Make up your mind ... sheesh!

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Make up your mind ... sheesh!

Post by grammafreddy »

Vernon men caught in Saskatoon bust
by Wayne Moore - Kelowna - Story: 101461
Oct 28, 2013 / 12:59 pm

Two men from Vernon are in custody in Saskatoon following a drug bust in the Saskatchewan city last Thursday.

The two, age 30 and 45, were arrested following an investigation by RCMP and Saskatoon Police.

Photo: Castanet Staff - File Photo

They were scheduled to appear in a Saskatoon courtroom Monday.

According to Saskatoon Police Services, an RCMP roving traffic unit informed them of a traffic stop on Highway 7 near Vanscoy, SK, about 25km southwest of Saskatoon on Oct. 24.

Two Kelowna residents were inside the vehicle.

RCMP also discovered 13 pounds of marijuana divided into 26 packages.

The man inside the vehicle had a license to be in possession of medical marijuana and the two were allowed to continue on to Saskatoon.

Saskatoon police say they later witnesses the same two Kelowna residents meet with two men at a hotel in Saskatoon.

The Kelowna residents then left the city.

Police arrested the two Vernon men as they left the hotel in possession of 13 pounds of marijuana divided into 26 packages.

They both face charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking.

No names have yet been released.

We are following up with the RCMP to see if any further charges will be contemplated on the men from Kelowna.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Make up your mind ... sheesh!

Post by Fancy »

Vernon men and Kelowna men all in Saskatoon? Kelowna men had the medical marijuana and sold it to the Vernon men who were arrested. Because the Kelowna men sold the whole batch they could be arrested too on drug charges as obviously the separate batches should have gone to different folks for medical reasons. Clear as mud?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Tori_K
Fledgling

Post by Tori_K »

Now it makes sense to go to a secluded area to do your drop, but really, is Saskatoon the choice these guys made for that?? Does that hotel have good pie perhaps?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Castanet news articles have slipped badly in the last while in terms of continuity, spelling, and grammar, GF.

It seems there is little proofreading, if any at all, occurring. Perhaps it's a non-issue for the Casta-masses, but I have a nagging disdain for crappy attention to detail in journalism. Poor spelling and grammar cheapen the story.

Carmen Weld wrote: Deputy Fire Chief Lowrie says an altercation did occur while his team was battling the blaze and one person, he heard was drunk, was taken away by RCMP, but he did not witness it himself. Lowrie says he doesn’t now what happened or why, just that there was a fight.

Carmen Weld wrote:She called 9-1-1 because she thought the house would catch on fire and emergency personal told them to get out of the house right away.

Carmen Weld wrote:When emergency personal arrived on the scene police did a Breathalyzer and told witnesses there was no alcohol detected (not confirmed by police) but they have not ruled out distracted driving and will be checking the drivers phone for any phone activity around that time.

That's just on the page to which you refer, GF.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Fancy wrote:Vernon men and Kelowna men all in Saskatoon? Kelowna men had the medical marijuana and sold it to the Vernon men who were arrested. Because the Kelowna men sold the whole batch they could be arrested too on drug charges as obviously the separate batches should have gone to different folks for medical reasons. Clear as mud?

Is that what the story was saying? Image
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That's what I get out of it - 4 men, 2 from Kelowna and 2 from Vernon. The packages changed hands so the Vernon men were caught holding the goods. Am I missing something? Where they met and why is a mystery.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Yeah, Saskatoon is a long way to go just to pull a switcheroo.

And I agree, journalism is slipping badly. Oh, well, we have spell-check!!! hahahahahaha

Tori_K
Fledgling

Post by Tori_K »

grammafreddy wrote:Oh, well, we have spell-check!!! hahahahahaha

Just my personnel opinion, but I wouldn't put too much stalk in the spell cheque features to fix some of those issues.
TRockCastanet

Post by TRockCastanet »

Yes folks the story is very strange - why did the drug deal go down in Saskatoon and not Vernon or Kelowna? We will ask that question and we will also ask why the men from Kelowna were not charged.

It is a little tough to follow, but it is the truth (according to the cops): Two men from Kelowna and two men from Vernon meet for a drug deal in Saskatoon. The two from Kelowna go free, the two from Vernon get charged.

Yes a few typos and word swaps get past us - we post 400 stories a week and sometimes we miss things. On weekends, nights and mornings we only have one person on and it can be tough to catch your own mistakes.

If you see a mistake, help us out and send me a note to [email protected] - we are always trying to improve. During weekdays I see most of the stories so I'm happy to take the heat and your letters.

Cheers - and thanks for the help.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Fancy wrote:Vernon men and Kelowna men all in Saskatoon? Kelowna men had the medical marijuana and sold it to the Vernon men who were arrested. Because the Kelowna men sold the whole batch they could be arrested too on drug charges as obviously the separate batches should have gone to different folks for medical reasons. Clear as mud?

I thought it was the Verowna men who had the medical marijuana and the Kelnon men were the ones who bought it. Good to hear no one from Win Country or Pennerland was involved though.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

What I dont get is how can someone have a permit from the govt to legally possess 13 pounds of pot.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Tori_K wrote:Now it makes sense to go to a secluded area to do your drop, but really, is Saskatoon the choice these guys made for that?? Does that hotel have good pie perhaps?

If you were to travel seven miles north stop on a side road, what's saying the dirtbag wouldn't drop you with a shovel and steal your dope.

That is why most of these people like to deal in places where you wouldn't bring a shovel.
Tori_K
Fledgling

Post by Tori_K »

Ken7 wrote:That is why most of these people like to deal in places where you wouldn't bring a shovel.

Right, they bring automatic weaponry to hotels.

Return to “B.C.”