RCMP road check

goatboy
Guru

Re: RCMP road check

Post by goatboy »

Charles Whitman II wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qByJPd6ELHE

Why didn't you show us a video from Iraq? It has as much relevance to us in CANADA! *removed/Jo* we are not in the US.
Charles Whitman II
Board Meister

Post by Charles Whitman II »

No matter how you slice it, it's all the same baloney.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhCSFGlFeP8
"If you're going to be crazy, find a way to get paid for it, or they're gonna lock you up." - HST
Charles Whitman II
Board Meister

When you get pulled over, follow these steps to make your life more adventurous and entertaining:

- Refuse to pull over. Who knows, it might be a fake cop. Better drive to a police station or call them while driving to verify. It's your right as a Canadian citizen.

- When you finally stop, demand to see the officer's ID and badge. Also, ask for a business card, they're required to carry one and should give them out on official business. If no business card is produced, tell the revenue agent to pound sand.

(Some of the smartest stuff I've seen in this thread.... as for the stuff about "telling" and advising... I engage in no conversation strangers at the side of the road)
"If you're going to be crazy, find a way to get paid for it, or they're gonna lock you up." - HST
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Charles Whitman II wrote:No matter how you slice it, it's all the same baloney.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhCSFGlFeP8

the guy had his camera on just looking for a fight with these cops so he could put it on youtube and guess what he did.its a simple road check. if he answerd the simple question he would of been on his way in 30 seconds, but the guy had to pull a prima donna act.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Charles Whitman II
Board Meister

he wasn't looking for a fight, he was looking to be on his way. He did not have to tell anybody where he was coming from or where he was going.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to be civil and have a civil conversation. By all means if it goes south, then clam up, but why have that type of attitude right off the bat on something simple like this? I get it for an unlawful search, or entry into your home without a warrant, those are very invasive. But a simple conversation, what do you gain by being like that?
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Charles Whitman II wrote:he wasn't looking for a fight, he was looking to be on his way. He did not have to tell anybody where he was coming from or where he was going.

I guess you can look at it very black and white. He didn't have to, but why not? A Police officer doesn't have to do a lot of things they do, but they do out of courtesy. Can it not be reciprocal?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

here is my personal experience with roadblocks with the rcmp over the years. about 7 times i think
-cop leans over into my car window a little to see if i smell of alcohol i assume
-cop asks me have you been drinking tonight sir
-me-no officer
cop -have a good night
me- you to officer
anything more is all about you drama queens ,cop bashing
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

There's a lot of things that you don't *have* to do, but there's a lot of things that they don't *have* to do either. I've gotten warnings when other people have gotten tickets (pulled over at the same time) and I'm pretty sure it's because I was polite and helpful and the other guy was screaming like an idiot.

I find the people who intentionally try to make things difficult for the police are the ones always whining about how they didn't get a warning.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yap
10/10
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Why don't those people who are always so incensed that the police had the unmitigated gall to check them (along with many other drivers on the road) get even with the police by permanently parking their vehicle and walking for a few years. They should make sure to send a letter to the police explaining their decision and pointing out there is absolutely nothing the police can do to make them change their mind.

Can you imagine how disappointed and angry the police would be to realize that there was one less ill mannered, obnoxious driver for them to contend with? Perfect justice knows no bounds.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Donald G wrote:Why don't those people who are always so incensed that the police had the unmitigated gall to check them (along with many other drivers on the road) get even with the police by permanently parking their vehicle and walking for a few years. They should make sure to send a letter to the police explaining their decision and pointing out there is absolutely nothing the police can do to make them change their mind.

Can you imagine how disappointed and angry the police would be to realize that there was one less ill mannered, obnoxious driver for them to contend with? Perfect justice knows no bounds.

I'm doing that very thing...Except , my beef is more with ICBC and the OSMV..

They called me and told me if I didn't renew soon , I'd have to re test and were wondering when I was going to re activate my account ... I mean drivers licence....

I told them I like my money and don't want to give it to them...

The phone went silent for a moment and then I got the " Just to inform you " warnings..

They ARE disappointed ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To MAPearce ... Since our DLs are due on our birthday I think the least they could have done was say they were phoning to wish you Birthday Greetings and then just happen to mention the DL issue. Client satisfaction and all that.

Did they also happen to mention what your "accumulated driving misconduct fees" would add to the price of your license? Just a wild guess on my part.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

My fines have been paid in full since July 2009 and I haven't had a licence since then.

They don't miss me one bit , they just miss my fine money from when I was a cab driver.. I don't miss them either and I'm not short on money since I gave up driving..Funny how that works huh ?

Now I haven't had the chance to ask the cops how they feel about that , but then again , there's plenty of cabbies to pick off .. Always will be .

And since I sold my 350 Cholvo I haven't had any problems in a road check , but MAN did I get screwed by them when I did own it.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Charles Whitman II
Board Meister

For the record, I am not ill-mannered nor obnoxious when interacting with police. I don't breach the peace, so I have no business with with a peace officer.

I have a valid DL.
I have valid insurance.
I have a clean abstract.

Doesn't mean I have to help him/her along with their fishing trip.

and yes, they should provide me with a business card (as required) to prove they aren't somebody in a costume with a gun.

Return to “B.C.”