Woman murdered in Surrey

WhatThe

Re: Woman murdered in Surrey

Post by WhatThe »

rookie314 wrote:Really. Go tell that to the victims family who has to endure every three years the scum suckers attempt at parole. Bullets are cheap and a quick final solution.

Never mind innocent people being executed, I'd like to think that most people aren't out for blood or vengeance or some misguided sense of justice like some here (too bad it appears there are many who agree with "eye for an eye") If it were me, ya at first I'd want him dead, but as time went on in order to heal I'd have to forgive and move on. Hangin on to the hatred some feel undermines peace of the soul. I also wouldn't want to be the guy who flips the switch and if one does, that's pretty *bleep* sick and not far removed from the killer, the only difference is some " authority" said it was legal and there is vengeance in the heart.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

rookie314 wrote:Really. Go tell that to the victims family who has to endure every three years the scum suckers attempt at parole. Bullets are cheap and a quick final solution.

for the jews yes it was working, ask them about finalsolutions . if theres a chance a innocent person can be put to death , rthen its not a answer to anything
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I guess we have to weigh some anecdotal number of innocent people who were wrongly convicted of crimes and executed vs. very real innocent people who get executed by criminals every day.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup 10/10
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Beerhunter341 »

Pretty hard to argue the fact that someone like Pickton shouldn't be sentenced to death. I'm sure that there is no chance he is innocent. Having the victim's families look at his face every so often has to be very traumatic to them. Same with a handful of others locked up in our prison system.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Captain Awesome wrote:I guess we have to weigh some anecdotal number of innocent people who were wrongly convicted of crimes and executed vs. very real innocent people who get executed by criminals every day.

4 cops killed a guy in vancouver airport wheres his familys justice? you going to start a campaign have them cops put to death? or every drunk that kills someone or lets go one step further, get caught drinking and driving , death sentance , you all for that? no i didnt think so .
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

lakevixen wrote: every drunk that kills someone or lets go one step further, get caught drinking and driving , death sentance , you all for that? no i didnt think so .

Yes, why don't you got even a little further in your hyperbolical arguments and say how I advocate killing people over dropped cigarettes butts. Feels good to win arguments in your head, eh?:)
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

im not trying to win anything im just showing where it can lead to . maybe if the cops weren't chasing potheads they might catch the real bad people sooner . death penalty is never coming to canada, get over it
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and now this has turned into a cop bashing tread number 6,199
Last edited by the truth on Jan 16th, 2014, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dwelsh11

Post by dwelsh11 »

What about Clifford Olson or Paul Bernardo? There was no doubt they committed those crimes, they deserved the death penalty and im sure thousands wouldve lined up to stick the needle in, me included!
FSmith59
Banned

Post by FSmith59 »

I believe it is Texas that passed a law stating that if a person is found guilty of murder, and at least 3 independent people were witness to the crime, that they don't get to stay on death row for the next bunch of years, but they go straight to the top of the list. In cases where there is a conviction, but it was not proven by the 3 witness part, they are not immediately given the death penalty.

Still isn't foolproof, but it definitely helps to not execute someone that may turn out to be innocent.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Queen K wrote:If you believe American crime stats, their serious crime is dropping. May have something to do with locking up scum and putting the death penalty to murderers. Instead of letting them out to do it all over again.

Not really. Not all states have a death penalty. Those that do don't, on average, have a lower rate of murder.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/deterrence-states-without-death-penalty-have-had-consistently-lower-murder-rates
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
melscarandtruckrental
Fledgling

Post by melscarandtruckrental »

Never mind innocent people being executed, I'd like to think that most people aren't out for blood or vengeance or some misguided sense of justice like some here (too bad it appears there are many who agree with "eye for an eye") If it were me, ya at first I'd want him dead, but as time went on in order to heal I'd have to forgive and move on. Hangin on to the hatred some feel undermines peace of the soul. I also wouldn't want to be the guy who flips the switch and if one does, that's pretty *bleep* sick and not far removed from the killer, the only difference is some " authority" said it was legal and there is vengeance in the heart.[/quote]
When I was 19 years old I applied to join the local police dept in a small town in Ontario and was accepted as they're first cadet. My dad who was in the military (Korea) asked me to think about one thing real hard and that was could I not only pull the sidearm that I would be required to carry, but be prepared to not only pull it but actually use it in defense of my life or someone else's. I did think real hard on that one question and answer was yes. That question was asked of me over 40 years ago and fortunately I never had to make that decision, but I still stand by it today. In response to this statement and the question of whether I could pull the switch on someone guilty without a doubt. YOU BET It may not bring back a dead person OR deter others from killing another human being. But it would damn sure that guy was never released on the streets and given the opportunity to repeat his actions.
Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your an idiot than open it and confirm it !!!

Return to “B.C.”