BC baby with 3 legal parents breaking new 'family' ground

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: BC baby with 3 legal parents breaking new 'family' groun

Post by Dizzy1 »

Buckeye19 wrote:Judging by the poor kids name her "parents" must have some connection to the West Kootenays. Maybe BC should follow suit with Mexico:

There are actually several countries that have similar restrictions/guidelines when it comes to naming children. Germany for example, the name has to reflect the sex of the child and has to protect the well-being of the child ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naming_law

jennylives wrote:I doubt it. Kids these days are a lot more tolerant of different sorts of families than previous generations.

That may be partly to blame because these days its trendy to dope your kids up on some sort of medication for some condition they probably don't even have or probably doesn't even exist (other than in the minds of some quack therapist).
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

Hassel99 wrote:I think that is neat, I hope it works out for them.

only in Canada EH
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I think this has great repercussions for daytime TV. Can you imagine Maury being able to declare "YOU ARE ALL THE FATHER!"

As for Mexico, good for them, more of these restrictions are needed as more parents seem to treat their children as a trendy thing to be clever with and not a person they need to create a good life for. (one couple in the US named their kid after a video game to get free games for life, because you know kid vs a couple hundred bucks a year)
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

So to back up your point that the baby may be subject to ridicule some posters have decided to take the initiative and participate in the ridicule by playing the part of a bully?

Seems unnecessary and counterproductive.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Hassel99 wrote:So to back up your point that the baby may be subject to ridicule some posters have decided to take the initiative and participate in the ridicule by playing the part of a bully?

Seems unnecessary and counterproductive.

Which is why we should perhaps follow other countries that have regulations in place to protect the child, namely from ridiculous parental antics.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

commen sence would tell anyone that only the birth parents be put on a birth certificate.As soon as this kid is old enough Iam sure they will be smart enough to have the fraudster removed.If the powers to be were of sound mind would never allow this insanity
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Dizzy1 wrote:Which is why we should perhaps follow other countries that have regulations in place to protect the child, namely from ridiculous parental antics.

The babies name is Della, whats wrong with that? her fathers last name is Kangro, which has been twisted into Kangaroo I guess. We should have legislation to change babies last names? Or did you just jump on a bandwagon with out acutally reading the article.

Three-month-old Della Wolf Kangro Wiley Richards is the daughter of lesbian parents and their male friend
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

In my youth having 3 parents instead of two would increase the amount of whoop-ass one has to suffer by 50%!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Hassel99 wrote:The babies name is Della, whats wrong with that? her fathers last name is Kangro, which has been twisted into Kangaroo I guess. We should have legislation to change babies last names? Or did you just jump on a bandwagon with out acutally reading the article.

I read the article, its a funny name, no harm done, unless one is overly sensitive. A popular family name in Germany is Assmann ... bring it over here and yeah, you'll get teased on it ... fortunately most people learn to laugh along and not jump on the PC bandwagon. Our family name is a tough one too, you learn to roll with the punches ... life is to short to expect people to go out of their way and form a special interest group for you and the problem they've invented for you.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

rvrepairnut wrote:
only in Canada EH

What next, scrambled eggs ruling.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Adopted children technically have four parents. The child eventually finds out in some cases decides they really want to know who their birth parents are. I imagine the same thing happens in sperm donor situations and that can raise its own set of problems. In this case the child not only gets to grow up knowing their biological father but also knowing that he did a very selfless thing for their mothers. I think its very nice and those of you condemning it may have the child's interest in mind but I think your logic is dated and fears unfounded.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

Oxl3y wrote:Adopted children technically have four parents. The child eventually finds out in some cases decides they really want to know who their birth parents are. I imagine the same thing happens in sperm donor situations and that can raise its own set of problems. In this case the child not only gets to grow up knowing their biological father but also knowing that he did a very selfless thing for their mothers. I think its very nice and those of you condemning it may have the child's interest in mind but I think your logic is dated and fears unfounded.

But were not talking about being adopted and then having to search for birth parents here at all/ The subject at hand is having three people NAMED on your BIRTH CERTICICATE when In fact its impossible to have 3 adults cause a birth.the only people whom should be named are the male and the female whom are the DNA birth parents.
Its ridiculous when we allow such ludicruis things to go on theses days
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

rvrepairnut wrote:But were not talking about being adopted and then having to search for birth parents here at all/ The subject at hand is having three people NAMED on your BIRTH CERTICICATE when In fact its impossible to have 3 adults cause a birth.the only people whom should be named are the male and the female whom are the DNA birth parents.
Its ridiculous when we allow such ludicruis things to go on theses days

It's exactly the same thing only you choose to gloss over the truth due to your own prejudices. Let's focus on what you seem to be so appalled about, the actual certificate? Its a piece of paper...who cares. You seem to be implying that that piece of paper will somehow be damaging to the child where in actuality you are just upset about the situation of a lesbian couple having a child.

They chose to actually have a natural birth and instead of a random sperm donor they wanted someone close to them that they respected and loved. They want their child to have a father figure (An influence, I might add, that people against same sex couples having children complain are absent from these relationships) and wanted to include him in the child's life. This child will now grow up with two loving moms and also the benefit of knowing its father.

So lets call a spade a spade, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were concerned about the child's welfare but your use of strong words such as ludicrous and ridiculous without adding any reasonable argument paint your prejudices a bold red.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

*removed*/ferri
Last edited by ferri on Feb 17th, 2014, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
Black Dogs Matter

Return to “B.C.”