Babies in Prison?

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Babies in Prison?

Post by Rwede »

You got it Pontiac. Incarceration in these countries that allow lenient rules fail to be a deterrent to women to the deterrent level that we have in Canada.

Hilarious, though, that you are spitting and sputtering as a few posts back you were certain that I wouldn't be able to provide solid evidence to refute your BS.

Now that you're beaten like Reg in an election, you might as well go shopping and find a nice Christmas gift for me. I like Walmart stuff. And don't shoplift, 'cause your kid won't be able to stay with you in the klink if'n ya get caught!

LOLOLOLOLOL!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I posted:

And your point is? That somehow allowing babies to stay with their mothers is CAUSING the higher crime rate? Sheesh..
(closing in on 30 - for shame RW)

Your 'link' showed nothing of the kind. You now have your P(iled)H(igher and) D(eeper).
Chill
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Okay, I will.

Percentage of female prisoners:

Sweden: 5.3%
Germany: 5.3%
Netherlands: 7.4%
Russia: 8.1%
Iceland: 4.0%
Spain: 7.9%
Portugal: 5.3%
Switzerland: 6.1%
Denmark: 4.5%
England/Wales: 5.0%

Canada: 5.0%

Overwhelmingly, with only a couple of exceptions, the countries you listed have higher (up to 62% higher) female incarceration proportions. On average at 5.9% female incarceration, the countries that allow children to be in prison with their mothers are experiencing rates 18% higher than Canada's female incarceration rate.

Thanks for asking, Flaming. Spin that one.

http://chartsbin.com/view/t5b

Club Fed for women. Bring your kids. Have fun.
doesnt prove a thing , except the fact your not a mother.now if christy clark went to jail would you deny her lil amish?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Down, down, down she goes, where she stops, nobody knows.

Maybe digging skills are good for women who want to break out of prison, especially in those countries with the 18% higher female incarceration rates that allow kids in prison.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Still proves nothing in relation to women raising babies in prison. Nice try, no cigar.
*stop this please!*/ferri
Chill
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

no all of us are ok,with deadbeat mothers raising babies in prison,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the truth wrote:if being pregnant.is not enough of a deterrent not to go to prison ,nothing is.then let someone else raise the kids

like i said
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

jennylives wrote:They are more aware they are with their mother than they are in a prison. I'm for it if the mother is otherwise capable of looking after them.

When people ask, so where were you born? I reply in Northern Saskatchewan. Can you imagine these kids, born in Prince Albert penitentiary.

Just wait about twenty years, some lawyer will start a class action law suit for unlawful detention and these poor children will then be awarded a large sum of money.

Now if a mother is a lifer, will the child be too??
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

It would seem to me that the women who are in prison, are possibly (probably) in prison for drug related offenses. If that is the case, then the children they bear will need more care than a facility such as a prison could offer; drug-addicted and FAS to name a few issues?

I don't believe that prison is an environment conducive to healthy child-rearing, much less dealing with the conditions those babies were born with (courtesy of their mother's poor choices).

Honestly, should anyone who makes the kind of choices that lands one in jail, be responsible for another life? Especially when babies are so fragile . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Most healthy babies are anything but fragile. Of course, if the child is born to a druggie mom or alcoholic mom (stats to prove the numbers?) they would be apprehended. Same as what happens on the 'outside'.
Chill
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

flamingfingers wrote:Most healthy babies are anything but fragile. Of course, if the child is born to a druggie mom or alcoholic mom (stats to prove the numbers?) they would be apprehended. Same as what happens on the 'outside'.

You would hope, that while doing time they might be model mothers. I know I dream in color!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

You would hope, that while doing time they might be model mothers. I know I dream in color!

There has never been a 'model' or perfect mother ever! and there never will be one on the face of this planet.
Chill
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

You're right, that's because nobody's perfect!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

quote="Ken7"]
jennylives wrote:They are more aware they are with their mother than they are in a prison. I'm for it if the mother is otherwise capable of looking after them.

When people ask, so where were you born? I reply in Northern Saskatchewan. Can you imagine these kids, born in Prince Albert penitentiary.

Just wait about twenty years, some lawyer will start a class action law suit for unlawful detention and these poor children will then be awarded a large sum of money.

Now if a mother is a lifer, will the child be too??[/quote]

wow wow wow, now thats the truth 10/10
danmartin
Board Meister

Post by danmartin »

[quote="Rwede"]
Overwhelmingly, with only a couple of exceptions, the countries you listed have higher (up to 62% higher) female incarceration proportions. On average at 5.9% female incarceration, the countries that allow children to be in prison with their mothers are experiencing rates 18% higher than Canada's female incarceration rate.

Thanks for asking, Flaming. Spin that one.

http://chartsbin.com/view/t5b

Nice spin of the numbers but I think if you look you will see that percentage of women in prison varies considerable from country to country and that really has nothing to do with whether children are allowed to stay with their mothers. The U.S. which generally doesn't allow children to stay with their mother has a 76% higher female incarceration rate then Canada?

Return to “B.C.”