Evidence that smoking pot means you can't count to three

butcher99
Guru

Re: Evidence that smoking pot means you can't count to three

Post by butcher99 »

driveangry wrote:
My first post with the video link, Tommy says he QUIT SMOKING POT and started INJECTING HEMP OIL . He also changed his diet and added supplements.

Here is a link that may be of interest to you. It tells the difference of Hemp oil and Hash oil.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp_oil

try this quote from an article.
"After I came out with the news last June that a cancer doctor told me I had prostrate cancer and suggested a high frequency treatment that is not approved in America and could only be done in Mexico at the cost of $25,000, I immediately looked at alternatives. I contacted my nephew in Vancouver, who was about to become a doctor, and he suggested I meet with a Dr. McKinnon in Victoria, BC. That doctor changed my diet and put me on supplements, and within a year I brought my PSA numbers down drastically and eliminated the cancer threat. I also treated the condition with hemp oil (hash oil). With the diet, the supplements and the hash oil, plus a session with a world-renowned healer, Adam Dreamhealer, I’m cancer-free. That’s right, I kicked cancer’s *bleep*! So the magic plant does cure cancer with the right diet and supplements. I’m due for another blood test, MRI, etc., but I feel the best I’ve felt in years. And now for a celebration joint of the finest Kush…"

You will notice if you read it that he equates hemp oil with hash oil. If you read the end of it it is obvious that he never stopped smoking it either.
No one would EVER inject hash oil into the blood stream as you are suggesting he did. Intramuscular possibly. Although you do not specifically say he injected it into his veins your post intimates that is how it was done. But again it does not matter how the drug gets in does it. It is the drug, not the manner of ingestion that counts.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

jennylives wrote:
Nobody has died from marijuana use. Ever.

Apparently, you're wrong again.

Marijuana Use Increases Risk of Traffic Crashes and Deaths

A meta-analysis was conducted using nine epidemiological studies of motor vehicle collisions that measured recent cannabis use and also included control groups. Experimental and simulation studies were excluded.

The results indicated that driving under the influence of cannabis was associated with a 92% increased risk of vehicular crashes. Important is the fact that such driving was associated with a 110% increase in fatal crashes.

It appears that the public is generally unaware of the significant risk of marijuana use to trafic accidents and deaths.

We have made great strides in reducing alcohol-related traffic crashes and fatalities. We must continue doing so. But we must also be directing our preventive efforts to additional major causes of vehicular deaths, including marijuana use and cell phone use.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I bolded the word use for a reason. Try again.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

^^^ Using marijuana increases your chance of a car crash by 92% and death by 110%.

Just because you haven't died in a stoned crash yet doesn't mean you aren't at risk of death from marijuana use.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

You're not dying form the use, you're dying from the car. Try again.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

And, again, quote where I have said I use any substance.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

jennylives wrote:You're not dying form the use, you're dying from the car. Try again.

Yeah, the car crashed on its own 110% more often and killed you. Try again.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

To be fair, I don't recall jennylives speaking up about personally using pot and I get the fact that those under any influence haven't actually died from imbibing when in a car crash but from the crash itself.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

butcher99 wrote:
try this quote from an article.
"After I came out with the news last June that a cancer doctor told me I had prostrate cancer and suggested a high frequency treatment that is not approved in America and could only be done in Mexico at the cost of $25,000, I immediately looked at alternatives. I contacted my nephew in Vancouver, who was about to become a doctor, and he suggested I meet with a Dr. McKinnon in Victoria, BC. That doctor changed my diet and put me on supplements, and within a year I brought my PSA numbers down drastically and eliminated the cancer threat. I also treated the condition with hemp oil (hash oil). With the diet, the supplements and the hash oil, plus a session with a world-renowned healer, Adam Dreamhealer, I’m cancer-free. That’s right, I kicked cancer’s *bleep*! So the magic plant does cure cancer with the right diet and supplements. I’m due for another blood test, MRI, etc., but I feel the best I’ve felt in years. And now for a celebration joint of the finest Kush…"

You will notice if you read it that he equates hemp oil with hash oil. If you read the end of it it is obvious that he never stopped smoking it either.
No one would EVER inject hash oil into the blood stream as you are suggesting he did. Intramuscular possibly. Although you do not specifically say he injected it into his veins your post intimates that is how it was done. But again it does not matter how the drug gets in does it. It is the drug, not the manner of ingestion that counts.

Watch the video. http://www.celebritynetworth.com/video/ ... 517393060/

Hemp oil and Hash oil are different. Which leads to me believe that either the written article is false and meant to mislead or he used both, or simply an editorial mistake.
Last edited by driveangry on Oct 3rd, 2013, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

jennylives wrote:You're not dying form the use, you're dying from the car. Try again.

Well, technically you don't die from a car. You die from the car suddenly stopping into a concrete barrier or another car.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

True.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Well, technically you don't die from a car. You die from the car suddenly stopping into a concrete barrier or another car.

That would be due to the driver being under the influence.
Last edited by driveangry on Oct 3rd, 2013, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

With IQs on average 8 points lower among young pot smokers than those who abstain from the addiction, one can see that the potential for personal harm may be lost on the users. The smart ones aren't the ones who are doing stupid things. It follows that the dumb ones are.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

Rwede wrote:
Apparently, you're wrong again.

Marijuana Use Increases Risk of Traffic Crashes and Deaths

A meta-analysis was conducted using nine epidemiological studies of motor vehicle collisions that measured recent cannabis use and also included control groups. Experimental and simulation studies were excluded.

The results indicated that driving under the influence of cannabis was associated with a 92% increased risk of vehicular crashes. Important is the fact that such driving was associated with a 110% increase in fatal crashes.

It appears that the public is generally unaware of the significant risk of marijuana use to trafic accidents and deaths.

We have made great strides in reducing alcohol-related traffic crashes and fatalities. We must continue doing so. But we must also be direct our preventive efforts to additional major causes of vehicular deaths, including marijuana use and cell phone use.

It would appear no so much....
First off, no where in your study (to which you provide no links, again) no one died. It says there is a significant risk but does not specifically name one death.
Secondly even if someone did die in a crash after smoking a joint it is not the marijuana that killed them but the crash. It may be a contributing factor but it did not kill them.
They may not even have been at fault. They just had it in a blood sample. Since marijuana stays in the blood stream for 30 days after use they may not even have been impaired by marijuana but just had residue from a few weeks ago.
One problem that people have had who have done studies attempting to compare alcohol and marijuana impairment is that when a person is really stoned they know it and refuse to drive or is they do they drive too slow. They have no such problem with alcohol impairment.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “B.C.”