Decline in volunteer firefighters drives up home insurance

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Decline in volunteer firefighters drives up home insuran

Post by steven lloyd »

rvrepairnut wrote:I don't think women are really capable of fighting house or commercial building fires. just my opinion and how I view things

Here's the candidate that beat you out:

rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

you only wish this was true. nice bod though
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Not all women are capable of being firefighters...but then neither are all men.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

One of the fire depts. in the South Okanagan is comprised of a LOT of women. Not a lot of calls in that dept but nonetheless.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

rvrepairnut wrote:you only wish this was true.

LOL - ya, we all believe she couldn't make you cry like a baby in under twenty seconds
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Bsuds wrote:Not all women are capable of being firefighters...but then neither are all men.

That is also so true in many other occupations...like Police work.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

rvrepairnut wrote:I don't think women are really capable of fighting house or commercial building fires. just my opinion and how I view things

Yeah yeah, we know you think women should just be in the kitchen. News flash, this is 2014 and I bet a lot of women could kick your a**! You single by any chance?
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

"]

Goatboy Yeah yeah, we know you think women should just be in the kitchen. News flash, this is 2014 and I bet a lot of women could kick your a**! You single by any chance?

[/quote]through time its been proven time and time again there are jobs only men should do and jobs that both men and women can do. Police women should strictly be liason/office/cleric workers and not out on beat workers
Women in fire department same deal. 99% of women ar just not tough enough when it comes to tough crowds and
running around in heavy fire suits with a huge water hose spraying water
There are a ton of men I also would not hire for the job,s
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

rvrepairnut wrote:
through time its been proven time and time again there are jobs only men should do and jobs that both men and women can do. Police women should strictly be liason/office/cleric workers and not out on beat workers
Women in fire department same deal. 99% of women ar just not tough enough when it comes to tough crowds and
running around in heavy fire suits with a huge water hose spraying water
There are a ton of men I also would not hire for the job,s

Your opinion becomes less and less credible with every post. There is a lot more to the above occupations than brute force. I personally know women fighter fighters who are more than capable than the vast majority of Men who think they can do the same job. Those women prove their physical prowes on a constant basis as requirded by thier employer. Sure it's not for every woman, but to say none can do the job is utterly ridiculous.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

never said none I said most all or 99% and I have seen to too many times where women were given a job that required
very physical(strength wise) and they usual fail in this test.look at the US military. Woman looking to be marines were as of January 2014 were to have to be able to pass the same test as men. Due to extreme high failure rate of this requirement they went back to the old rule till they get this deal figured out(which is never in my opinion)
I agree to say none may be a overstatement but a women or a man should not be given any job she or he is just is not cut out for and yet we as society constantly break this rule strictly because of political correctness on the womens part
mj_windsurfing

Post by mj_windsurfing »

Please...this is the 21st century. How physically strong do you need to be to pull a trigger?
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

mj_windsurfing wrote:Please...this is the 21st century. How physically strong do you need to be to pull a trigger?

haha that's kinda true as it was only a couple years a go a women cop was so scared of a homeless guy with a box cutter she puts 2-4 rounds of a 9MM through him. But really here and I am also guilty we are way off topic as we are talking firefighters here and the reason we don't see as many volunteers etc which is driving up the cost of fire fighting
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

A lot has changed over the years with being a volunteer firefighter. Not as much of a social get together. More training required. More demands to meet. More rules. More responsibility and liability. More time needed. Its a completely different organization as from before.
Something more of a concern would be when cities such as Kelowna grow at the rate it does and actually supports less fire stations than 30 years ago. Yes other factors have changed like road network, faster response etc. but should cities themselves not be more accountable. Cities make huge money off developments through many forms and this money is too be used to directly protect those developments. A look at the huge UBCO development, one would have assumed that a commitment to fire protection would be there but, it is served still by the Rutland fire station located a long way away.
MacKinnley landing is another example. Its not the small village it once was. Its grown, the homes are much bigger, and built in more difficult locations. More taxes being paid and still protected by a small volunteer dept. with backup from station 1 on enterprise way.
Yes, agreed cities cant just build fire stations and hire more man power, but we should look closely at the rate of development verses the same old protection. A look at this city is a perfect example. The Kelowna airport growing at a crazy rate, UBCO, Kelowna hospital, upper mission. The high rises, retirement homes.
When buildings get to the size and magnitude that they are then the services they expect should be provided..
DaveC
Board Meister

Post by DaveC »

rvrepairnut wrote:haha that's kinda true as it was only a couple years a go a women cop was so scared of a homeless guy with a box cutter she puts 2-4 rounds of a 9MM through him.

Right, we are so much safer with the FOUR MALE cops that tasered a guy to death for waving a stapler.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

*fix your quotest then repost/Jo*

Return to “B.C.”