Supreme Court of Canada, IRP decision.

zzontar
Guru

Re: Supreme Court of Canada, IRP decision.

Post by zzontar »

Donald G wrote:To zzontar ...

Criminal records are backed up by fingerprints. Every "name run" criminal record check also contains a printout of the pattern on all ten of that criminals fingers. Even identical twins have differences. It protects people when a criminal uses the I.D. of a non criminal in stolen I.D. situations, which are not all that uncommon.

Thousands of people enter stores every day wearing clothing they have purchased in that store.

It has nothing to do with vital statistics.

Thus theoretical hogwash.

Not hogwash at all. Vital Statistics does not share all their info with the RCMP or a criminal check could cover everything.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

http://www.hautnews.com/news-2/world-ne ... bition-law

Very interesting article deals with the "scheme" between RCMP and ICBC.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

1. The lawyers do not fight this class action lawsuit on behalf of the "people of BC". They "fight" this class action lawsuit for the purpose of personally making money.

2. The children and families have absolutely nothing to do with the court case. They are repeatedly mentioned in order to encourage simpathy for the lawyers "lucrative" cause.

3. The RCMP have done and continue to do what the law and the People of Canada expect them to do. Get drunk drivers off of the road and save as many of the 1,250 lives of innocent mothers, fathers, sons and daughters killed by drunk drivers across Canada each year as possible.

4. Nowhere in the article does it identify what the effect of an "error" would be. In the old breathalyzers the machine was tested for accuracy before EVERY test and EVERY subsequent error was in favour of the accused.

5. From the limited information in the article it appears that the class action lawyers are attempting to find a technical defense to a large nmber of drunk driving charges; not disputing that the drivers were drinking and driving.
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

Ken7 wrote:http://www.hautnews.com/news-2/world-news/canada-news/986-bc-government-rcmp-scheme-revealed-in-immediate-roadside-prohibition-law

Very interesting article deals with the "scheme" between RCMP and ICBC.

Sooooo these things have been around for a number of years and IMO made a huge difference regarding road safety. That said I understand there are some ppl who have concerns about these laws and feel they were mistreated or worse yet wrongfully convicted sort of speak. Well I can tell you from my experience I have been on both sides of the little blow boxes and they work, they are reliable as all hell and the only fault here is usually the driver thinking he or she has only had 2 beer when in fact it was more like 6 or 7. Wake up folks these IRPs are here to stay...thank god for that.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Congratulations on admitting what happened and taking responsibility for any results. I would agree that probably in 99% of cases the machines are correct or at the very least close enough to the truth. I also agree and hope they stay around as they are life savers.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

A court decision based on reality rather than theory.

Contrary to the complete mess the same courts made of the Impaired Driving legislation by substituting theoretical findings for reality. They completely gutted the law and allowed drunk drivers to carry on killing about 1,250 mothers, fathers, sons and daughters across Canada each year.

That is the reason that getting drunk drivers off of our roads had to taken out of their hands.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I have to say I am relieved. I feel this is one of the best decisions the court has made in a long time. Now if we could only pick up our road checks and get some of these people off the road for a long time if not forever.

Hopefully we will jump on cell phones, distracted driving in the same way. Get them off the road too.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

I love how this topic just died when the courts made a decision...where are those nay sayers that called the IRP system bull crap and the like?? I have to say you disappoint me. Regardless the decision is a good one and allows the police to do a more affective job by freeing up resources and not clogging up the courts with cases that could and should be handled outside of the court room. Too bad for all of the lawyers who are now loosing the retainers etc for impaired driving charges..after all they seemed to be the ones that stood to suffer the most for this decision.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Trigger69 ...

The lawyers and criminal court judges are also the ones that forced society to seek the IRP situation as a means of getting drinking drivers out from behind the wheel.

Due to the many technical defences enabled by the Theoretical rather than Realistic approach that lawyers and judges had instilled in the Criminal Court System about 1,250 mothers, fathers, sons and daughters were being killed by drinking drivers across Canada each year.

Theory only works to keep order in a theoretical world. The IRP is effective and saves lives in the real world.
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

Donald G wrote:To Trigger69 ...

The lawyers and criminal court judges are also the ones that forced society to seek the IRP situation as a means of getting drinking drivers out from behind the wheel.

Due to the many technical defences enabled by the Theoretical rather than Realistic approach that lawyers and judges had instilled in the Criminal Court System about 1,250 mothers, fathers, sons and daughters were being killed by drinking drivers across Canada each year.

Theory only works to keep order in a theoretical world. The IRP is effective and saves lives in the real world.

Thanks for the insight no matter how short sighted it may be. I am not sure what you took from my post but let me spell it out for you. I totally love the IRP system as it was incepted a few years ago. The changes are ok but what ever. One thing tho...let me tell you something and I won't mince words...Defence lawyers did NOT back the IRP system in the slightest way. Why would they? It took tons of cash out of their pockets from defending CC impaired charges. That is why I am glad the IRP is and will always be there...oh and yes it removes drunk drivers from the street too...that part goes with out saying.

Return to “B.C.”