North Shore Search & Rescue

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

North Shore Search & Rescue

Post by Treblehook »

British Columbia has lost a very good citizen with the death of Tim Jones, the leader of this Search & Rescue group. He was obviously passionate about this activity and 100 percent committed to North Shore SAR. Citizens [volunteers] of his calibre don't come along every day. From what I can see, his will be very big boots to fill. God Bless him.
BTDT
Fledgling

Re: North Shore Search & Rescue

Post by BTDT »

Great man - dedicated his life "so that others may live" RIP Tim Jones
southernfrau
Board Meister

Re: North Shore Search & Rescue

Post by southernfrau »

I was born and raised in North Van. Reading today's news, it came to me that I don't think that anyone has ever been honored this way that I can ever remember. Parade, police and rescue choppers landing in my old highschool sports field, TV screens outside the Centennial Theatre, 14 block parade.

Says the man was a hero for sure, and he is receiving the accolades he deserves. If only those type of accolades could be paid when a person is alive so that they may see how much they are needed and respected. Saw an old school chum on the news when this happened. I went to school with Ross Hallaway and feel for Ross knowing he has lost a good friend and fellow paramedic. Ross' Dad was Fire Chief in NV from 75 - 85.

It would be nice to say that Tim will be watching over the rescue team from the Heaven's and guiding them.
Rest In Peace Tim, you were one of a kind.

Return to “B.C.”