RCMP Const. sues force's process server

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: RCMP Const. sues force's process server

Post by Fancy »

So far there are only allegations the process server did anything wrong - I don't recall hearing anything from the building manager to confirm what happened.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To lakevixen ...

I assume that you must be equating "tricking" someone to "breaking the law"? OMO they are two completely different matters that may or may not overlap in some instances.
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

Looks to me that the process server had to become creative to serve documents on someone who was evading service.

I might hire that process server when I have the need.
Tori_K
Fledgling

Post by Tori_K »

Being "creative" and coming up with a good cover story is fine, but I think it crosses the line if the story is libelous - which seems to be plausible if the cover story gave false accusations of a crime being committed.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I would be surprised if the process server actually said anything libelous to anyone outside of his organization or his organization's employer. As is always used by defense lawyers "I suggest" or "I believe" and similar words cover a huge array of allegations that a normal person would likely consider libel.

The best defense is an all out "cat spitting" offense of multiple allegations. Charades to keep the client happy and those sensitive to public criticism off balance and at bay.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Donald G wrote:To lakevixen ...

I assume that you must be equating "tricking" someone to "breaking the law"? OMO they are two completely different matters that may or may not overlap in some instances.

Wonder if this officer ever used trickery to get what she wanted.

I'd truly like to know why she is in the position she is. If we did you might not feel sorry for her. Karma is a funny thing. There is a number of problem females in that detachment and maybe it's time to clean house there.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Consistently pretending not to be at home by refusing to answer the door pager seems like a good "trick" being played ON the process server by the female member who evidently wants the police to keep paying her even though she has not worked in four years.

Her "fitness for duty" and "possible medical condition" are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things. Since people on "stress leave" are not replaced the other members of the detachment have been doing her work for the last four years. Work that she is not performing that she will continue to be paid for until the police find a way to serve her with the documents to have a court continue with the COMPLETELY FAIR assessment and decision needed.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Donald G wrote:

Her "fitness for duty" and "possible medical condition" are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things. Since people on "stress leave" are not replaced the other members of the detachment have been doing her work for the last four years. Work that she is not performing that she will continue to be paid for until the police find a way to serve her with the documents to have a court continue with the COMPLETELY FAIR assessment and decision needed.

As I stated that detachment has many females playing the game. I wonder if she is the one seen jumping off houseboats and other physical activities, although she claims to have a lower back injury.

I know how it is to work shorthanded, and have the public question you why other members are off sick. They seem fine to enjoy life, golfing, skiing etc, with a back injury.

In short it's called Fraud and you would think cops would know about that! To bad the crown wouldn't prosecute a few to set a example, it might just cure some long term illnesses.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

As I stated that detachment has many females playing the game. I wonder if she is the one seen jumping off houseboats and other physical activities, although she claims to have a lower back injury.

I know how it is to work shorthanded, and have the public question you why other members are off sick. They seem fine to enjoy life, golfing, skiing etc, with a back injury.

In short it's called Fraud and you would think cops would know about that! To bad the crown wouldn't prosecute a few to set a example, it might just cure some long term illnesses.

I knew a cop in armstong (DE) whom was off with a back injury.He bleed the system for quite a few years yet had no problem playing golf.I know another one in Vernon (rs) whom was off with mental stress but managed to get married.have kids and run a successful business. Its called knowing how to use and abuse the system BUT in a lot of ways u have to blame the RCMP for letting these people get away with the situation as there seems to be little accountability on either side
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To rvrepairnut ...

You and I agree on your last post. RCMP management got "bogged down" in dealing with such situations with the onset of the "politically correct" recruitment of marginally unacceptable recruits from various politically correct "group of the moment" factions. Then came the promotion of marginally acceptable but politically correct people thus recruited.

Thrown into the equation was the adversity of the RCMP to realistically deal with Nepotistic behavior problems that set a precedent for less qualified people to remain in the RCMP in order for RCMP management to avoid bad publicity. The increasing number of problem people were either transferred or a "non active operational" position was found in which to hide their significant lack of qualifications from the public.

The hard workers who were fully qualified have ended up carrying the work load of every officer who failed or refused to deal with their share of the "on the street" policing duties. The "no problems here boss" demanded by the RCMP system has resulted in an accumulation of such people because of the past refusal of RCMP management to face reality.

