Warning suspension

zzontar
Guru

Re: Warning suspension

Post by zzontar »

lakevixen wrote:lol you did notice the if part right? why should be able to drive after consuming any amount of booze? lets hear 3 reasons

I think it should all center around one's driving ability and cognitive response.Do you think you could drive better than a person on Canada's Worst Driver after a sip of wine? Who do you think would be a better candidate to be on the road? One question.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

*off topic remark removed*/ferri
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

*off topic remark removed*/ferri
deedub
Fledgling

Post by deedub »

Notice the numerous fines/penalties between .05 and .08 . Wonder who thought these up .
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

rvrepairnut wrote:.05 has NOT been around since 1978. its only been in the last very few years where u got suspended for .05
where did u dream up u can be suspended for over .05 from 1978?

As he's a police officer and you aren't, I'll go with his insight.
gmeikle
Fledgling

Post by gmeikle »

To the police officer

From your experience, are the drivers who blow below .08 the real problem?

When reading most articles regarding fatalities, it is usually reported the the driver had a blood alcohol of over.08.

what are your thoughts?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

If it serves someone a wake-up call, perhaps they will not slide into the alcohol use pattern that could make them a potential murderer.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

.05 has NOT been around since 1978. its only been in the last very few years where u got suspended for .05
where did u dream up u can be suspended for over .05 from 1978?

As he's a police officer and you aren't, I'll go with his insight.

[/quote]

[/quote]its not insight its what is what !! .05 has been around since 2010. look it up. there has(was) never a law in BC that fined you etc because u were .05 till 2010
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

For what it is worth ...

It is possible to be impaired with a BTA reading of 0.00 or 0.01 because the charge reads "by alcohol or a drug". If you are impaired by other than alcohol your BTA reading would be 0.00. If you are impaired by alcohol AND a drug like marijuana your BTA reading could be as low as 0.01.

Many drugs contain the warning not to drive for that very reason. i.e. cold medications and many allergy medications. Many allergy medications have the same active ingredient as sleeping pills.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

Donald G wrote:For what it is worth ...

It is possible to be impaired with a BTA reading of 0.00 or 0.01 because the charge reads "by alcohol or a drug". If you are impaired by other than alcohol your BTA reading would be 0.00. If you are impaired by alcohol AND a drug like marijuana your BTA reading could be as low as 0.01.

Many drugs contain the warning not to drive for that very reason. i.e. cold medications and many allergy medications. Many allergy medications have the same active ingredient as sleeping pills.

so what? what does that have to do with what we are talking about? and non of what u post here has anything to do with a pass,warn,fail deal
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

The original roadside screening devices, used by the police in this country were called the "Alert" and when someone blew into them the instrument registered either a pass, warn or fail. On a warn, the officer would give the driver the option of having the vehicle towed or having a sober, licensed driver take the wheel. The drinking driver's license would be held for the police and returned at the expiration of a 12 [I think] hour period. If the driver registered a fail on the alert, he/she was taken to the police office where a breathalyzer test would be administered and if the subject blew over .10 they were charged with drive while over .08 . The .10 threshold existed because the breathalyzer was accurate to plus or minus .01. Correct me if I am wrong.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Donald G wrote:For what it is worth ...

You can definitely be impaired and blow a "0.00. Driving while extremely tired is another example.
dwelsh11

Post by dwelsh11 »

Think I'll trust KL-3 on this one, he's the expert! And totally agree lakevixen, no grey area then.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

dwelsh11 wrote:Think I'll trust KL-3 on this one, he's the expert! And totally agree lakevixen, no grey area then.

Is he an expert? or is he just a police officer offering his opinion? There is a difference you know.
dwelsh11

Post by dwelsh11 »

Well, since he did the training and law enforcement is his career, im sure he knows more about this then the rest of us.

Return to “B.C.”