ICBC - The biggest ripoff ever

skytech2

ICBC - The biggest ripoff ever

Post by skytech2 »

I know that BC means bring cash but I don't even know what to say about ICBC.
My motorcycle was $133 to insure in Alberta - $850 here
- pretty well the same coverage

My F150 was $655 in Alberta - $680 here but only basic insurance - to get the same it was $1,040

My trailer ( I have 2) was $100 1 time in Alberta for the life of the trailer.
In BC $97 and $68 every year.

We are totally getting ripped off.

Look up on google an Alberta insurer and call in and say you are moving there and need a quote and see the difference.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: ICBC - The biggest ripoff ever

Post by grammafreddy »

How much would it cost in Alberta if you got a speeding ticket? How much in BC?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

BC = Bring Cash.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

skytech2 wrote:We are totally getting ripped off.
Maybe you should move back to Alberta if it's so bad here. Personally, I think car insurance quite affordable here because I only spend 1% of my income car insurance. This compares to 4% of my income going toward MSP premiums.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

I moved here from Alberta 3 yrs ago.
My vehicles do cost more to insure BUT my house insurance is way less than what I paid for house insurance in Alberta.
It all balances out..........
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

THE motor league has a loyalty discount that makes it affordable. Govt. ins. is always more expensive because you have not a choice, tx. ndp.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Insurance is insurance. In BC, it's one group screwing you. In AB, you get to choose who screws you.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

If ICBC were run the way the NDP intended it to be run, that is a break even basis,an insurance corporation for the benefit of all BC'ers.Instead the Liberal government has turned it into a cash cow,inflated rates to boost up the corporations surplus capital,so they can siphon the money off into general revenue,basically every rate hike is another tax from your Liberal government.In comparison Manitoba and Saskatchewan also have government run insurance and only carry a 20% of the value of premiums written annually, around two months worth of revenue. Saskatchewan falls in the 20 per cent range, again on the order of two months revenues.This Liberal government have forced ICBC to carry 65% .Then when they have a surplus the Liberal government siphons the money away
There is no reason except this Liberal governments mismanagement for the outrageous ICBC rates we have to pay.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

ICBC also has managers that have no one underneath them. Great use of taxpayer money. I know someone who used to work for them.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

skytech2 wrote:I know that BC means bring cash but I don't even know what to say about ICBC.
My motorcycle was $133 to insure in Alberta - $850 here
- pretty well the same coverage

My F150 was $655 in Alberta - $680 here but only basic insurance - to get the same it was $1,040

My trailer ( I have 2) was $100 1 time in Alberta for the life of the trailer.
In BC $97 and $68 every year.

Now, is this with good driver discounts in BC, or full bore new driver price?
If you have a clean record and provide an "accident free" letter from your previous insurer in Alberta, you will be eligible for discounts.

When I moved here, my rates were basically the same(with the discount), maybe 30 bucks a vehicle higher.
My house Insurance is cheaper here than in Alberta(by $150 a year)
Trailer Insurance in BC compared to Alberta, is a Rip off, and cash grab!

Also, I don't know where you could find motorcycle insurance in Alberta for $133, even if it only was for 6 months.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

UltraViolet wrote:Also, I don't know where you could find motorcycle insurance in Alberta for $133, even if it only was for 6 months.

Possible under 400 cc I believe. I heard you can get it here for that displacement for around $400, so reasonable to assume AB would be less.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Waste of time trying to convince people ICBC is far more expensive,I was paying FAR less out east with private insurance with same coverage.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

jimmy4321 wrote:Waste of time trying to convince people ICBC is far more expensive,I was paying FAR less out east with private insurance with same coverage.

I paid almost half of what I'm paying here plus I had better coverage, mind you it was overseas but still LOL!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I don't even know what to say about ICBC.

What ? you don't know ??

ICBC = I . Can't . Believe . the Cost.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

jimmy4321 wrote:Waste of time trying to convince people ICBC is far more expensive,

Since they're the only game in town, no point in complaining about it. Statement of the obvious, really.

Return to “B.C.”