The "charade" has continued for so long now that even many of the fully qualified hard workers in the RCMP have reached the breaking point.
Last edited by Donald G on Dec 20th, 2013, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

Donald G wrote:To rvrepairnut ...

You and I agree on your last post. RCMP management got "bogged down" in dealing with such situations with the onset of the "politically correct" recruitment of marginally unacceptable recruits from various politically correct "group of the moment" factions. Then came the promotion of marginally acceptable but politically correct people thus recruited.

Thrown into the equation was the adversity of the RCMP to realistically deal with Nepotistic behavior problems that set a precedent for less qualified people to remain in the RCMP in order for RCMP management to avoid bad publicity. The increasing number of problem people were either transferred or a "non active operational" position was found in which to hide their significant lack of qualifications from the public.

The hard workers who were fully qualified have ended up carrying the work load of every officer who failed or refused to deal with their share of the "on the street" policing duties. The "no problems here boss" demanded by the RCMP system has resulted in an accumulation of such people because of the past refusal of RCMP management to face reality.

now add in racial minoritys and females and u have what we have today.PROBLEMS
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To rvrepairnut ...

Just to clarify; I feel that there are fully qualified females and members of minority groups in the RCMP just as there are fully qualified people from every other group.

The ones who can not perform their FULL RANGE OF DUTIES, including physical confrontations, and thus develop an aversion to showing up for work are the ones who must be gotten rid of. For the most part they are the ones who have used the long term stress leave process as an EXCUSE not to go to work BUT CONTINUE GETTING THEIR PAYCHECKS for years on end.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The RCMP having any number of officers on "stress leave" can have significant ramifications for those who must carry their workload, as well as the workloads of other officers routinely unavailable for duty. Perhaps the following facts will put a long term stress leave absence more into perspective.

A routine ten officer general enforcement shift, (upon which a members work load is calculated), can easily (and often is) reduced to half that number by any of the following;

OFFICERS ON STRESS LEAVE ARE NOT REPLACED ON THE SHIFT.
Officers on other (physical) medical leave are not replaced.
Officers seconded to special projects at the detachments (i.e. rodeos & fairs) are not replaced.
Officers routinely pulled off the road to attend local court, sometimes for a week or more, are not replaced.
Officers called out to dive team duties (usually at other detachments) are not replaced.
Officers who return to their old post for court (including travel time) are not replaced.
Officers granted alternate days off for their 12 Stat Holidays are not replaced.
Officers attending Coroner's hearings are not replaced.
Officers attending Emergency Response Training practices are not replaced.
Officers attending yearly CPR training are not replaced.
Officers requalifying for 3 to 5 year Emergency Response Medical Certificate are not replaced.
Officers called out to perform actual ERT duties (anywhere in the province) are not replaced.
Officers testifying in civil court regarding criminal matters or accidents are not replaced.
Officers away on in service police training courses are not replaced.
Officers attending their annual firearms qualifications are not replaced.
Officers seconded to fill in at other (small) detachments are not replaced.
Officers taking their annual refresher course regarding Emergency Driving Rules are not replaced.
Officers seconded to perform large functions (ie Olympics) away from their detachment are not replaced.
Officers seconded to investigate serious local files (murders) are not replaced.
Officers transferred out are not replaced until the incoming officer arrives, sometimes weeks later.
"Acceptable manpower shortages" are considered the norm in BC. Those positions are simply not staffed.
Officer on annual leave are not replaced.
Officers who work overtime and are granted lieu time off in payment are not replaced.
Officers on maternity leave are not replaced.
Officers on paternity leave are not replaced.
Officers suspended from duty pending internal investigations are not replaced.
Officers seconded to carry out internal investigations are not replaced.

What starts out to be a ten member shift can easily be reduced to half or less on any given day/night. The officers remaining are always expected to carry the workload for those unavailable for shift. And to retain and carry out the sometimes associated time consuming investigations and Court in addition to their own file load.

Having a member who is unable to perform the full range of duties on the shift, as one of the remaining five available for work, is the next thing to having another vacant position.

Overtime is sometimes paid for officers from other shifts to fill in for those missing, but that simply creates a whole additional set of problems for the officer and his own shift.

Return to “B.C.”