Woman murdered in Surrey

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Woman murdered in Surrey

Post by the truth »

quote="lakevixen"]
the truth wrote:good chance it was a low life crack head looking to rob here for his next high,nothing more nothing less and ended up killing her for it.this is why we need the death penalty back in this country.if they catch the scum he will get his day in court will whine like a little babby to the judge that he has an addiction .and will do 3 years in jail if were lucky

Americans Have Death penalty and it doesnt prevent anything[/quote]

my hole point is ,who ever killed this lady should get the death penalty,so they can never do it again in the future
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

the truth wrote:good chance it was a low life crack head looking to rob here for his next high,nothing more nothing less and ended up killing her for it.this is why we need the death penalty back in this country.if they catch the scum he will get his day in court will whine like a little babby to the judge that he has an addiction .and will do 3 years in jail if were lucky

Americans Have Death penalty and it doesnt prevent anything[/quote]

my hole point is ,who ever killed this lady should get the death penalty,so they can never do it again in the future[/quote]

totally 100% agree
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

If you believe American crime stats, their serious crime is dropping. May have something to do with locking up scum and putting the death penalty to murderers. Instead of letting them out to do it all over again.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup...........
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

Queen K wrote:If you believe American crime stats, their serious crime is dropping. May have something to do with locking up scum and putting the death penalty to murderers. Instead of letting them out to do it all over again.

Really? Canada has also seen drops in rates of violent crimes and the crime severity index. Perhaps not as large of a drop as the Americans but their rates of violence are generally higher to begin with anyways, especially the rate of homicide. There are also other things going on that would better explain the drop.

Stating that it is because of the death penalty you are inferring that it works and is a better system than what is utilized here so lets take a quick look at some data. Why don't we take a quick look at Washington state as it is the closest state to BC that employs the death penalty:

In 2012 Washington state had a population of 6,897,012 and 206 homicides. That works out to a rate of 2.98 per 100,000 people.

In 2012, BC had a population of 4,543,308 and 71 homicides. That works out to a rate of 1.56 per 100,000 people.

That is almost double our homicide rate and there are many states, which employ the death penalty, that have even higher rates of homicide. So, how does the death penalty work exactly?

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/4tabledatadecoverviewpdf/table_4_crime_in_the_united_states_by_region_geographic_division_and_state_2011-2012.xls

http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/policeservices/shareddocs/crime-trends-police-jurisdiction.pdf
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

It is often said that truth is the first casualty of any war
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

CorkSoaker wrote:So, how does the death penalty work exactly?

Is the death penalty a deterrent? I don't know but what i do know is that it is a 100% solution to that person never doing anything like that to anyone else ever again. I can live with that answer.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Statistics for the last 20 years show that while violent crimes in the States has dropped, states that have life in prison without the possibility of parole still has lower rates than those with the death penalty.
IMO, there is no deterrent for some one sick enough to commit a crime like this in the first place. That being said, it sure would be nice if violent offenders, whether they be first time or chronic, would never see the light of day again. Releasing those who commit heinous crimes or those likely to re-offend (any crime) seems ludicrous. This mom will never get a second chance, why should they?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

uote="ifwisheswerehorses"]
CorkSoaker wrote:So, how does the death penalty work exactly?

Is the death penalty a deterrent? I don't know but what i do know is that it is a 100% solution to that person never doing anything like that to anyone else ever again. I can live with that answer.[/quote]

yup 10/10
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Is the death penalty a deterrent? I don't know but what i do know is that it is a 100% solution to that person never doing anything like that to anyone else ever again. I can live with that answer.

but can you live with killing a innocent person? because that will happen
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Sometimes I wonder which is more disturbing- the kind of people that use violence as a means to their end, or people that profess to be peace full and law abiding that use violence as a means to their end.

Actually, I honestly don't see much of a distinction. Is there "good" violence? "Bad" violence? Is it just perception? The world is a violent place, to be simply put, where everything is "food" to something else. Do we remain within the "rules" of nature or do we aspire to be more, to use our "superior" intellect and sense of right and wrong to evolve? To become more than just another species on this rock that uses violence as means to our ends.

If we don't challenge our inner violent nature we might as well have not descended from the trees.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

WhatThe wrote:Sometimes I wonder which is more disturbing- the kind of people that use violence as a means to their end, or people that profess to be peace full and law abiding that use violence as a means to their end.

Actually, I honestly don't see much of a distinction. Is there "good" violence? "Bad" violence? Is it just perception? The world is a violent place, to be simply put, where everything is "food" to something else. Do we remain within the "rules" of nature or do we aspire to be more, to use our "superior" intellect and sense of right and wrong to evolve? To become more than just another species on this rock that uses violence as means to our ends.

If we don't challenge our inner violent nature we might as well have not descended from the trees.

Actually, statistics suggest that this may be the most peaceable time in our species’s existence. It may not appear to be true, but man is evolving when it comes to his violent nature.
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

ifwisheswerehorses wrote:

No one can deny the level of incapacitation that comes with the death penalty; it is a 100% deterrent for that individual. However, the same level of guarantee cannot be given that every individual executed is not innocent of their crimes. Steven Truscott was the last individual initially sentenced to death in Canada and he was convicted on some deplorable forensic testimony. He was only fully exonerated in 2007.

There are other means of effective incapacitation legislation used in this country as is. No need for the barbaric practice of the death penalty.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

It is often said that truth is the first casualty of any war
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Really. Go tell that to the victims family who has to endure every three years the scum suckers attempt at parole. Bullets are cheap and a quick final solution.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

rookie314 wrote:Really. Go tell that to the victims family who has to endure every three years the scum suckers attempt at parole. Bullets are cheap and a quick final solution.

What part of THIS do you not get:

However, the same level of guarantee cannot be given that every individual executed is not innocent of their crimes.
Chill
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup...10/10

Return to “B.C.”