B.C. school bans students from touching each other

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: B.C. school bans students from touching each other

Post by flamingfingers »

Clapping games without the clapping.... Hmmm....
Chill
Tori_K
Fledgling

Post by Tori_K »

buy them a bunch of zorbs:

Edit: yikes that image was larger than expected
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

I'm sure the teachers love it, gives them time to text on their smart phones instead of watching the kids now that they can't do anything.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Tori_K wrote:buy them a bunch of zorbs:

Edit: yikes that image was larger than expected

at this rate might as well.what a joke,how could grown a's adults sit in a room and come up with this,and think any part of it was a good idea????
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I suppose it depends on whose kids are getting hurt.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

man the good old days of building snowforts and having 1 hour snowballs fights at lunch time.i do not recall 911 ever being called because someone got hurt,every red blooded Canadian kid should experience a few good snowballs to the face,god knows I did maybe it's a back east thing and not westcoast thing , part of are culture ,I think so anyway
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

shaking hands is the devil.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Jo wrote:And boys are not allowed to use fingers as guns. Boys are rough-and-tumble, and they love roughhousing, and guns, too. They don't grow up to be gun-totin' rednecks, either, hich seems to be the overriding fear of many.

Boys are the ones who really suffer with these stupid new rules.

Agreed, boys certainly learn a lot of social and physical concepts as smaller children through rough house play (to a limit of course) What we are forcing on them more and more is to be simply more like little girls, which they are unable to do as the brains in boys and girls work so differently.

(certainly some boys fair better this route as some girls do the other but in general, boys rough house and is has a learning function to it.)

I think making the kids and parent accountable for the inappropriate actions is far more important than banning all "touching"

lmao hassel99

A no touching policy would be better suited in junior high to help the world lose those stupid "teen mom" reality shows.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and that's the truth
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Snowball fights were banned in some schools (east and west) decades ago because of the nitwits putting rocks and ice inside the snowballs - kids did get those in the face - not fun. Some schools asked that a couple of TV shows be off the kids radar because they'd act up (kicking each other) and then there's the extreme fighting/wrestling etc. where kids went overboard and grabbing each other from behind. I'd say chat with those that go to the extremes instead of punishing the whole bunch.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

no rocks in are school yard snowballs fights when I was a kid, but then again that was back in the 70's
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Schools banned them in the '60's (coast to coast) so I suppose it depends on what happened in different school districts. I wouldn't be surprised the current ban has to do with parents not getting satisfaction from the disciplinary route schools take.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

guess so. really banned in the 60;s.i went to the same school from grade 1 to grade 6 and we we never told we could not have snowball fights
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

The whole freakin' world is taking nannyism too far.

Kids can't be kids anymore because they are so micromanaged - by parents, by schools, by society.

You can't do this, you can't do that. Mom's shuttlebus streaking all over town delivering kids here, there and everywhere with a stop at the drive-through for dinner on the run.

Am soooo very glad I live in a small town now and that I was able to raise my kids in small towns for the most part. Things are more laid back in small towns and neighbours watch out for all the kids around their homes.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I agree the nanny state has gone too far. This rule is beyond ridiculous and dangerous. Childhood is when we are learning boundaries, feelings and how to function as a human being. It's a time for exploration and mistakes. Not allowing touching is fostering a generation of sociopaths in a time where empathy is already in decline. I would tell my kids to ignore that rule. The only touching not allowed is any that causes harm or makes someone uncomfortable.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “B.C.”