. So, for me, it worked out just fine.

I do hope, for his wife and kids' sake, that he's still able to provide for them as the years of pot abuse drag him down into a useless pile of pulp who can't hold a job.

Return to “B.C.”